• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

9.22 - Salvation SEASON FINALE Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bigger question is... now that the Kandorian arc is over..

WHO was the voice in the Orb who coerced Tess into releasing the Kandorians to begin with?

That came out of nowhere. That entity was pretty much the cause of everything that happened.

It would be good if they tied that to Darkseid somehow, but it would be tricky.

Well, I asked them on twitter (still waiting for an answer), some of the writers' accounts (Al Septien & Turi Meyer wrote "Salvation"):

http://twitter.com/alseptien

http://twitter.com/Turimeyer

http://twitter.com/bryanQmiller

Assuming the episode wasn't entirely re-written i'd assume maybe DC would have a problem with how that character was portrayed if it were Captain Marvel. He basically went crazy with power.

If they could get captain marvel, I'd like to see them take elements from Superman/Shazam: First Thunder. That book was great.

I think Tess is likely to be a female fury, based on the finale.

I'd love to see Granny Goodness as an active villain role in the season. It would be really interesting to see an elderly character be an evil foil for the year. And would be an active dynamic that Smallville's never had before.

An innocent looking grandmother type that turns off being evil would be really unsettling, in a good way I think.

Totally they can easily have tess become a female fury and it could make for a great plotline for cassidy to do next yr if she still apart of the show. Also they could use her in case for example they couldnt use any of the actual comics female furies due to any rights issues.

As i said in the season ten thread i definately see granny being the main focused darkseid minion. Her actress i could definately see end up scoring a 7-13 episode deal. Then also i would put dasaad around to be a secondary main minion we see with around the same episode count as granny. Then the other minions like kalibak/steppenwolf would be best suited probably for 2-3 episode deals.

I just hope it all turns out good. Hopefully they will go for a full on darkseid. And i think they would. ITs all about how they want his look to be and how much of a phsyical threat they want him to be. Then on top of the budget for the season.

I thought the voice in the orb was ZOd and that was just the Smallville version of the bottle city of kandor.

Yeah, I think I remember Zod just gave her a coy look, and then we never got an answer as to who it was.

One of the best season finales ever. Loved the opening sequence even though the Superman suit (with the exception of the bigger symbol) in the Planet sequence seemed to be too "maroon" for my taste. The one we see in Clark's eyes seemed alot better in color.
Loved how Clark sacrificed himself for humanity. All I can say is Tom IS Superman. Period.
I loved that they had Granny Goodness in the end. It was awesome, they probably took the inspiration from Jeph Loeb's Superman/Batman Girl from Krypton arc.
She had a pet named Mercy in the comics so Tess may be in real trouble now.
Oliver screaming it's not the Kandorians makes me think it's the Parademons or Female Furys. We'll have to see.
After erasing the bad taste from the past 2 season finales, I hope the season premiere will erase the taste of the past 2 season premieres which were less than stellar as well.
Smallville is gonna end with a bang I'm sure ! Just hope that Warner/DC Entertainment put it through their heads that Tom Welling is this generation's Superman and he'll have to be in the new movie.
Hopefully the 2013 sequence is some kind of indication that they also think this way.

I didn't see it, so I'll see if I can guess once the DVD set comes out.

When should it be coming out? Late May-June?

Zod...I don't get all season hes wearing black and all of sudden, now wear a red shirt.
Don't you watch Star Trek? Foreshadowing! ;->

Is it me or was that talk between Clark and Ollie a "this what should have happened in SR?
The need to say goodbye to Lois and all that.
That's what immediately came to mind for me.

(re: knitting figure) I thought it was Martha or Waller, lol.
I thought it was Martha. Granny Goodness isn't a familiar figure for me.

99090282.gif
43333806.gif

31012391.gif
93873109.gif

92238836.gif
89279531.gif
Wow, these were great, especially the first one. Loved the post-punch freeze. Great pose.

More rain scenes, please, without making SV Supes too depressingly Batman-like. Some guys look like drowned rats when they get drenched; not this one.

Did anyone else notice that when Clark was falling his hair went right into the classic Superman curl? ...He also had the S curls when he rescued Lois...
Not seeing that in the fall; don't have clips of the rescue. Stills, anyone?

They don't come out that fast...try the end of August. :cwink:
yeah its always the last two weeks of august or the first two weeks of september? do you think Zod will be on the cover art this time or will it be Lois and Clark and Zod?

I could see that, Lois and Clark in the foreground, Zod in the back...

And look closely, the shield is also beveled/raised :)

Awesome gifs. That truly was one of the best Smallville fights seen yet.

Does anyone have a gif of the slow motion super-punch prior to the fight, when Clark saves Lois from Zod?

I really hope they don't try and stretch it out over another 2 season. Clark is at a place now where he's pretty much Superman in mind and body - he just needs to fly, and get the suit. I don't think there's enough fuel left in Smallville to have another 2 seasons of soul-searching and angst as he tries to work out what his destiny is.

They should follow the direction of the LOST writers and choose to end the show on their own terms ................. wrapping it up and ending it properly without overstaying it's welcome.

The main thing LOST did that I would like Smallville to do if it is their final season, is to make it like a 22 hour movie. There should be a plot line that's being followed up every episode. Every little side story should tie into the main plot in the long run.

One of the best season finales ever. Loved the opening sequence even though the Superman suit (with the exception of the bigger symbol) in the Planet sequence seemed to be too "maroon" for my taste. The one we see in Clark's eyes seemed alot better in color.
Pausing on the mass the blurs by before being under the plane is quite vividly red. I'm pretty sure it's just because of being under the plane in shadow that the red is darker.

No thank you. Smallville should take nothing from Lost.

I still prefer episodic television to the ongoing storytelling style of Lost/24/Heroes. I like having an ongoing story, but having each episode mostly stay self contained.

I only take the time to watch 2 television shows: Smallville and Eureka. Both of them follow the style I really enjoy, I would hate for them to change.

I didn't say follow the Lost story format.

I said they should follow the direction of the writers there, e.g. they decided that instead of letting Lost run on forever and degrade in quality/ratings, they set an endpoint and are working towards that. So they can wrap the story up in their own terms.

I wasn't talking about what you said, but more what Syncos was saying.

I have never been a fan of the ongoing, never ending story format of some of the shows I mentioned. I enjoy episodic the format way too much.

I wasn't talking about what you said, but more what Syncos was saying.

I have never been a fan of the ongoing, never ending story format of some of the shows I mentioned. I enjoy episodic the format way too much.

That's a good point. The format in which Smallville uses works. For sure. They most certainly don't need to be following one plot and pick up minutes after each episode.

However, every episode's plot should somehow be related to a strong overlying story, which is something Smallville is always either mediocre with or struggling with. It wasn't terrible with the Kandorians this year, but you still heard nothing about that plot for episodes at a time. And sometimes it was just a single scene with Zod doing something to remind you here's around.

If they're going to do Intergang and Darkseid. Don't hold back. Craft an entire season. Take cues from Supernatural, to be honest, and have Characters changing and having to hit certain points throughout the season. Decide what you want your story to be and use each episode's story significantly.

Yea, now that wouldn't be so bad. If they could tie the different plot threads together a little better. The Kandorian story, and Doomsday story I thought they handled well.

The Witch plot, not so much though. :p

But seriously, I do agree that they should take the show out with a bang next year.

Speaking of the end of "Salvation" ..

Why didn't Clark just toss the Blue K dagger over the edge of the building.. instead of falling intentionally with the dagger still attached to him?

Zod had backed off and if Clark had done that, they both would have ascended into the sky... instead of Clark diving towards his death.

His attempted suicide wasn't necessary.

And even if he pulled the dagger out while he was falling, he would have still ascended... but instead he does the Christ pose :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"