8.19 - Stiletto - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The world has gone crazy, Neal Bailey gave the episode a 5/5 and generally raved about it. :wow:

Hmm... I wonder if I should re-evaluate what I'm going to give it, I was going to give it a 4.5 but only because I don't give quarter points, not quite perfect, but closer to a 4.5 than to a 4.0.

I think next year I need to switch to a 10 point scale, too many are too close together, I have a lot that got 4.5 this season.

*shrug*

Don't change your score on his account.

I don't know why I still read his reviews, as they generally make me mad with how overboard he goes with the negativity.

I read yours due to the excellent writing and you will look at an episode and give it a fair shake before judging it. I generally feel that if you judge an episode sucky, then usually you give great reasons as to why you feel that way.

I have to say I really despise Neal Bailey. He's very pompus & just a very arrogant person in general. I listen to his Bailey Planet rants on Superman Hompages Weekly podcast show & he just has this smug way of coming across. He always bring's up how he went to college as if that means he's the be all end all & his arguements are more credible because of said situation. he often takes great eps of Smallville, gives them 2 or 3 outta 5 all because there might have been 2 scenes out of a friggin 40 minute epi where one of the characters might have been acting out of character. Rather than judging the epi as a whole. I trust Trippie's reviews far more.

Steve

Hmm... I wonder if I should re-evaluate what I'm going to give it, I was going to give it a 4.5 but only because I don't give quarter points, not quite perfect, but closer to a 4.5 than to a 4.0.

I think next year I need to switch to a 10 point scale, too many are too close together, I have a lot that got 4.5 this season.

*shrug*

for sure go to 10 point system. Did stiletto realy deserve a 90%? or an 80%? I'd give it a solid B grade at 70%... where 100% is the unattainable perfection episode where every fan is happy with it. This episode lost a whole bunch of points for the absolutely ridiculous Stiletto angle. There had to be a better way to get Lois in contact with the RBB, that excluded leather lingerie. It was strange. It was like filler, with in a filler episode.

Infact, I think that this would have been a prime moment in the series for Lois to do what Lois does... throw herself into a ridiculous amount of danger, to be saved by the RBB. Not dress up as a superhero and offer herself as a girlfriend.

Last edited:
I have to say I really despise Neal Bailey. He's very pompus & just a very arrogant person in general. I listen to his Bailey Planet rants on Superman Hompages Weekly podcast show & he just has this smug way of coming across. He always bring's up how he went to college as if that means he's the be all end all & his arguements are more credible because of said situation. he often takes great eps of Smallville, gives them 2 or 3 outta 5 all because there might have been 2 scenes out of a friggin 40 minute epi where one of the characters might have been acting out of character. Rather than judging the epi as a whole. I trust Trippie's reviews far more.

Steve

Very similar to my thoughts, just said in a much better way. :up:

Don't change your score on his account.

I don't know why I still read his reviews, as they generally make me mad with how overboard he goes with the negativity.

I read yours due to the excellent writing and you will look at an episode and give it a fair shake before judging it. I generally feel that if you judge an episode sucky, then usually you give great reasons as to why you feel that way.

Well, the only reason I hesitate now is that I am leery of any episode I like that Neal also likes.

It's like, what the hell is wrong with me? I usually hate the episodes he loves.

I guess he's a Lois fan.

LOL!

It was a good episode for Erica and Lois.

Steve

Trippie?

LOL!

I'm glad you like my reviews... not everyone on k-site is of the same mind, I'm still getting raked over the coals for Power's review. A lot of people were concvinced I hate Lana and Kristin after that review, I guess they hadn't read Requiem's review.

*shrug*

for sure go to 10 point system. Did stiletto realy deserve a 90%? or an 80%? I'd give it a solid B grade at 70%... where 100% is the unattainable perfection episode where every fan is happy with it. This episode lost a whole bunch of points for the absolutely ridiculous Stiletto angle. There had to be a better way to get Lois in contact with the RBB, that excluded leather lingerie. It was strange. It was like filler, with in a filler episode.

Infact, I think that this would have been a prime moment in the series for Lois to do what Lois does... throw herself into a ridiculous amount of danger, to be saved by the RBB. Not dress up as a superhero and offer herself as a girlfriend.

Well, I actually liked the episode a lot more than just as a filler. I think it was anything but...

Your mileage may of course vary, but maybe once I'm done with my review, read it and see if you can see my points.

Yea trip i love your reviews alot. I read them all the time. As For the Neal guy i never read his.

THat's funny. When my hopes for Smallville were totally crushed, I gave this episode a go and it surprised me. It was a great! :up: I thought it was going to be terrible but, in fact, was one of the best episodes of the entire show, IMO.

Yea trip i love your reviews alot. I read them all the time. As For the Neal guy i never read his.

Thanks webby!

:D

THat's funny. When my hopes for Smallville were totally crushed, I gave this episode a go and it surprised me. It was a great! :up: I thought it was going to be terrible but, in fact, was one of the best episodes of the entire show, IMO.

Yeah, I was sorta groaning about it when I saw the trailer, but you know, it was actually probably one of the most fun of the season, the drag of Chloe helping Davis cover up murders and Lois actually making **** up aside.

;)

Hey guys i was wondering if any one has a high quality screen cap of the bart/cyborg screens on chloe's computer when it was hacked.

did anyone notice that the shot of aquaman wasnt from the show? it was totally one of his modeling shots!

i know cuz i have it saved to my computer! lol i thought it was weird but didnt think anyone would notice, but since those pics were brought up.....

i enjoyed this episode alot...but maybe i missed it or something, but after clark gets shot, and they get him out of there...then they just say "wow good thing it was a flesh wound" and dont even try to explain why hes ok?

i MUST have missed something? or is that how it ended?

That's why I started out doing the A, B, C, D, F grades instead of a point scale because you can do the +'s and -'s to help but I got too many emails asking me for number grades instead.

Doug

Originally Posted by Superfreak

I don't think this episode was filler at all. In fact quite the opposite. As far as the overall Superman story this one is essential to both Clark and Lois' character development.

Edit: whoops. Sorry for the double post. I thought I was just adding an edit to the last one. /blush

Last edited:
Doug, I didn't know you came around here. I quite enjoy your reviews over at Superman homepage...keep up the good work.

Ever thought about doing a letters column?

So does any one have some high quality caps that i was looking for?

Hey guys i was wondering if any one has a high quality screen cap of the bart/cyborg screens on chloe's computer when it was hacked.

here ya go! unfortunately the CW logo is covering bart's face though :(

bonus: Canary

Heh, Cyborg's the only one that looks like he's put any effort in. Bart looks half awake while Canary looks terrified of the camera.

Well, the only reason I hesitate now is that I am leery of any episode I like that Neal also likes.

It's like, what the hell is wrong with me? I usually hate the episodes he loves.

I guess he's a Lois fan.

LOL!

It was a good episode for Erica and Lois.

There is a few Clois related episode he has really trashed. He generally seems to hate any shipper related stuff no matter which character. IN defense of Neil I generally like his reviews for entertainment reasons(not that I take them seriously) because he can pick apart all the stupid little things on it(it's even funnier when you hate the episode, but he does make some funny points on episode I even do like)

I found this episode almost empty. Did not like it at all. The beginning of the season was mind-blowing but since few episode, it is not very good. Of course the guest stars save it, but nothing more.
I was glad to see Bruno Mannheim (the actor was good, good characterization)! And The Lois and Clark sequences are always good. But that's it.
Not a good episode. :(

That's why I started out doing the A, B, C, D, F grades instead of a point scale because you can do the +'s and -'s to help but I got too many emails asking me for number grades instead.

Doug

Really?

Well, I'm not sure what I'm going to do, maybe I'll start giving quarter points...

LOL!

And I agree that this episode had a lot of substance, even with the humor...

:up:

Caroline did a really good job, I love her dialogue.

So I wonder with Bruno in this episode and going to jail, does people think it's almost a guarantee that Inter Gang will show up next season?

The way Smallville introduced him was fantastic I thought, and with them talking about things from this season leading to next, I'm hoping this means we get the forming of intergang for season 9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"