85th Annual Academy Awards (2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you talking about the Golden Globes in the Academy Awards thread, ya clowns?

Tommy Lee Jones at the Golden Globes.

1358129310629.jpg

Since Affleck won the Golden Globe for Directing, If the outcry is large enough, I wonder if this could push them to expand the nominees for Best Director in the future.

I doubt the outcry for his snub was as great as it was for TDK.

The field shouldn't be expanded every time someone gets snubbed.

I would laugh so hard if Affleck wins everything until Oscars. Oh man, if David O. Russell wins BD, he's going to be the most hated director since Tom Hooper.

Jessica Chastain Takes the Globe. Woop woop.

Before all these award shows, I was sure Lincoln and Jennifer Lawrence were a lock for their Oscars. Now, I think it will be Argo and Jessica Chastain will instead.

I thought Anne would win her award here but to have it confirmed for all time is brilliant.

Well I'm glad Argo got some ahem *Affleck Daredevil voice* justice.

Before all these award shows, I was sure Lincoln and Jennifer Lawrence were a lock for their Oscars. Now, I think it will be Argo and Jessica Chastain will instead.

Lawrence was never lock and GG wins mean nothing, wait for the Guilds.

The only for sure lock this year is probably Hathaway and maybe DDL.

^ Yep. Nobody is beating Hathaway and DDL at the Oscars.

Bet365 apparently allows you to bet on film awards too, and prior to the GGs, DDL's odds were 1/80 and Hathaway's were 1/100. :lmao:

Last edited:
Just watched Les Miserables.

OK, I loved the film. Yet I do think that the film does not deserve recognition in both Directing and Writing, but it is a Best Picture film nonetheless. The Actors made the movie great.

Hugh and Anne are absolutely fantastic.

Chicago won Best Picture. I'm just saying.

Nobody is beating Hathaway and DDL at the Oscars.

Makes you wonder if Lewis ever gets bored of winning all these awards.

He's in his own little world, man. We're just outside looking in apparently.

^ Yep. Nobody is beating Hathaway and DDL at the Oscars.
I think of Hathaway more of a sure thing than DDL for some reason. It's possible for Hugh to pull the surprise, who knows. I suck at predicting winners though, so never mind me, i'm just mumbling out loud lol :oldrazz:

I most certainly wouldnt mid if DDL or Hugh won. They're certainly among my top male performances of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"