9.09 - Pandora - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Mikelus

Intellectualis
Reaction score

The CW's Official Description:

BACK TO THE FUTURE — Tess (Cassidy Freeman) kidnaps Lois (Erica Durance) to find out where Lois went after she disappeared for weeks. Lois's memory of the future depicts a Metropolis under Zod's (Callum Blue) rule and Clark (Tom Welling) powerless under the red sun, while Chloe (Allison Mack) forms a resistance group with Oliver (Justin Hartley). After learning of these future events, Clark makes an important decision about Zod. Posted on KryptonSite. Morgan Beggs directed the episode written by Drew Landis & Julia Swift

source: Kryptonsite

Of course, there's trouble in paradise, though. As Erica Durance teased before, Lois returns from the future believing she has amnesia and has flashes of things she doesn't understand. Souders exclusively reveals to us that there's something more sinister happening, which comes to a head in the episode called "Pandora": "Episode nine will reveal what's been haunting Lois since the premiere episode and will give Clark insight to what he'll need to do this season to defeat Zod." Ruh-roh, that doesn't sound positive.

source: E!Online

Last edited:
Sounds like this will be an interesting episode.

this could be a great set-up episode for the 10th episode which may be the mid season finale (if the schedule is anything like last year's)

Hopefully it is, i would like if they do 10 episodes in the can then go on their mid season break and then return mid/late jan for 5-7 more episodes, and then the other break they some times do for seasons.

This sounds pretty great. Opening Pandora's Box, and all the 'evil' that Lois saw in the future is released?

Looking forward to finding out just what she saw in the future.

New Ask Ausiello spoiler:
Question: Can you get us some amazing new Smallville scoop? —Tyson
Ausiello: In the Nov. 20 episode, “Pandora,” we’ll see exactly what happened when Lois disappeared for three weeks — and it’ll look remarkably similar to this.

Oh man! That's... interesting... man, the season hasn't even started yet and already I can't wait to find out where Lois has been.

Sounds like where going to get a kinda of Brave New Metropolis type of episode . I can't wait to see how this episode with play out especially Clark coming to the realization on his true hidden feelings for Lois .

Last edited:
I'd be down with that. Brave New Metropolis is one of my favourite S:TAS episodes. :up:

Yea i cant wait to learn where and what she saw in that possible future. I am glad it isnt just going to be forgotten and not known.

Pandora official episode description:
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 20

"SMALLVILLE" — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET)

"Pandora" (CONTENT RATING TBD) (HDTV)

BACK TO THE FUTURE — Tess (Cassidy Freeman) kidnaps Lois (Erica Durance) to find out where Lois went after she disappeared for weeks. Lois' memory of the future depicts a Metropolis under Zod's (Callum Blue) rule and Clark (Tom Welling) powerless under the red sun, while Chloe (Allison Mack) forms a resistance group with Oliver (Justin Hartley). After learning of these future events, Clark makes an important decision about Zod. Morgan Beggs directed the episode written by Drew Landis & Julia Swift (#3X5259).

The CW's Official Description for : “Pandora”.

BACK TO THE FUTURE — Tess (Cassidy Freeman) kidnaps Lois (Erica Durance) to find out where Lois went after she disappeared for weeks. Lois' memory of the future depicts a Metropolis under Zod's (Callum Blue) rule and Clark (Tom Welling) powerless under the red sun, while Chloe (Allison Mack) forms a resistance group with Oliver (Justin Hartley). After learning of these future events, Clark makes an important decision about Zod.

Morgan Beggs directed the episode written by Drew Landis & Julia Swift .

Airs November 20, on the cw .

The CW's Official Description for : “Pandora”.

BACK TO THE FUTURE — Tess (Cassidy Freeman) kidnaps Lois (Erica Durance) to find out where Lois went after she disappeared for weeks. Lois' memory of the future depicts a Metropolis under Zod's (Callum Blue) rule and Clark (Tom Welling) powerless under the red sun, while Chloe (Allison Mack) forms a resistance group with Oliver (Justin Hartley). After learning of these future events, Clark makes an important decision about Zod.

Ah Ha I knew that tower was the source of the Red Sun in the sky .

Last edited:
damn, did that episode summary just spoil the crap out of anyone else... I mean I would have read it sooner or later... but for an official description I'm suprised.

anyhooo, so that is the purpose of the solar tower I suppose. A Zodplot to regain the powers they were expecting upon resurrection. Very interesting

...Lois' memory of the future depicts a Metropolis under Zod's (Callum Blue) rule and Clark (Tom Welling) powerless under the red sun...
Ahah!! So that's how they get around Clark's, err... issue, once again. :hehe:

"What we teased in the premiere, we have all intentions of paying off for the fans this season."
- Brian Peterson

well it still should be a good episode. and kal you posted the description again moments after i already posted it.

With Clark powerless and the image of the Blur's shirt ripped and tattered on the pole (from Lois' visions), I guess he will die along the others, Chloe, Oliver... maybe he dies on Lois' arms, I think the producers will go for it since is an AU, they couldn't do it on "Doomsday" for obvious reasons. Zod wins in the future, so Lois goes back to help Clark with the information he needs to prevent that from happening. This episode could be the best of the season, hope it delivers.

So Clark makes a decision about Zod when he finds out about the future. Alia telling Clark that he would betray them and bring about the end of 'their' world is making a little sense now. Maybe he gains their trust and then destroys the "red sun" or "their world" as she sees it. Who knows. Sounds like a great episode.

Ahah!! So that's how they get around Clark's, err... issue, once again. :hehe:

"What we teased in the premiere, we have all intentions of paying off for the fans this season."
- Brian Peterson
Exactly. :p

well their was that article saying there would be alot of deaths but they wouldnt be sticking. Now i would love if they do the death of superman iconic image of clark dying with lois holding him and all that. Cant wait to see how this one plays out. Should be a good way to close out the first half of the season.

Sounds great! I'm guessing the towers drain the sun, giving Zod and the Kandorians their powers while the lack of a yellow sun leaves Clark powerless. I hope it's an action packed episode! I hope the new writers are good, a big episode like this needs good writing!!

oh yea totally, surprising kelly/brian didnt write the episode huh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"