40GB PS3 hits U.S. November 2nd for $400, 80GB now $499

The 40GB is geared more toward the movie watching crowd so yeah I would say go with the 60GB or the 80GB. I have the 60GB and yes it is better because it uses hardware emulation for older games and the 80GB uses software emulation like the 360. And if you wanna check and see if your older games would even work on the 80GB here is a site.

http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/CompatibleStatus

I probably won't be able to find a 60 GB, but if I can I'll jump on that one.

So space isn't really that big of a deal is it?

your older games would even work on the 80GB

home-alone-lr.jpg

You can play old games!!? :o

I probably won't be able to find a 60 GB, but if I can I'll jump on that one.

So space isn't really that big of a deal is it?

Well I mean I have the 60 GB and I haven't had any problems concerning space and I have over 100 songs, a couple trailers downloaded, and a few demos. So the extra 20GB shouldn't really matter unless your going to be downloading something all the time and storing a ton of media.

You could still easily find a 60GB model online.

spec_all_cechh00cw.jpg

Sony has started a new advertising Campaign in Japan, to coincide with the price drop, amsuingly it's basically "Now normal people can afford the PS3/Now I (a seemingly normal everyday japanese person) can actually afford a PS3". So yaeh, I think PS3 will get a bit of a weekly bump now that word has gotten out.

spec_all_cechh00.jpg

The old black color...

I wish I had a white PS3!

I dont like the look of those old boxes....lol

That blows. I'm a hardcore but cheap gamer, which is a technicality, cuz I'll most likely get the 40G, but I could allso easily end up with the 80G so I can let my PS2 RIP.

white's cool but wouldn't match anything of mine. The Japanese seem to dig different colors however

Can you use a regular HDMI cable with the Playstation 3 or do you have to get one specifically made for the Playstation 3?

Meh, screw it...I'll keep my Ps2 and get one of them cheap (400, right?) white Ps3s for Christmas, BC or not.

Can you use a regular HDMI cable with the Playstation 3 or do you have to get one specifically made for the Playstation 3?
any one will do
Meh, screw it...I'll keep my Ps2 and get one of them cheap (400, right?) white Ps3s for Christmas, BC or not.
keep in mind you'd have to import a white PS3, they're available in Asia only

Well I mean I have the 60 GB and I haven't had any problems concerning space and I have over 100 songs, a couple trailers downloaded, and a few demos. So the extra 20GB shouldn't really matter unless your going to be downloading something all the time and storing a ton of media.

You could still easily find a 60GB model online.

I don't keep music on my PS3. I use the Media Server feature and have it connected with my PC. It saves the HDD space. Even though I have 160 gigs to use.

The 60GB's they are phasing out I believe so yeah they are going to be the most expensive model and they have hardware emulation for old games unlike the 80GB.

On Ebay most of them are gonna be used right? As opossed to Amazon? "New" on Amazon usually includes other online busineses right?

You just have to read the product descriptions. I suggest you look around at all the sites before you go ahead with your purchase because you could probably find a nice little bundle package. Are you positive you want the 60GB?

Think I'm gonna go with the 80 GB at this point.

Heard there may be furture updates to better the 80's PS2 playability.

FROM IGN, NOT TOO SHABBY!!!:D:up:

PS3 Sales Surge in Japan
Hardware sales jump three times following 40 gigabyte release.
by Anoop Gantayat

showUSloc=(checkLocale('uk')||checkLocale('au'));document.writeln(showUSloc ? 'US, ' : ''); November 14, 2007 - Official sales numbers from Japan won't be available until later this week, but prior to that, one of our favorite retail blogs has provided an early glimpse at a sales surge for the PS3 following the release of the lower-priced 40 gigabyte model.

The system managed sales of 56,000 units, the site reports, representing a three fold jump over the 17,000-or-so that the system had been averaging prior to the release of the new model. This figure accounts for just one day of sales for the revision (released on a Sunday) but also includes full week sales for the 60 gigabyte and 20 gigabyte models.

Only once has the PS3 performed better this year. In the first week of January, as supply began to trickle back into retail following post-launch holiday sell-outs, Sony managed to sell 67,000 systems. Not even the release of Gundam Musou (46,000 PS3 units) or Hot Shots Golf (38,000 units) caused a sales surge this huge.

In addition to the new, attractive price point, one of the reasons for the surge might be the release of Dynasty Warriors 6. The latest in Koei's popular franchise shifted 170,000 units in its first day of sales this past Sunday. For those keeping track of sales for the series, the Xbox 360 version, released the same day, sold 26,000 units.

This is much better performance than the other game released opposite the 40 gigabyte system, Ratchet & Clank Future, which only managed to shift 10,000 units.

Following a week where it was beaten by the 360 in hardware sales, the PS3 managed to beat out all console competition. The Wii shifted 35,000 units. The 360, just 7,000 units, although the site reports that Microsoft's Value Pack, which combines the 20 gigabyte 360 with Forza 2 and Viva Pinata, all for the low price of 34,800 yen, was in short supply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"