87th Annual Academy Awards (2015) - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... they actually gave it to Interstellar. :wow:

At least they threw Nolan a bone (Kinda).

Beyond the Lights is so underrated. This film and especially Gugu should've gotten way more recognition.
I was meaning to check that out. I felt like between Belle and that movie, Gugu would have had her breakout moment by now.

Transformers AOE didn't even get a nomination? Do you know how hard it is to recreate alien robots?

Glad to see Interstellar won Best SFX even though I think Apes deserved it more.

Also, wow Chloe looked pretty.

Apes should have won that easily.

Why did the most deserving special effects-laden film of the year win best special effects?

Damn it all!

Literally every other nominee with the exception of "Captain America" had more impressive visual effects than "Interstellar".

I love Interstellar, it was the better movie. But the effects in Apes were something else. The opening scene is one of the best ever put on film, and it just got better from there.

Where are these animated shorts shown at to begin with?

Can anyone make a gif of Emma Stone holding the lego Oscar?

Hopefully Interstellar can add another one with "Best Original Score."

I love Interstellar, it was the better movie. But the effects in Apes were something else. The opening scene is one of the best ever put on film, and it just got better from there.
Disagree about it being the better movie but I still love you.

Literally every other nominee with the exception of "Captain America" had more impressive visual effects than "Interstellar".
The effects in GotG and DoFP were not even close.

I was meaning to check that out. I felt like between Belle and that movie, Gugu would have had her breakout moment by now.

You should check it out ASAP. It's sooo good. You won't believe that it's the same girl who did Belle. :up: :hrt:

Guys, popcorn movies aren't going to win **** at the Oscars. This is a celebration of "real movies" remember? If your film was released during the summer then you are the enemy of cinema!

:funny:

tumblr_nk7eysuwpJ1qiavcao1_400.gif
JLO with the duck, lean and squeeze maneuver!

Damn it all!

giphy.gif

And I can't wait until there's so many comic book films coming out each year that there will be no room for any other movie and the Academy will HAVE to nominate only comic book movies!

HAHAHAHAHA!!![/evillaugh]

Awww that Lego Movie joke. :csad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"