Touch

Paroxysm

Superhero
Reaction score
EXCLUSIVE: Kiefer Sutherland is mulling a return to primetime with another Fox drama. The 24 star is in negotiations to topline drama pilot Touch, from Heroes creator Tim Kring. Like 24, Touch is produced by 20th Century Fox TV. Co-produced by Chernin Entertainment, Touch centers on a father (the role Sutherland has been offered) who discovers that his autistic, mute son can predict events before they happen. Kring wrote the project on spec, his first pilot script since Heroes. Charles McDougall, who has helmed the pilots for ABC's Desperate Housewives, ABC's The Good Wife and, most recently, Fox's The Chicago Code, is in talks to direct.
http://www.deadline.com/2011/02/kie...urn-with-fox-drama-pilot-from-heroes-creator/

Kring and Sutherland? Should be interesting.

who discovers that his autistic, mute son can predict events before they happen

wasn't there a movie like this once?

The twist ending: The kid isn't predicting the future at all! He's just imagining it while looking at a snow globe!

I've a lot of faith in Sutherland to handle an emotionally heavy drama. In the few times he showed some emotion as Bauer in 24, you really felt for the guy.

I don't have as much faith in Kring after the way they really screwed up the Heroes story.

Him and his team of writers.

He was also the screenwriter, wrote the first season and was involved in the writing process up to the finish. He had total control of the product, and made a complete hash of it. Do a search online for Tim Kring Hero Interview, he freely admits himself what mistakes were made.

Hey, maybe he'll pull a rabbit out of the hat and this new show could be amazingly written - I just don't have a lot of faith he will.

He was also the screenwriter, wrote the first season and was involved in the writing process up to the finish. He had total control of the product, and made a complete hash of it. Do a search online for Tim Kring Hero Interview, he freely admits himself what mistakes were made.

Hey, maybe he'll pull a rabbit out of the hat and this new show could be amazingly written - I just don't have a lot of faith he will.

Don't watch it then.

Kiefer will probably correct any potential mistakes with his input. He was "Executive Producer" of "24"

but that didn't stop FOX from canceling "24"

:whatever:

Don't watch it then.

I'll watch it if Kring delivers something better than last time.

Did you only put up this thread so people can say this show is going to be amazing? I'm fully entitled to express my doubts at Kring's writing ability, given how the plotline in his last major TV show was royally f**ked up with him in charge. If you can't handle anything negative, don't post threads up for discussion.

Definitely not a Kring Fan, and wasn't much of a fan of 24. But I'll check out the pilot.

I'll watch this just because of Kiefer it looks interesting.

It was ok.

Not sure how the British guy's pics and the call center chick's video got displayed in Japan.

Also the Arab kid looked to have a happy ending but it doesnt make sense. No way the terrorrists are going to let the kid not blowing himself up slide.

One of Japanese girls said she had a guy friend who ran the Jumbotrons. She let him DL the stuff from the phone and he uploaded to the screens.

I really liked the show. Can't wait to watch more of it in March.

I can see why Kiefer took on the role as it's a very different character to Jack Bauer (Although I did smile when he busted out "Dammit!" and when he was told he had to wait 24 hours to see his son). However I found my interest drifting when he wasn't on screen and I'm not sure the premise will grab people.

One of Japanese girls said she had a guy friend who ran the Jumbotrons. She let him DL the stuff from the phone and he uploaded to the screens.

I really liked the show. Can't wait to watch more of it in March.

They showed the prem in January but the show doesn't start fully until March?

Yeah, this was a Sneak Peek. Show doesn't come on again until March.

Thanks Kal, how did this ep do in the ratings?

Really good. It pulled a 3.9/10 (12.01 million viewers). It had a 61% retention of Idol viewers. That's higher than the premieres of Human Target, Fringe, Lie to Me, and it even beat the 2009 Glee preview.

I've gotta say I'm surprised but good for Kiefer. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"