87th Annual Academy Awards (2015) - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it's never too early. :o

Oscars 2015: Early Best Picture Predictions

BIG EYES - THE WEINSTEIN CO., FALL
A Tim Burton-directed movie never has been nominated for best picture, but that could change with this drama about painter Walter Keane (Christoph Waltz) and wife Margaret (Amy Adams). Adams' performance is said to be a standout.

INHERENT VICE - WARNER BROS., TBD
Paul Thomas Anderson reteams with his The Master star Joaquin Phoenix for a 1970s-set detective drama based on a Thomas Pynchon book. Will it be too dark and artsy or just perfect for the Academy's nostalgic voters?

INTO THE WOODS - DISNEY, DEC. 25
Chicago director Rob Marshall returns with an all-star adaptation of the Tony-winning Broadway musical with Meryl Streep, Johnny Depp, Anna Kendrick, Emily Blunt and Chris Pine and songs by Stephen Sondheim.

THE IMITATION GAME - THE WEINSTEIN CO., TBD
There's a reason Harvey Weinstein plunked down $7 million for this World War II drama at Berlin. Benedict Cumberbatch plays Alan Turing, the famed cryptographer who helped crack the Nazi's Enigma Code before being prosecuted for homosexuality. He later died from cyanide poisoning -- probably suicide.

GET ON UP - UNIVERSAL, AUG. 1
The Help director Tate Taylor's follow-up is a James Brown biopic starring 42's Chadwick Boseman. Universal is betting the late-summer release date that helped Help and The Butler (and extra music cred from producer Mick Jagger) will propel this film through awards season.

GONE GIRL - 20TH CENTURY FOX, OCT. 3
Fox is betting that the same early October weekend that launched Gravity in 2013 and David Fincher's The Social Network in 2010 can work box-office and awards magic on Fincher's take on the smash Gillian Flynn novel starring Ben Affleck.

THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL - FOX SEARCHLIGHT, MARCH 7
Critics loved this Wes Anderson fantasy in Berlin -- can it score the best picture nom that eluded his last film, Moonrise Kingdom? The March release date will require voters to have long memories.

UNBROKEN - UNIVERSAL, DEC. 25
Director Angelina Jolie tackles Louis Zamperini, the Olympic runner taken prisoner by Japanese forces during WWII. It's based on the best-selling Laura Hillenbrand book and written by the Coen brothers, adding gravitas.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/oscars-2015-best-picture-predictions-683199

So everyone sees it in the new thread: Liam Hemsworth is hotter than Chris Hemworth. :o

tumblr_n22jcjFRAJ1qb6e0eo1_400.gif

was hoping for Emma or Keira but Patrica was good

I would have accepted Meryl Streep, but dammit it should've gone to Emma Stone! Stone almost blew Keaton off the screen!

Man, these are boring. All the winners of the major categories were locks already. Except Best Picture, lol. Next round, Julianne and Eddie walk up to claim their diplomas. I mean awards.

Looove Emma but I actually think her nomination is just a coattail nod. :ninja:

had no idea women didn't have equal rights. that's horrible!

When is Michael Keaton due up for his nomination?

Man, these are boring. All the winners of the major categories were locks already. Except Best Picture, lol. Next round, Julianne and Eddie walk up to claim their diplomas. I mean awards.
Exactly. :csad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back