• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

9.22 - Salvation SEASON FINALE Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Mike22

so what if people are getting excited, they damn well have every right to after waiting 9 freaking years to see Smallville's version of the Superman suit and have them actually show it, and yes, THEY DID SHOW IT! I'm pretty sure they had every intention on one of the fans getting a zoomed in snap shot of the scene and you can see it clearly, the underwear, the belt, cape, blue tights, whole 9 yards.

What with Granny Goodness here now? You reckon there'll be an episode called "Orphanage"

Granny Goodness never looked innocent.

She's a hideous scary-looking witch as Kirby intended.

granny-goodness.jpg
275px-Grannygoodness.jpg

Yes, but this is Smallville. And there's bound to be a bit of a interpretation thing going on. If Granny becomes an active part of the season, she'll be doing what she has to, to get close to people. Even if it's the kinda thing like the finale, where she's innocently there knitting or something. Then BLAM. She's a horrible twisted image of a grandma character.

didn't Granny in the JLU put on a sweet voice or something to seem sweeter than she was.

Okay somethings been bothering me...

So the African American Kandorian...isn't that the same actor that played the guy who Lex hired to blackmail Jonathan Kent during the Senate Race? Sure does seem like him.
According to IMDB, he played "Griff" in Lexmas and Fanatic, so you are correct! Good eye, I completely forgot about that.

I have a feeling that Darksied is going to have a big helping hand in Lex's return/"resurrection."

I take it you probably meant me due to my rather lengthy post about the suit design and pictures.
The explanation is very simple. I've been drawing superman since I was 8 years old and continue to do so to this very day, I got tons of drawings of the suit and different versions of it. From day one of Smallville I've been extremely curious to see their take on it, and now that I finally got to see at least a hint of it, I could barely contain myself because it was so exiting to me. I doubt the smallville folks would put just anything up there knowing fully well that someone would take the picture apart inch by inch. It was nice seeing that their take on it is a much better version than the last movie offered us. So forgive me if you were annoyed, but I've been waiting for 9 years to see a superman suit on smallville and when I did, I felt the need to analyze and...nitpick a little. Not to mention that I really most of all just wanted to make sure that it wasn't anything like that complete and utter piece of crap suit we got in SR, which to this day annoys me just thinking it about it.

be excited all you want, that's fine. but a .0001 second reflection of an image means nothing. from a production standpoint all they wanted was something quick, and something resembling the iconic character. that's it. Don't waste time stressing about the costume. it will drive you nuts.

be excited all you want, that's fine. but a .0001 second reflection of an image means nothing. from a production standpoint all they wanted was something quick, and something resembling the iconic character. that's it. Don't waste time stressing about the costume. it will drive you nuts.
Nah, it kinda wore over after a while. But still looking forward for the final product though.

I wonder what will hinder Clark from wearing the suit next season? I mean I wasn't sure what it was this year but what with the Kandorians wearing all black I suppose it was more him using the colours of the Kryptonian council i.e. Jor-El in the Superman Movie, to sort of connect with them.

I wonder what will hinder Clark from wearing the suit next season? I mean I wasn't sure what it was this year but what with the Kandorians wearing all black I suppose it was more him using the colours of the Kryptonian council i.e. Jor-El in the Superman Movie, to sort of connect with them.
See, in the past I've not really looked forward to seeing what new reasons they come with for delaying the inevitable and keeping things status quo, but, being that A) It's likely the last season, and B) the show runners have shown us, with this past season, that they are willing to shake things up and move them forward now (Clark in a costume, gaggle of Kryptonians, Lois and Clark in a relationship, iconic teases of the inevitable future), I am really optimistically curious as to what place Clark will be in at the start of next year. Will the episode open right where Salvation left off, with Clark in free-fall? Will it open after he's already fallen, or some greater time later? What, despite the eagerness he showed in Salvation to fulfill his destiny on Earth, will delay Clark for another season?

See, in the past I've not really looked forward to seeing what new reasons they come with for delaying the inevitable and keeping things status quo, but, being that A) It's likely the last season, and B) the show runners have shown us, with this past season, that they are willing to shake things up and move them forward now (Clark in a costume, gaggle of Kryptonians, Lois and Clark in a relationship, iconic teases of the inevitable future), I am really optimistically curious as to what place Clark will be in at the start of next year. Will the episode open right where Salvation left off, with Clark in free-fall? Will it open after he's already fallen, or some greater time later? What, despite the eagerness he showed in Salvation to fulfill his destiny on Earth, will delay Clark for another season?
This being the last season, we know that it's completely out of the question to have him in the classic suit from seasons start, that is being saved for the end. And until he does, he really hasn't fulfilled his destiny. So, they'll come up with whatever reason they can to make sure he doesn't and that reason will stall him for the rest of the season. Personally I don't think that there is any doubt that they will indeed stall, with the suit anyway, which is the final payoff. Sad as it will be to see Smallville go, I am extremely curious to see how they proceed with their last season.
What ever they decide for, I hope it's well executed.

Last edited:
As I said earlier, I've a feeling they will have him wearing the blue portion of the suit (with the S on the chest) for most of the season. Then at the end maybe add the red belt & cape to complete the iconic Superman look.

Oh no doubt, but I wonder what the blue part of the suit will be, in terms of material. A blue shirt? Leather? Can't be leather. Spandex? Hardly. Tight Long sleeved shirt with a red S shield on it? Perhaps.

Would be good if Clark was out of action for a few months due to being in hospital and during that time people are missing the blur and when coming back he decides to ditch the dark colours and go a bit bright to show some hope.

I think they somehow need to use the actions of the Kandorians (destroying monuments around the globe) to show there is fear amongst the human population. News reports, protests in streets, etc. And for that reason, Clark decides to go for the brighter colours to symbolise hope.

And let's not forget also that most of the Kandorians were dressed very similarly to Clark's blur outfit. People will now associate him with the Kandorians based on how they look .......................... he needs a new brighter look to distance himself from that and not be perceived as the same threat.

This being the last season, we know that it's completely out of the question to have him in the classic suit from seasons start, that is being saved for the end. And until he does, he really hasn't fulfilled his destiny. So, they'll come up with whatever reason they can to make sure he doesn't and that reason will stall him for the rest of the season. Personally I don't think that there is any doubt that they will indeed stall, with the suit anyway, which is the final payoff. Sad as it will be to see Smallville go, I am extremely curious to see how they proceed with their last season.

Where has it been stated that this is the last season?
I mean, we're all optimistic that it is, however this is the CW we're talking about. If ratings are good, there's no doubt in my mind that they'll try and keep it going another year.

I really hope they don't try and stretch it out over another 2 season. Clark is at a place now where he's pretty much Superman in mind and body - he just needs to fly, and get the suit. I don't think there's enough fuel left in Smallville to have another 2 seasons of soul-searching and angst as he tries to work out what his destiny is.

They should follow the direction of the LOST writers and choose to end the show on their own terms ................. wrapping it up and ending it properly without overstaying it's welcome.

Where has it been stated that this is the last season?
I mean, we're all optimistic that it is, however this is the CW we're talking about. If ratings are good, there's no doubt in my mind that they'll try and keep it going another year.

Well, there's that, isn't it. I thought in season 8 the producers said that they had two seasons more of stories to tell? And HONESTLY, I don't see Welling signing up for anything beyond season 10. And I'm quite sure that's a safe bet, unless they decide to give him a *****load of money to assure him re-signing that contract. But hey, would looooove to see season 11 happening. Would be very interesting to see what they'd do. Lex and his Powersuit is one thing that comes to mind. If they can get Rosenbaum to return that is.

I think they somehow need to use the actions of the Kandorians (destroying monuments around the globe) to show there is fear amongst the human population. News reports, protests in streets, etc. And for that reason, Clark decides to go for the brighter colours to symbolise hope.

And let's not forget also that most of the Kandorians were dressed very similarly to Clark's blur outfit. People will now associate him with the Kandorians based on how they look .......................... he needs a new brighter look to distance himself from that and not be perceived as the same threat.

That's what I was thinking, I never understood why he stayed with the costume after coming back as Clark Kent anyways. It didn't really inspire hope and he wasn't in a bad mood anymore.

Would be nice if there was references to "Dark Thursday". You know, the last time Zod wreaked havoc on the planet on a worldwide scale. I'd like to see an ep in Season 10 that dealt with the Z symbols and how they're reminiscent to the symbol that was burned into a corn field.

Also, I haven't seen anyone nitpick this (since the opening teaser was so geektastic, I feel bad nitpicking it) but why did Lois' assistant say Clark was at the deli when he was still obviously at his desk?

That's exactly what I was already saying. :p

My newfound excitement is, I believe, due to the fact that it's likely the last season. Whatever happens this season could be among the most important moments in the entire series.

well with next season it would be cool if it was a sort of Superman Year One so to speak despite it sort of being Superman year 3. Have him in the costume and have him starting to establish himself be cool if Lois helped him out with disguises and excuses.

That's exactly what I was already saying. :p
I know. I had a better answer in my mind, but somewhere along the way it got lost, and just ended but being a reiteration:woot: That's what happens when posting at several places simultaneously, concentration is lost, lol.
My newfound excitement is, I believe, due to the fact that it's likely the last season. Whatever happens this season could be among the most important moments in the entire series.
Same here. Had it just been another season finale I wouldn't even have bothered posting anything about it, knowing we'd get more of the same next season, but this is different. Haven't been this exited about this show in Years.

I was just thinking if Darksied's next years villain wouldn't it be cool if he chnaged the world into Apokolips like he in the Justice League game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"