24: Live Another Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
24 basically made the serial main stream and changed the way people watch TV in the 21st century. If this is successful, 24 could reinvent TV again. Imagine a world where your favorites, long off the air, can come back for a second lease on life. It is basically a modern day reunion show, only instead of corny, a legit way to followup and provide the viewer with another look into the lives of their favorite characters while also adding a new level of closure. This could become the norm.

It is already starting.

Arrested Development came back and Veronica Mars is getting a movie (with the potential for more).

The only problem is when they become too overzealous and milk it too much. Case in point, Sex and the City 2.

Yeah, I hope this is quality and not just for the sake of milking the franchise.

The only problem is when they become too overzealous and milk it too much. Case in point, Sex and the City 2.

24 already did that with seasons 6 to 8. There were some great to good episodes but the series peaked with season 5. After the fourth episode of the sixth season it just became a mess.

Which was unfortunate, because those first four episodes were fantastic.

24 already did that with seasons 6 to 8. There were some great to good episodes but the series peaked with season 5. After the fourth episode of the sixth season it just became a mess.

Season 6 was pretty bad but 7 was probably the second or third best season of the series. 8 had some downtime but was a tremendous end, all things considered.

I loved Season 7's opening scene and wanted the whole season to be something like that.

With 24 I just go with it, I don't let dumb plot points or anything ruin my thrill ride enjoyment of each season

Ah I guess so. Sometimes, the problem with me is that I get so fixated on a single scene that I want the whole season to be like that and when it's not, I get disappointed.

3, 1, 7............ 4, 5, 6, 8............................................. 2.

This thread needs a countdown clock for the premiere. ;)

Knew it was only a matter of time before they got her back.

Cool. Hope Tony returns too. But I don't know if that'd be a good thing. It depends if people think he got a nice sendoff in Season 7.

Please NO! Audrey Raines was so boring ... can't Renee Walker have a twin sister who works for a government department? Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"