First look at Destro's mask

the only good thing to look forward is Eccelston's performance

why would it? Its supposed to be a metal mask, how would the lips move?

They did in comics. And if they managed to topple down the Eiffel Tower in, like, 7 seconds, a moving metal mouth isn't that far fetched at all.

Tommy Solomon as Cobra Commander, on the other way... THAT'S far-fetched!

They did in comics. And if they managed to topple down the Eiffel Tower in, like, 7 seconds, a moving metal mouth isn't that far fetched at all.

Tommy Solomon as Cobra Commander, on the other way... THAT'S far-fetched!
His lips moved in the cartoon, too.

attachment.php
If this is from the movie, it's perfect!!

The script is sort of unclear about exactly what happens with McCullen/Destro. He ends up wearing a "mask" of nanomites. I imagine it might be a sort of second skin, which could concievably allow him to open his mouth. He also has another solid mask, one that belonged to his ancestors.

If that picture is from the film, then this film needs to have every copy buried under Giants stadium.

Calm down, that pic I posted is NOT from the film. Prolly some fan work.

The script is sort of unclear about exactly what happens with McCullen/Destro. He ends up wearing a "mask" of nanomites. I imagine it might be a sort of second skin, which could concievably allow him to open his mouth. He also has another solid mask, one that belonged to his ancestors.

I'm betting his mouth will move.

Ok.....OK...I know it's still early blah blah blah...but you know what? The thing about that dick sandwich Stephen Sommers is that to him, unfinished CG looks finished!

I mean that dude has the WORST track record with CGI...he just....can't do it....all the CG in his movies are atrocious and are just done so...cartoony and fake...its like the guys working on the CGI are in phase 2 of phase 10 and he strolls in with his balls hangin out of his pants and a propeller hat on his head drooling going "Duuuhhh..alright alright yeah that's awesome stuff gents...lets print that...." and someone is like "Uhhh St...Steven?...It's actually" and then he just wets his pants, spins his propeller hat and goes "......."...and leaves.
Brilliant.

Ok.....OK...I know it's still early blah blah blah...but you know what? The thing about that dick sandwich Stephen Sommers is that to him, unfinished CG looks finished!

I mean that dude has the WORST track record with CGI...he just....can't do it....all the CG in his movies are atrocious and are just done so...cartoony and fake...its like the guys working on the CGI are in phase 2 of phase 10 and he strolls in with his balls hangin out of his pants and a propeller hat on his head drooling going "Duuuhhh..alright alright yeah that's awesome stuff gents...lets print that...." and someone is like "Uhhh St...Steven?...It's actually" and then he just wets his pants, spins his propeller hat and goes "......."...and leaves.

I know. I remember when I saw the Mummy Returns when Arnold Vosloo's characters fell into that pit of insects at the end, that was some of the most atrocious CGI I had ever seen.

I'm betting his mouth will move.
I don't see why not. It moved in the cartoon, it moved in the comics. Hell, the only time his mouth hasn't moved was on the action figures.

GI Joe Movie Destro Mask Really Revealed?
Posted by Rene Rosa (aka Evil Adam) at 10:48AM

Many have asked just how shiny will Destro's mask be? And we've got the answer. While you may have seen what the toy looks like, and you've seen the unpolished still that was leaked a little while back, this is the presentation of Destro, mask and all, that Hasbro wants you to see. How do we know this? Well, a nice big black box of Hasbro GI Joe toys came our way today, and we noticed this bad ass image as soon as we opened it.​
We'll have more information and images from the toys inside, but we knew we had to get this out there. So for those who were worried about this movie, I don't think the way Destro looks should be in your list of fears any more. I'd say he looks pretty awesome and even managed to carry Christopher Eccleston's look through it.​

I saw that at Target the other day. Looks pretty freakin' cool IMO.

Looks cool, but that's a drawing... I don't have a lot of hope for the reality.

I actually like that alot (finally something released about this movie besides Sienna Miller's hot ass I can get behind---uuumm wait that came out wrong---or did it?)

But as it was said---I am curious to see how it looks in the real world. At least though it's finally something that doesn't make me cringe about this flick.

It's cool how the collar of his coat simulates the collar from the original comic/cartoon uniform.

The only thing I will miss now is Destro's voice from the cartoon. I still can't hear CE as him yet...maybe in the mask he will have a different voice somewhat.

Looks alright, i guess. Saw the toys at GI Joe last week.

Looks cool, but that's a drawing... I don't have a lot of hope for the reality.

Pretty much true, of course they will put a badass shiny picture to sell the toy. But if he looks even CLOSE to that in the movie, he will be awesomeness.

Can I point out...Destro has a goofy ass look to begin with. The movie outfit likely won't look cool, it'll just resemble Destro, who wasn't cool looking to begin with, you know?

If the movie Destro ends up looking like that drawing, I think that's awesome. But I won't be surprised if he ends up looking absolutely stupid. The most important aspect of his costume is the mask, so I hope they don't screw it up like they did with CC.

Then again, it's not like Destro's mask being accurate is gonna save this movie....

I feel as though I am the only person on the planet who's actually looking forward to and is excited about this movie.

If the movie Destro ends up looking like that drawing, I think that's awesome. But I won't be surprised if he ends up looking absolutely stupid.

Because his normal look isn't already absolutely stupid. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"