40GB PS3 hits U.S. November 2nd for $400, 80GB now $499

Zenien

Reaction score
Jack Tretton, President of Sony Computer Entertainment has now confirmed that the new 40GB PlayStation 3 will make it's way to the U.S., releasing on Novemeber 2nd, for a retail price of $400.

If that wasn't good enough, Tretton also confirmed that the 80GB version will be getting a hundred price cut, dropping it from $600 to $500.

ps3_02.jpg

Link

Want a PS3 this Christmas? It -NOT- gonna cost you $600!!!!!!! (what a shock! :wow:)

Good thing I never bought the $500 60GB one. :D I think I'll wait another price drop or two before I pick one up.

My best friend's brother will be very happy. Between the three of us, we'll have a Wii, 360, and PS3.

Link

Want a PS3 this Christmas? It -NOT- gonna cost you $600!!!!!!! (what a shock! :wow:)
HAHA, thanks for posting that line Zen. I thought it was ridiculous for anyone to honestly beleive that Sony wouldnt drop the 80gb. Im more surprised that its dropping the price will still keeping the Motorstorm bundle but Im sure that will be phased out eventually. The 80gb is a great bargain.

Zen. You really needed to make the new thread, huh???

Awesome news! So, is it coming in that color? Or is it going to be black?

it was black on the box of the spider-man 3 40 gig pack i saw on the net.

It wont be able to play ps2 games :cmad: what the f***!

I swear people ***** and ***** about the PS3 price being too high and when they take away a few things to make it cheap they start *****ing about that too. If backwards compatibilty means that much to you quit *****ing and pay the extra $100 for it. I paid $600 for my PS3 (before the free Blu-Rays and all of that) and I have not one day regretted the purchase it is well worth it.

I swear people ***** and ***** about the PS3 price being too high and when they take away a few things to make it cheap they start *****ing about that too. If backwards compatibilty means that much to you quit *****ing and pay the extra $100 for it. I paid $600 for my PS3 (before the free Blu-Rays and all of that) and I have not one day regretted the purchase it is well worth it.
Ive come to the conclusion that people love to b--ch

Yeah I don't know its just weird. I don't get how people just go straight to looking for negatives and then just not even bother to go over the positives seems like a crummy way to go through life.

Yeah I don't know its just weird. I don't get how people just go straight to looking for negatives and then just not even bother to go over the positives seems like a crummy way to go through life.

Otherwise they'd have to praise Sony, which isn't in right now. I've said it in another thread, and I'll say it again, keep your goddamn PS2!!! You're gonna get less than a $100, so what's the point if you get a 40G? You can b**tch if you want, or you can put in a hundred more and also get a sweet racing game. Does SM3 come with both versions.

Otherwise they'd have to praise Sony, which isn't in right now. I've said it in another thread, and I'll say it again, keep your goddamn PS2!!! You're gonna get less than a $100, so what's the point if you get a 40G? You can b**tch if you want, or you can put in a hundred more and also get a sweet racing game. Does SM3 come with both versions.

Exactly Sony offers 3 different models with different things about them. You have 3 choices so figure out what is most important to you and pay for the one that your getting the most out of.

And SM3...what do you mean both versions? :huh:

Ohh I thought you were thinking there are 2 versions of the movie. No...as far as I know the SM3 will only be with the 40GB and with the 80GB you get Motorstorm but with both you still get the 5 free Blu-Ray mail-ins. And I also saw (I don't know if this is true) that some places I don't know if its in the US that a limited number of the new PS3's would not only include SM3 but the entire trilogy.

Exactly Sony offers 3 different models with different things about them. You have 3 choices so figure out what is most important to you and pay for the one that your getting the most out of.

And SM3...what do you mean both versions? :huh:
no, 40gb gets Spiderman 3 and 80gb gets Motorstorm. 80gb is the better deal here

some people are finding the 60gb for $399 at Walmart. Thats defiently worth checking out

Asinine logic!

You buy a new car that uses a new alternative fuel............thats cool and is a sign of next generation technology. However there are only a few stations in your state that actually sale the next gen fuel with a promise of more in the future. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to use the standard fuel at any given station until the new fuel stations are built?

another futile attempt on Sony to try and save a sinking ship

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"