8.05 - Committed - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

You do know that Kristin Kreuk is no longer a regular on the show, right? And that Clark eventually ends up with Lois Lane?

I find your desire to KILL Lana Lang off in this show, when she's leaving anyway, to be a leeetle bit fanatical.

Nice avy 'Rene. Who's the artist?

I knew they would most likely cheese out of it somehow, but I really want the ball to get rolling on this Lois & CLark thing.
It's cheese... It's cheese... It's cheese that makes the world go 'round...

I don't think lana should die in order for Clark to move on.
At this point, would Lana dying - and Clark not preventing it because he chose not to use his powers - be Ollie's island? Clark would feel guilty, sure, but that would forever make her a martyr. This season on SV we're finally closer to the Reeve/Kidder superluminal flight than to a Lana version of it.

would Lana dying - and Clark not preventing it because he chose not to use his powers - be Ollie's island?
I'm usually the first to say "never say never," but THAT would never happen. Powers or no powers, Clark tries to save everybody. His only problem has been in not being able to save everybody that needs saving.

That said, it does seem to be a common theme. Peter Parker didn't use his abilities to stop the thief who robbed the wrestling promoter and the thief went on to murder Peter's father; and Batman chose to save Harvey Dent instead of Rachel, and Dent then goes on to become Two Face. Ah you superheroes, what will we ever do with you and your poor decision, eh? :p

^ I didn't mean he'd purposely let her die. Could be he tries to save her w/o using his powers but fails and vows thereafter to always use his powers to save people even if it might mean exposing himself. Could also be he doesn't know she's in danger until afterward, and he finds out that if he'd used his powers (or sooner, or differently) she would have lived.

i hope that is what they will do with lana/clark when lana is back for her 5 episodes. As for the season the producers have stated many times they have plans set in motion for the show to go a 9th season and to wrap it up if they get the call to end this season. We just dont know yet untill wb/cw gives them the call and most say they will probably know by the time mid season break happens.

This is sketchy. I don't like it. They plan to go to another season, but if they get the call at mid season break to end the show this season, they'll rush out an ending, is what they're saying.

This is sketchy. I don't like it. They plan to go to another season, but if they get the call at mid season break to end the show this season, they'll rush out an ending, is what they're saying.

I don't think the ending would be rushed. The way I see it, the producers have so far planned the season to go in two different paths. One path would lead to another season and the other path leads to the series finale. Both paths have been written out (in their minds at least) so they have thought about it. In that sense, the series finale would not be rushed but planned out carefully.

I don't think the ending would be rushed. The way I see it, the producers have so far planned the season to go in two different paths. One path would lead to another season and the other path leads to the series finale. Both paths have been written out (in their minds at least) so they have thought about it. In that sense, the series finale would not be rushed but planned out carefully.

I don't think it can be that way. If they're leaving it open for more seasons, they're obviously planning on leaving goals unreached. I don't want them trying to lightswitch Clark from how he is now, to actually being Superman in like 5 episodes. Even if they've got both situations planned. I don't see them effectively having Clark create a second persona and execute that in a short amount of time. The end of the series should be a season long arc, at least half a season, and they're obviously not working to that.

^ I didn't mean he'd purposely let her die. Could be he tries to save her w/o using his powers but fails and vows thereafter to always use his powers to save people even if it might mean exposing himself. Could also be he doesn't know she's in danger until afterward, and he finds out that if he'd used his powers (or sooner, or differently) she would have lived.

Clark has had plenty of islands, he doesn't need someone dying in spite of his best efforts, he just needs to make that final decision and I think already has all the tools to make it. He doesn't need to get eaten by mosquitoes :whatever:

lol

I don't think it can be that way. If they're leaving it open for more seasons, they're obviously planning on leaving goals unreached. I don't want them trying to lightswitch Clark from how he is now, to actually being Superman in like 5 episodes. Even if they've got both situations planned. I don't see them effectively having Clark create a second persona and execute that in a short amount of time. The end of the series should be a season long arc, at least half a season, and they're obviously not working to that.

PS3 have a plan:

I’m also curious, like since you guys are obviously going to go for a season 9, how challenging is it as writers to think about the arc of where the season finale is going to go because it may be the last season. It may not be the last season. So how are you planning for that?

Todd Slavkin: We have alternate endings this season. We know how this season will end if there’s a season 9, which we hope and we’re keeping our fingers crossed, and we believe there will be. And we have plans if this would be the series finale. So it’s just a matter of…right now we’re so early in the season that we don’t have to adjust yet, you know?

Darren Swimmer: But there’s an arc that either way, whether it’s the last season which it probably won’t be, or we go on—there’s still the arc….the story it’s not like we’re going to kind of have to like re-write and take out our erasers and re-write really fast. It’s going to be the same basic arc either way.

http://www.collider.com/entertainment/tv/article.asp/aid/8960/tcid/1

AlMiles always mentioned they had an ending launching sequence ready, so PS3 know what to do.

^ Exactly. I knew there was an interview about it somewhere but I just couldn't find it. So the producers already have a plan and therefore, the series finale won't be rushed (if there is a need for one).

yea that is what i was trying to say the other day they have plans to have a 9th season and a plan to end the show and since smallville is the top rated show for cw i would think if they do plan to end the show they would give the smallville folks the call so they have things set to end.

Fantastic review Trip. I agree on practically everything you said. To me, this episode is the best one of the season, it just proved how fantastic Erica and Tom are as actors, and how sizzling hot their chemistry is on screen. :up:

Fantastic review Trip. I agree on practically everything you said. To me, this episode is the best one of the season, it just proved how fantastic Erica and Tom are as actors, and how sizzling hot their chemistry is on screen. :up:

Thanks...

Neary every minute of this episode was enjoyable, I was bored silly the first time I watched during the Tess/Oliver scenes, but Cassidy pulled that out of the fire on subsequent viewings.

She was completely awesome.

And I do so love it anytime Tom and Erica have scenes together now. They're both just wonderful.

I'm even on board now with the Chimmy!

:eek:

Imagine that!

:D

Allison finally sold me on that.

The only thing I didn't agree with was Oliver and Tess...for some reason I am really interested in finding out more about their past, and more importantly her past. I do wish that Oliver would wear his shirt more often though.

The duel scene between the two was fantastic and fun to watch. :up:

The only thing I didn't agree with was Oliver and Tess...for some reason I am really interested in finding out more about their past, and more importantly her past. I do wish that Oliver would wear his shirt more often though.

The duel scene between the two was fantastic and fun to watch. :up:

I'm not really that interested in their backgrounds, not really. I'm surprised that Ollie slept around on her, especially at it appears that she is important to him. or was.

*shrug*

Maybe, part of the problem for me is that I think poor Justin has reached his depth as an actor.

He's good at what he does with Oliver, but doesn't seem all that comfortable exploring more of Ollie's background.

*shrug*

Once again trip very good review, i have enjoyed reading your reviews for a long time.

Yikes...

I've gotten some interesting comments in my PM box over on K-site about that Chloe/Jimmy dungeon scene.

They actually think that Chloe was still lying, that she had used her Brainiac powers to fool the lie detector and that she still loves Clark.

:eek:

What else can they do to let the Chlarkers know that Chloe and Clark are not meant to be?

:confused:

Actually Trip, that is one thing you mentioned in your review that I enjoyed..about the dungeon scene. I thought it was a testement to Allison Mack's acting, since she completely sold me on her relationship with Jimmy. I didn't mind it before, but that episode made it so now I am actually rooting for them.

I don't know if I buy the Brainiac thing...that seems like they are grasping a bit.

What else can they do to let the Chlarkers know that Chloe and Clark are not meant to be?
Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Those people will forever believe the writers/producers are going to pen some sort of bizarre swap at the end of the show. It's ridiculous; I know. The writers have pulled out every stop they could (short of killing Chloe) to show that Clark's destiny - among many other things - is to be with Lois. On boards like TWoP, the "Chlois Theory" still pervades almost every thread to the point of many posters hating Lois with a passion. The more hints (anvils) the writers drop, the more people dig in their heals and say hell no, we won't go. LOL It's rather humorous and sad at the same time.

haha...Chloisers. :whatever:

It's one of the reasons I like chatting with the people here other than other sites, since most of those crazies don't come here. :p

:confused:

A side from putting up giant promotion boards that say "Chloe will never be with Clark", not much :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"