A potential RPG

Byrd Man

El Hombre Pájaro
Reaction score
I know, people say we should focus on the RPG's we have, but dammit! I'm passionate about this one. I'm not posting an app, but I want to see if I can get enough interest before I do.

The title would be DC: 1877

Naturally, DC in the old west. One of the characters I really want to play would be Barry Allen/The Flash

Barry Allen is just a lowly guard at the Central City jail in Missour. While taking the cold blooded murder Ed "Zoom" Thawne from Arizona back to Kansas. Barry was overpowered by Zoom, shot and left for dead. A group of Indians discover Barry and their chief, Ahwehota ("He Who Runs Beyond The Wind"), saves his life and then some. Calling upon the mystical forces of the acient ones, Ahwehota infused this force throughout Barry's body and restored him to life. Soon after he was nursed back to health, Barry found he could move his body at unnatural speeds, a side effect of his restoration. Upon his departure from the trive, Ahwehota gave Barry a horse that Barry soon named Jay. Throughout the long trip back to Missouri, Jay absorbed almost all of Barry's power. Only Barry's arms would move at such speeds. Returning back to Central and it's twin city Keystone and seeing it overun with corruption caused by Thawne's return to the twin cities and bandits such as Jesse James' illigetimate son James Jesse and former lawman turned crook Len Snart. Barry becomes the fastest gunslinger alive. The Flash.

Wow, that was longer than I intended, but you get the idea. You take a DC character and fit them into the old west. I had some ideas about other characters. Slade Wilson is a confederate soldier who lost an eye at Gettysburg. Batman would be a lot like Zorro. Etc..

So, let me know what you think.

I'm in as Batman (I know, I know... broken record), though I'm not putting any approval stamp on it or anything yet.

I've had ideas for this type of story for Bats for awhile, in an Elseworlds style fanfiction. Maybe this way, I can finally get in some work on it.

EDIT: My idea would basically be that, as you can imagine, Bruce Wayne's parents were murdered during a city carraige ride after an in-town play in the town of Old Gotham. Vengeful, cursing to the high heavens for the injustice in this, Wayne vowed a war on all outlaws and lawbreakers. Looking to become sheriff of Gotham, Bruce trained around the country, being taken in by everyone from thieves and smugglers to sacred tribal idians. It is here, under the indian refuge, that Bruce learned of the ancestral diety of The Bat Protector, a creature that stalks the night to wage vengeance on those who would wrongdo the tribe's ancestry. Deciding that with the sheriff title, he'd have to adhere to the laws of the town, Wayne decided to use the legend of The Bat instead to inspire fear among the town's soulless and gutless criminal lot. Adopting a dark horse and building an armor for it, Wayne forged a leather getup with a cape and cowl that both hid his identity, and cast his shadow in that of the Bats. He soon became, with the help of his houseaid Alfred, and the town's actual Sheriff, Jim Gordon... The Bat-Man, a horsebound dark crusader of justice.

His enemies would include Seline 'The Cat' Kyle, a whipmaster jewel thief; Waylon 'Croc' Jones, a muscle outlaw paired up with his half brother, 'Bane'; Eddie 'Riddle' Nashton, a bar owner and town informant that decides to use his information to blackmail the citizens in a fit of puzzles; and the worst of all, 'Mad Jack', a disfigured vigilante that uses poisons to render his victims into a permanent smile, like his is. Wayne's most trusted ally would be a navajo orphan turned personal ward to Bruce Wayne, Rich 'Robin' Grayson.

I'd totally go for it except for one thing.........

no mention of Dinah in either of those snippets.:o

:down

You FAIL!

Supes for me!

I'll edit in a backstory for him in the old west later.

Intriguing, I'm in for this one me thinks. I'm not in many DC Rp's due to lack of knowledge for most characters. But Bats and his villians I know pretty well, So Harvey or Joker for me, not decided yet. Possibly leaning more toward Harv. He would translate better in the time period. Hell, he could be Gordon's Deputy.

I shall ponder this subject.

Intriguing, I'm in for this one me thinks. I'm not in many DC Rp's due to lack of knowledge for most characters. But Bats and his villians I know pretty well, So Harvey or Joker for me, not decided yet. Possibly leaning more toward Harv. He would translate better in the time period. Hell, he could be Gordon's Deputy.

I shall ponder this subject.

Why noy have Harvey as some fancy city-slicker attorney done come to Gotham to try to clean a town that likes to be dirty.

Why noy have Harvey as some fancy city-slicker attorney done come to Gotham to try to clean a town that likes to be dirty.

Yeah. Makes more sense, I just couldnt find the words I was looking for when I posted before. I've only just woke up leave me be :oldrazz:

I'd totally go for it except for one thing.........

no mention of Dinah in either of those snippets.:o

:down

You FAIL!

My only real idea for her is that she's Star City's mistress, performing as a Saloon singer for an Ollie 'Trickshot' Queen owned Tavern, with the Black Canary being a stage gimmick. When she'd set her sights on fighting outlaws with Green Arrow, she'd join up with this universe's Justice League, which I call the Seven Of Justice, after the Maginificent Seven.

if xbl passes on supes Ill take him. If not....i call downs on WW.

My only real idea for her is that she's Star City's mistress, performing as a Saloon singer for an Ollie 'Trickshot' Queen owned Tavern, with the Black Canary being a stage gimmick. When she'd set her sights on fighting outlaws with Green Arrow, she'd join up with this universe's Justice League, which I call the Seven Of Justice, after the Maginificent Seven.

So everyones favorite ****e Catwoman get's to be the thief and Black Canary get's to be the ho...:wow: 'cause you're not bias or anything towards Batman lore. :oldrazz:

Double Fail for that..:down :down

;)

So everyones favorite ****e Catwoman get's to be the thief and Black Canary get's to be the ho... 'cause you're not bias or anything towards Batman lore.

Double Fail for that..:down :down

;)

No one said Catwoman wouldn't be a ho'. :p

And hey, it could've been worse. I could've gone with the original seven League.

:o:o:o

No one said Catwoman wouldn't be a ho'. :p

And hey, it could've been worse. I could've gone with the original seven League.

:o :o

JLAYO Original seven you mean..:o

Because before that..it just doesn't matter :cmad:

Yes, yes, Catwoman's a ****e. A filthy, dirty ****e. I get it. :o:csad:

if xbl passes on supes Ill take him. If not....i call downs on WW.

This isn't about reserving characters. I made this thread just to see what everyone's repsonse is and you all jump in here saying "I call such and such" It's not about that. I just want feedback on it, you can reserve roles if I get the app up.

That's your idea for Green Arrow?...really?

C'mon, man. Half Indian/Hal Pale-Face with a bow and a bad ass goatee is the way to go.

That's your idea for Green Arrow?...really?

C'mon, man. Half Indian/Hal Pale-Face with a bow and a bad ass goatee is the way to go.

I said very little about Ollie, there. :huh: Just that he owned a Star City tavern.

I got an awsome concept for D-stroke. If this takes, I'll pick em up. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"