the 89th Annual Academy Awards - Part 1

Usually with the Oscar hosts, they try to pick someone who is locally living in LA, or bicoastal. That's why it'll be hard for Colbert, Seth Myers, etc to host since they're based in NYC due to their shows, UNLESS they move the show to the east coast every so often.

Last edited:
He's done it before, and being an LA native for the past 6 years so he can do it again.

Usually with the Oscar hosts, they try to pick someone who is locally living in LA, or bicoastal. That's why it'll be hard for Colbert, Seth Myers, etc to host since they're based in NYC due to their shows, UNLESS they move the show to the east coast every so often.

Conan has never hosted the Oscars. But Letterman hosted the Oscars in the 90s and he was able to juggle that with doing his show on the east coast, even if he did a spectacularly bad job at hosting.

Oh damn, you're right. He hosted the Emmys and the MTV Movie Awards.

I have this weird feeling Amy Schumer is going to host next year. Only because they've been kinda lax with their female hosts. Ellen and Whoopi. Hathaway doesn't count since she was the straight man to Franco.

Last edited:
You know who should really host the Oscars?

tumblr_m9wa5hpZnW1rnh9pzo1_400.gif

I have this weird feeling Amy Schumer is going to host next year. Only because they've been kinda lax with their female hosts. Ellen and Whoopi. Hathaway doesn't count since she was the straight man to Franco.

Amy Schumer's five minutes of fame seem to be drawing to a close. Amy Poehler and Tina Fey would be the more likely (and better) choice of female hosts.

Wendy williams would be a good female host. She has alot of experience presenting from her 4 time emmy nominee talk show and plus she would bring the fun factor! I think she would be a great choice for a change.

The only fault that lies with Beatty is that he was indecisive. It is obvious that he clearly knew something was wrong and froze, he didn't know what to say.
When he started to pass the envelope to Dunaway I got a "do you see this?" vibe, but she was in a hurry to announce the winner.
After that it was a debacle, it shouldn't have taken more than ten seconds for someone to run out and correct the mistake, let alone wait long enough for them to go through half their acceptance speeches.
The envelope guy was probably still busy taking more backstage pics or sumthin'.

No on Conan. I like his humor but it's too out there for the Oscars.

Get Obama to do it. Watch conservatives go crazy.

Maybe James Franco will do it again.

No on Conan. I like his humor but it's too out there for the Oscars.

Get Obama to do it. Watch conservatives go crazy.

The show is long enough without Barry's pauses.

Offer Trump hosting duties in exchange for his resignation.

THAT would be a show. "Listen. Listen. Can you listen to me for a second? I'm asking you, listen... I could've f***ed Halle Berry back in '02. It's true. It's absolutely true. And she would've been better off, let me tell you. Gabriel Aubry? SAD!"

**** CONAN.

Give it to Andy Richter. Conan is a hack. Rubbing his nipple every show.

What, did Conan bang your prom date or something?

I liked Kimmel. Just have him shorten the time-eating stunts like the tour bus bit.

I think Amy Schumer would be good. The Rock also comes to mind. But I certainly wouldn't be opposed to Kimmel coming back. I thought he did a good job.

Get Jimmy Fallon to do it instead. He can have all the celebrities do a Wheel of Impressions or Wheel of Musical Impressions.

Ariana Grande can go and accept the best actress award on behalf of Jennifer Lawrence.

[YT]b7W0zSnKnW0[/YT]

That impression is scary spot on. :funny:

So who's gonna fire up the 90th Annual Academy Awards thread? We may be in for one hell of a year.

Untitled Paul Thomas Anderson Film, starring Daniel Day-Lewis
Untitled Detroit Riots Film, directed by Kathryn Bigelow
Roma, directed by Alfonso Cuaron
Darkest Hour (aka Gary Oldman's Oscar Tour), directed by Joe Wright
Dunkirk, directed by Christopher Nolan

And that's not even scratching the surface. Just think about this: if their performances live up to expectations, Daniel Day-Lewis and Gary Oldman could be nominated for a Best Actor in the same year.

Looks like the accountants who caused the screw up got the boot from next year's ceremony.

Wendy williams would be a good female host. She has alot of experience presenting from her 4 time emmy nominee talk show and plus she would bring the fun factor! I think she would be a great choice for a change.

Hard no to Wendy Williams. Why would you want a petty gossip fiend to host the primo awards show that celebrates high artist achievement?

Her style is too tacky. She's way too 'Jersey' for the damn Academy

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"