91st Annual Academy Awards

I think the Oscars host should be all the egg on the Academy's face this year.

At this point, I am expecting them to cut half the "In Memoriam" tribute.

Hollywood Reporter has, in the past, had anonymous voters give their opinion on different films and have been very candid as to why. It's hilarious. It's such a subjective award.

People take it way to seriously since it's a combo of what people liked; who pumped enough money, kissed enough asses, and sucked enough dicks to get people to vote the way they want; who actually watched these films to even form any kind of opinion; who stands to make money off gambling; agendas; and many other things. There's plenty of egos and money on the line.

So now Bette Midler is performing The Place Where Lost Things Go... I understand Blunt not wanting to do it live like this, but seriously? If you can't get the nominated artist, let one of the other nominees you decided to cut perform!

Wow good movie, AMPAS. I'm sure the youths who are waiting for Endgame know who Bette Midler is so yey, get them ratings :lmao:

Why isn't Emily doing the song?

She doesn't want to.

It's perfectly understandable - it's live, it's very stressful. Also why bother when one ain't winning

It's understandable Blunt not wanting to do it live in front of a huge audience when she's not really typically a professional singer. But instead of having some other random person do it instead, why not just give the spot to one of the other song nominees?

I don't remember much of Get On Up. I do remember they skirted around the issues of his spousal abuse by having James Brown break the fourth wall and stare at the camera which was somewhat odd. As if the movie is apologizing for Brown, yet I'm not sure if he actually ever did.

Straight Outta Compton, Ray, Walk the Line, What's Love Got to Do with It, Coal Miner's Daughter and Love & Mercy seem to be me very successful musical biopics in terms of quality.

So Eight Grade and Can You Ever Forgive me won the WGA, with the former not even being nominated for Original Screenplay at the Oscar.

The Screenplay categories are very interesting this year.

I can understand Spielberg's frustration, but it's too late. Now that streaming networks have been told that they can make movies on a TV budget and still get nominated for Oscars, they aren't going to go back. There's money to be made.

My view is that not every film has to be made for cinema. The theatrical experience will always be the peak of this medium, but there is a market for both.

Spielberg is old school and a pioneer which you have to respect, but it's a different time. I do agree that theatrical does carry a little more heft compared to Netflix unless you got a Cuaron or a Scorsese doing the flick.

So now Bette Midler is performing The Place Where Lost Things Go... I understand Blunt not wanting to do it live like this, but seriously? If you can't get the nominated artist, let one of the other nominees you decided to cut perform!

It's understandable Blunt not wanting to do it live in front of a huge audience when she's not really typically a professional singer. But instead of having some other random person do it instead, why not just give the spot to one of the other song nominees?

What are you talking about? All nominated songs will be performed at the Oscars.

Obviously Academy is going for star power outside of acting since they seem have to managed to piss off everyone in the industry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"