A remake of "The Crow" in the works?

The female Crow is a sound and poigniant place to start. Fairuza Balk would be a great choice, if she can pull off the mid-late twenties mother look and attitude. I think O'Barr said he would never allow a remake as long as he owned the rights to The Crow, he and Brandon were very good friends and he still gives much of the royalties from the movie to Lee's charitable interests.

So some of you agree that a "Crow" remake is a bad idea, yet support the idea of Queen Latifah as The Crow?

:huh:
I don't support Queen Latifah at all,just don't think she could pull it off. Im not worried it won't happen anyways...
I would'nt mind cyllian murphy or chris evans after seeing their splendid performance in Sunshine..
This remake is all talk right now anyways,so we can guess,want,wish for all we want. Im sure they will pick the flavor of the month actor when it gets/if ever made..

Please God, no. Is Hollywood that starved for ideas, really? Cheese and frickin' rice - how many remakes do we need? Aren't the ****ty spoofs like Meet The Spartans, Date Movie, Epic Movie, and the Superhero what-evers punishment enough? And who greenlights this ****? The world needs another straight to video American Pie just about as much as it needs another Broken Lizard or Lampoon travesty. Whatever happened to showing a little respect for the movie-goer? Oh yeah - MTV and the music industry...forgot they're responsible for creating a generation of ****ing idiots. Thank God I was a teen in the early-mid 90's. For every flick I love, there are 100 that suck the life out of the youth of America and our economy. ****ing bull****. And all you sad ****s that argue ******ed points about movies that no one gives a **** about? Take a philosophy course and learn how to have a reasonable conversation, for crying out sideways. Stop coming off as a turd and maybe you'd get a point or two across, even if it IS about Sam Raimi ruining the Spider-Man flicks or some other such nonsense. Go make it yourself, if you're such a great undiscovered filmmaker. Oh, what's that? You're underappreciated and no one will give your completely original and inspired world view a chance? Get off your ****ing computer and step outside - the graphics are awesome.

P.S. **** movies, **** books, **** media, and **** you. You're all servants of one another, perpetuating a never-ending cycle of gratuitous (and metaphorical) cock-sucking. You hated I Am Legend? Keep your comments to yourself idiot, lest you inspire someone to see it just to spite you. And no, I'm not defending that particular movie - you don't get to know my opinion.

Ok, it sucked.

*Edit* Sorry, I forgot to include the holier-than-thou grammar attackers. I sure hope I covered those bases for ya. Bloody sandwiches (can't wait to see who grabs on to that one). But no, you wouldn't do that when it's so obvious, would ya? Cowboy up.

P.S. Love the site! I visit it everyday, no joke.

Here. I'm posting this for the people that said "Heath" for The Crow? Before he passed..

HeathCrow.jpg

yeah, i'm new to this stuff...
:woot:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h30/Carnage2000/HeathCrow.jpg

EDIT - When i heard someone (it may be one person or a few, i can't remember) mention their 'perfect' Crow/Draven was Heath - I'll have to be honest that i thought it was a stupid idea and it's simply because Heath's Joker resembles The Crow.
Anyway i just started a rough draft of a normal Heath picture and started turning it into The Crow, and i swear to GOD he looks like a spitting image of Brandon's crow, it's actually scary!! :hehe:

I still think that Miramax destroyed the franchise by making those awful sequels. Now they want to remake the first one? Poor Brandon Lee can't get a break

EDIT - When i heard someone (it may be one person or a few, i can't remember) mention their 'perfect' Crow/Draven was Heath - I'll have to be honest that i thought it was a stupid idea and it's simply because Heath's Joker resembles The Crow.
Anyway i just started a rough draft of a normal Heath picture and started turning it into The Crow, and i swear to GOD he looks like a spitting image of Brandon's crow, it's actually scary!!

Here are the pictures i'm talking about.

~~Here is when i noticed the resembelence that Heath had to Brandon.

heathcrowtest.jpg

And the finished picture.

HeathCrow-1.jpg

But i'll agree with the people who are saying it shouldn't be made. I like The Crow as it is, it only came out in the mid 90's for crying out loud, they should just leave it.

I know some of you will think im nuts and im not too crazy about most of her music but i think Avril would make an excellent female crow.

Avril_Lavigne-eyeshadow--01.jpg

If they did a sequel with a female i'd love to see it done Battle Angel Alita style.

^^^^Shes got a goodlook for the Crow, but can she act

A very early manip of Cillian Murphy as The Crow (very early,be gentle)

i could see cilian murphy in that role . if anything they should remake crow salvation , it had a good premise.

A very early manip of Cillian Murphy as The Crow (very early,be gentle)

I was'nt a big fan of his,though he did a good job in batman begins,until I saw his performance in Sunshine. I thought he was great,along with Chirs Evans,actually the whole cast was good.
I could see cillian,chris,the asian women in sunshine,as well as the brunette(also played in 28 weeks later). I was also thinking the Latino girl from War,dont know her name..She was one of the asian taskforce members,had a small role,but she had that look about her..
Right now I'd just take comfort in knowing they were actually gonna do this..

That is what I am saying , do a remake of Crow: Salvation .

C'mon There's no point in re-making this movie, I'd rather see a good sequel before a remake!

Hit the nail right on the head - couldnt agree more.

This whole 'remake culture' really baffles me.

Sure, remake films that had a decent premise but for whatever reason turned out crap; but why the need to remake good films?

I just dont get it.

I thought the conversation had shifted to a sequel not the remake. Im certain no one wants a remake. My Cillian suggestion was for a sequel, no one can take Lees place.

I personally don't want a remake of the first one. Its a classic,and I don't want BL legacy tarnished from that role. Unfortunately,its not an untouchable movie,though I would hope it would just for the fact an actor died during the movie. There would be some respect by hollywood of not touching it justs for that reason.
There are countless graphic novels,and comics they can do a new crow movie from. I'm just dumbfounded as why they would want to remake the first one? I guess its for the fact it is a popular movie for various reasons and that has 'cash cow' written all over it..
Right now I would'nt care what actor/actress they get as long as they are gonna make another.
I guess the only flip side of remaking the orignal crow is if it does well,they will make another which i hope they do.
If they actually remake the first one, I hope like someone said is do it similar to Sin City style of filming. I would'nt mind seeing it done in B&W or grey tones to similate the comic..but NO JASON STATHEM!!

they should do a CROW crossover movie... like JASON VS CROW or like... CROW VS FREDDY or MICHAEL or PINHEAD instead of a remake, or sequel or FUTURISTIC sequel...

I dont think The Crow would be good for a crossover, a comic might be cool.Like Freddy vs Jason vs Ash

Actually a new sucessul sequel would prolly inspire interest in the character/concept which would help facilitate a crossover.

I dont think The Crow would be good for a crossover, a comic might be cool.Like Freddy vs Jason vs Ash

Actually a new sucessul sequel would prolly inspire interest in the character/concept which would help facilitate a crossover.

great ideas both;
id rather see a new GOOD flick then do the crossover with this new Crow.

there should always be a diferent crow in every movie inluding the crossover

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"