A remake of "The Crow" in the works?

Statham to be Eric Draven?? Are you kidding me?! He's a terrible actor!
God i hate that guy!! The only other worst choice could be Vinnie Jones...wait..Jugge...OH YEAH!!

Hollywood can't cast for s**t these days.
He has a horrible, annoying English accent, and plays the same guy in just about every role.
Good god i am so thankful for Brandon Lee's Crow now, lol!

I wouldn't mind if they took a page from sin city. What i mean by that is if they do a remake, make it almost page for page the graphic novel. Make it black and white, and the only color is blood and flashbacks. They can even add the 4 chapters' titles (death, pain, ect), with there poems written by James O'Barr. I think it could work IMO...Oh and hell No to Jason Statham.

I wouldn't mind if they took a page from sin city. What i mean by that is if they do a remake, make it almost page for page the graphic novel. Make it black and white, and the only color is blood and flashbacks. They can even add the 4 chapters' titles (death, pain, ect), with there poems written by James O'Barr. I think it could work IMO...Oh and hell No to Jason Statham.
Ya, I could go along with that type of movie. I just hope when and if they redo this they get a decent director,and budget. Yes, NO Jason Stathem,hes just todays version of Van Dam.

NO Jason Stathem,hes just todays version of Van Dam.

lol, he's not even that good.
Man, ya know. I can't even believe it is being discussed...stathem of ALL people!!

But anyway, who should play The Crow..??

Where is this Statham crap coming from? :huh:

He's great in his Transporter type roles, but he's the furthest thing from Eric as you can possibly get.

Maybe they're confused because Brandon played the role, and they're thinking it MUST be given to a martial artist. Those skills factor very little into the role; Brandon was perfect for the role because of his personality, he just also happened to be a great martial artist (even though the character utilizes very little of these skills).

Statham has none of the everyman qualities Eric needs. In the comics, he was a mechanic; in the movies, he was in a rock band. Statham is just too larger than life.

Not to mention...I would collapse into a giggle fit if they tried to put a wig on him. :o

lol, he's not even that good.
Man, ya know. I can't even believe it is being discussed...stathem of ALL people!!

But anyway, who should play The Crow..??
Well the guy I would want just died recently(Heath Ledger) just see his Joker routine,its vintage crow material.
Though I'd rather have a female crow,and I would love to see Jessica Beil as it. Just by going by her from Blade 3.
Maybe an asian crow,I would like to see the guy from Matrix:Reloaded.

Ya, I could go along with that type of movie. I just hope when and if they redo this they get a decent director,and budget. Yes, NO Jason Stathem,hes just todays version of Van Dam.

Van Damme would kick his arse. :grin:

I admit it. I love Van Damme movies.

Absolutely no need to remake the movie. The Crow was Brandon Lee's swansong and they should respect that.

Remake, remake, remake..........

I'm getting sick of the word remake.

Why all the hate for Statham?? Statham is great!

Obviously not for "The Crow", but come on...the guy is kick ass.

I don't hate Statham I just think he attaches himself to crappy roles.
I think he's just another version of VanDam in some regards. I think WAR was his best role,but lacking the final fight(least good one) w/Jet Li that all fans were wanting to see,really,really hurt my opinion of him. None to his fault he just does what hes told.
I like him in Crank,and Transporters,but the movies were soo far fetched it looks bad on him. Don't get me wrong I knew Crank was overthe top movie so I did'nt mind it,but the Transporter series was a tad dishearting with the stunts.
He just does'nt have the acting skills to pull off something like the crow,inwhich needs someone with emotions to pull it off. He just does'nt have that aura about him to pull off a role like this imo...Now if he wants to be the bad guy in a crow movie I'd go along with that.
I think I'd rather see Matt Damon or Ben Afflack be the crow before Stathem :)

I don't think he'd be good for The Crow at all, but not because of his acting ability. I think he's a great actor; as can be seen in films of his such as Lock Stock, Snatch, Revolver (even though the movie is bleh)...even Mean Machine he's good in. And Crank has to be one of my favourite movies, it's so awesome on so many levels and he is incredible in it, regardless of the movies mindless nature.

Still, even if you think he's a crappy actor, you can't say that he's not one hell of an entertainer. ;)

But anyway...yeah. He would be a really poor choice to play The Crow, but I also think remaking this movie is a horrible idea already.

This is for anyone who thinks of remaking The Crow: Back the hell off!

Ok Statham, decent action actor, but not Crow material. I think we can all agree with that & keep it moving.

Now as for the Topic itself, I say if they must do another remake...make it a woman.

Crow:A Mother's Love.....

"A woman let's say....about 2-4 months pregnant....shot and killed in a robbery attempt gone wrong, a terrorist attack, drive by, anything. Of course both mother and child don't make it....thus the Crow Brings the mother back to life to reap vengence."

As for actresses, there's plenty...depending on how old you want to make the mother.

Now I'm gonna so and safely assume that like all the other remakes, they're gonna head straight to DVD.

These are my Choices.....

Alison Sweeney

Ashley Judd

Monica Belluci

Queen Latifah (An urban take on the Crow would be interesting)

Parminder Nagra

Ok Statham, decent action actor, but not Crow material. I think we can all agree with that & keep it moving.

Now as for the Topic itself, I say if they must do another remake...make it a woman.

"A woman let's say....about 2-4 months pregnant....shot and killed in a robbery attempt gone wrong, a terrorist attack, drive by, anything. Of course both mother and child don't make it....thus the Crow Brings the mother back to life to reap vengence."

As for actresses, there's plenty...depending on how old you want to make the mother.

Now I'm gonna so and safely assume that like all the other remakes, they're gonna head straight to DVD.

Alison Sweeney

Ashley Judd

Monica Belluci

Parminder Nagra

Alison Sweeney

Ashley Judd

Monica Belluci

Parminder Nagra
The basis of that story is I think sameone used in the crow comics. Mother is pregnant and is killed in a bombing I think(been forever since ive read that comic),and she seeks revenge etc...
I would say not too Monica,though she is beautiful,not for this type of movie.I will also say no to Queen Latifah,not against an urban crow,but not her..She is a tad overweight,and she mainly does lighthearted comedies..

The basis of that story is I think sameone used in the crow comics. Mother is pregnant and is killed in a bombing I think(been forever since ive read that comic),and she seeks revenge etc...
I would say not too Monica,though she is beautiful,not for this type of movie.I will also say no to Queen Latifah,not against an urban crow,but not her..She is a tad overweight,and she mainly does lighthearted comedies..

Please go watch Set If Off, and most recently, the HBO movie Life Support.

Everything you stated in regards to Latifah, is the exact reason why I made her one of my choices. She could do for the Crow from a female persective what Ledger's Performace did for the Joker. Nobody saw Heath Ledger as being a decent joker, and from the trailer I'm sure we've all seen...he seems fantastic. Nobody would see the same coming from Latifah. Also you might want to check out a Book called Crow Shattered Lives, Broken Dreams. After reading that, you'll see that Crow's come in all shapes and sizes. I feel she could do it justice weight and all. She certainly would be able to bring the necessary emotional aspected needed for the roll.

batman_photos_murphy.jpg

I think Cillian Murphy can be a great Crow (not Eric Draven).

He kind of has the same Iggy Pop physique the O'Barr originally used as a reference. Also I thought his motions and mannerisms in Batman Begins and at the end of 28 Days Later was very Crow-like
28-days-later.jpg

So some of you agree that a "Crow" remake is a bad idea, yet support the idea of Queen Latifah as The Crow?

:huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"