The Flash The Flash season 2 episode 13 "Welcome to Earth-2"

Why do you keep making things far more ambiguous than they actually are?
The show is doing that, not me. I'm only pointing it out.
Literally every single thing we know about Zoom is associated directly with Earth-2 (E2 Wells says he created him, we first see him on Earth-2, he's been menacing Earth-2 for 2 years, he keeps sending Earth-2 metas after Barry, etc.). The simplest explanation, therefore, is that he's an Earth-2 native.
How can Harry know he created him? Was he there? Why hasn't he told them who he is? It may be simpler, but it's far more boring. It also kinda opens that question up. Harrison hasn't seemed to react to anyone really. Why are they making it such a mystery. At this point, there are few characters that would justify it taking so long to reveal his identity. I also don't know how him sending Earth-2 metas after Barry equals he's from Earth-2. I don't know why he's fixated on Earth-2 either really. His character seems to just be blank. We first see him through Jay's flashback-story though, which I'm not even sure we can trust now.

God bless you! God bless everyone!

The show is doing that, not me. I'm only pointing it out.

What the show has shown and told us is actually pretty non-ambiguous, so I don't understand why you can sit here and claim otherwise.

How can Harry know he created him? Was he there? Why hasn't he told them who he is? It may be simpler, but it's far more boring. It also kinda opens that question up. Harrison hasn't seemed to react to anyone really. Why are they making it such a mystery. At this point, there are few characters that would justify it taking so long to reveal his identity. I also don't know how him sending Earth-2 metas after Barry equals he's from Earth-2. I don't know why he's fixated on Earth-2 either really. His character seems to just be blank. We first see him through Jay's flashback-story though, which I'm not even sure we can trust now.

Aside from a few comments, there really hasn't been much evidence at all that Zoom's real identity is some big 'secret' to be revealed. If anything, there's far more evidence that he doesn't actually HAVE a 'secret identity' as such than there is that he does, at least when it comes to what's been presented on-screen.

LOVED this episode. Easily the best of the season. So many great parts.

I'm really interested to see how they are going to involve the 90s Flash into the storyline. Could he possible be an Earth-3 Flash?

It will also be interesting to see if all the easter eggs are just easter eggs or hints at what will come. How cool would it be if they went to Atlantis?!

I don't think him not being an Earth 2 native qualifies as jerking people's chains. If it's someone from Earth 1 that we actually care about, then it makes for an emotionally stronger plot point. Barry can whine all he wants about Earth 2 people still being his family, but if it's one of them, I'm not ever going to care. I haven't come to know any of these guys over a season like I have with Harry and he obviously isn't Zoom. So to me, if it's like E2 Joe or Eddie or something, that's more jerking people's chains. Because it's trying to manufacture and emotional response where one doesn't organically exist.

That's why E1 Eddie works better for me. Someone I care about who sacrificed himself to be the hero in the eyes of the woman he loved, to make a difference in history. Someone who ultimately ends up corrupted by the singularity and the speed force. That's heartbreaking for me. Some guy from E2 is just kinda like, "Oh, I'm supposed to care because he/she looks like someone else I know." That's really meh for me.

All this is if they even intend on revealing Zoom's identity. If they never do, I can live with that.

The mention of Atlantis existing on Earth-2 isn't an "easter egg"; it's expositional information about the setting.

Re: E1 Eddie being Zoom, there's been virtually zero evidence to support that idea, especially when we know that Zoom's been in existence on Earth-2 for two years (ever since the Particle Accelerator explosion)/

Last edited:
The mention of Atlantis existing on Earth-2 isn't an "easter egg"; it's expositional information about the setting.

Re: E1 Eddie being Zoom, there's been virtually zero evidence to support that idea, especially when we know that Zoom's been in existence on Earth-2 for two years (ever since the Particle Accelerator explosion)/

You're assuming that Eddie's trip through the Speed Force was a comfy A to B. We don't know how the passage of time works in that thing or what happened during his trip through it. For all we know E1 Eddie ended up on E2 as a speedster before Wells set off the particle accelerator.

So? There was zero evidence to support Thawne still being alive. If they want him to come back, they've fortunately introduced time travel and a singularity that could've done more than just open a few dimensional breaches across Central City. And I'll gladly roll with that, because it'd be tragic as all bad place.

What the show has shown and told us is actually pretty non-ambiguous, so I don't understand why you can sit here and claim otherwise.
It hasn't really shown or told us anything, in regards to Henry.
Aside from a few comments, there really hasn't been much evidence at all that Zoom's real identity is some big 'secret' to be revealed. If anything, there's far more evidence that he doesn't actually HAVE a 'secret identity' as such than there is that he does, at least when it comes to what's been presented on-screen.
That makes his character and him having his face covered pointless.

I wouldn't say "pointless", but either way, I think we'll find out his identity.

I find Earth-2 more interesting than anything on Earth-1. Surprised they showed Supergirl. Could there be a National City on Earth-2?

I'm still not expecting Supergirl to take place in Earth 2 just because Earth 2 has a very different technology level. I can't imagine all those differences would be limited to Central City.

Literally every single thing we know about Zoom is associated directly with Earth-2 (E2 Wells says he created him, we first see him on Earth-2, he's been menacing Earth-2 for 2 years, he keeps sending Earth-2 metas after Barry, etc.). The simplest explanation, therefore, is that he's an Earth-2 native.

Literally everything we knew before tonight said that Zoom stole Jay's speed.

I hope Caitlin will be able to permanently restore Jay's speed. His short scene as the Flash was my favorite part of the episode.

If Bruce, Diana, and Hal really are heroes in earth 2, I wonder why they haven't fought Zoom. I know real life reason is because the people in power don't want these characters used for Flash TV series, and instead just the films, but im curious for the in-universe explanation. Before Jay lost his powers, it was implied that he was the only hero in earth 2 that had any possibility in stopping Zoom. Most likely reason for that is Bruce, Diana, and Hal are not superheros in this world.

I think it might actually be Earth 2 Wally.
hmm actually that would be interesting . Weird, but interesting seeing that earth 2 joe died. earth 2c wally should have been closer to his dad since in earth one Wally and joe just found out about each other.

but seeing that barry's mother's alive and isn't the fixed point in time here to make sure Barry is the flash. wally should have been in family from the jump where joe raised him along with iris. besides the issue's this version of joe showed of being overly selfish and seem's to hate meta's etc.

we'll haveto see who the man inthe iron man is regardless

Originally Posted by Nathan
They should have started the entire Season with Barry stuck on Earth-2, and finding his way back to Earth-1 in the second half of the Season. Then maybe Earth-2 Joe could have survived more than 1 Episode. Doesn't sit right with me that Barry's been on Earth-2 for less than 24 hours, and already his presence got someone killed.
I had hoped that a large chunk of the season would have been set on Earth 2. Would have been a great way to use alternate versions of characters without hurting their "true" characters. It also would have been a great personal journey for Barry.
Agreed another missed opportunity.

but they chose what they chose. 24 hours wasn't enough time to search for some like jess it's an entire world barry's exploring zoom could have hidden her any way and he chose the worst way to go about it . apparently earth 2 barry will have to rescue barry.

Barry owe's earth 2 Barry alot. like a punch to the gut.

there was a way better way to explore the city and just ask for his help. oh well

Aside from the cop-out design of Deathstorm, there was nothing to dislike in this episode. There was drama and humor coming from every angle. Moreover, just when I think Jesse L. Martin can't get any more amazing, he does.

I still think Zoom might be Henry Allen from E2.

First, the shape of the head and body of Zoom seems to be a good match of Henry.
Also, there are only a few main characters from Earth 1 we haven't seen any counterparts for in E2.
If Zoom is going to have a secret "public" identity we really don't have that many names to choose from (unless his identity is a name we never heard of before which would just feel odd and it would be a missed opportunity for the writers to shock us).
So basically we have Henry and Eddie as main characters to choose from. Or perhaps the more newly introduced characters of Wally or Hunter Zolomon.

Sure, Barry of Earth-2 has a speed-dial to mum & dad. It seemed like he only used to talk to his mum though and his dad wasn't even mentined in the conversation.
It might be that E2 Barry doesn't know that his dad is Zoom. He maybe has noticed that his dad is acting strange and avoiding contact and therefore talk to his mum instead.

Harrison of E2 said Zoom was once human, but that there is not much left of that.
It seems Zoom is a speedforce junkie with a mind twisted by speed force drugs, not very much unlike those Jay used. So Zoom might have started as a good guy, but is now completely changed by the drugs and the need for more speedforce.

I am also a bit confused about Zooms plans, unless his endgame is just to get more speedfore to feed his addiction. It is not like he really needs any more speed since he is already the fastest speedster by far. If he wanted to take control over E2, he would be able to do that without breaking a sweat.

Really good episode by the way. One of the best of the series on my opinion, lots of new characters and easter eggs. Liked that E2 counterpart of the sculpture in the police station with the text "for a just society" to imply the existence of the justice society where Jay is a member. Also the speed dial names and the dimension jumping were really full of interesting easter eggs.

Last edited:
It was great ! Loved the alternate spin on all the characters - especially Iris and Caitlin.

The wonderful thing about the Flash show is that it sacrifices slavish devotion to continuity (and making sense) for making things fun ( I mean, they've totally ****ed-up time travel, which makes less sense every time it happens, but as long as the show's entertaining, who cares).

The Flash proves that an enjoyable tv show, particularly a superhero show should be about the characters first and foremost, the action second, and the storylines a distant third.

Fringe (an incredibly underrated show, that was way better than the X-Files ever was IMO) did a great job with alternate worlds, looks like Flash has taken a page out of Fringe's book.

It was great ! Loved the alternate spin on all the characters - especially Iris and Caitlin.

The wonderful thing about the Flash show is that it sacrifices slavish devotion to continuity (and making sense) for making things fun ( I mean, they've totally ****ed-up time travel, which makes less sense every time it happens, but as long as the show's entertaining, who cares).

The Flash proves that an enjoyable tv show, particularly a superhero show should be about the characters first and foremost, the action second, and the story lines a distant third.

Fringe (an incredibly underrated show, that was way better than the X-Files ever was IMO) did a great job with alternate worlds, looks like Flash has taken a page out of Fringe's book.
there was a show even more underrated over here(the hype only it seems) only it seems. it was a show called sliders
here's the link>>:http://sliders.wikia.com/wiki/Sliders_Wiki

which came before fringe and starred Jerry O'Connel as Quinn Mallory and later his brother who traveled the multiverse it even had a comic's series

I remember Sliders. That was all about multiverses. The Flash could easily have gone that route temporarily with Barry trying to get back to his own earth but getting stuck on multiple ones for a period of time. They could've had the whole Team Flash along for the ride. Of course, they couldn't do that for too long, because it would then start seeming like a rip off of Sliders.

I don't remember if they ever got home.

That was my favorite episode in the series so far.

Man, I really expected more speculation on the man in the mask at the end of the episode?
I was kinda thinking it might be Zoom's Earth 1 doppleganger.
I paused the tv on the guy and couldn't for the life of me figure out who it was.

Anybody else think he might have been using morris code?
His knocks are irregular and he continues knocking even after Barry sees him.

Anyone know Morris Code? haha

Mind-blown, still I think it's Henry Allen II
I feel like they already debunked that with the convo with his mother. She said she was going to Atlantis with Henry. Why would Zoom go on vacation with his wife if he's busy trying to kill the Flash?

Man, I really expected more speculation on the man in the mask at the end of the episode?
I was kinda thinking it might be Zoom's Earth 1 doppleganger.
I paused the tv on the guy and couldn't for the life of me figure out who it was.

Anybody else think he might have been using morris code?
His knocks are irregular and he continues knocking even after Barry sees him.

Anyone know Morris Code? haha

Is Morris Code what Morris dancers use to communicate between themselves? :o

[YT]sArAC2_ow2k[/YT]

Do you mean Morse code?

I enjoyed seeing the Earth 2 counterparts of our heroes, Iris as the tough cop was the highlight for me, it was a great chance for her to be more directly involved in a very different capacity.

I also liked seeing heel Caitlin as Killer Frost, Danielle seemed to really enjoy playing the polar opposite and how she fits in, in part 2 will be interesting.

Cisco coming face to face with his evil doppelganger was a trip! "Are you Cloud City Vader-ing me right now!?" :funny:

Zoom continues to be a terrifying threat, every scene he's in steals the show, they have really created an unstoppable aura around him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"