• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Inhumans ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 2

Inhumans I would say is a good example of why you can't do the Fantastic Four on TV, or at least shouldn't for right now. Even with the advances for many shows, it's still too limited.

I agree with that. As much as everyone (except me, apparently) complains about Medusa's hair, it pales in comparison to Mr. Fantastic's stretching, which has never looked good in live action. And, on a TV budget, they would use the effect twice anyway. The fact that Legends of Tomorrow can't afford to use Firestorm in every episode shows that the Human Torch is likely out (and that seems one of the easier effects to use). The Thing would probably be a guest star (who "dies" in the first five minutes) and is practical makeup effects.

On the bright side, Sue Storm would finally get the bigger role she deserves.

Freeform.

While it's no longer ABC Family, it's still very much a teen to early adult soap opera channel. CW is theoretically a bit teen as well, but tends to skew a bit older.

The oldest show on CW right now is Supernatural I think.

The oldest show on CW right now is Supernatural I think.

It will be one of three shows (alongside Grey's Anatomy and the Big Bang Theory) that will still air new episodes a million years from now even after a nuclear apocalypse.

Supernatural is on their 200th season on the air I think.

I still enjoy it because frankly it's the only goddamn show where the leads are my age.

This would have been better as a season long arc on AoS. You could still have the same beats of Maximus staging a rebellion but maybe start it with the Shield running into Black Bolt when he first appears on Earth and trying to figure out what's going on.

Imagine if Scott Buck got a promotion after this and replaces Jeph Loeb as head of Marvel TV. Josh Trank is showrunner on Moon Knight.

I agree with that. As much as everyone (except me, apparently) complains about Medusa's hair, it pales in comparison to Mr. Fantastic's stretching, which has never looked good in live action. And, on a TV budget, they would use the effect twice anyway. The fact that Legends of Tomorrow can't afford to use Firestorm in every episode shows that the Human Torch is likely out (and that seems one of the easier effects to use). The Thing would probably be a guest star (who "dies" in the first five minutes) and is practical makeup effects.

On the bright side, Sue Storm would finally get the bigger role she deserves.

While it's no longer ABC Family, it's still very much a teen to early adult soap opera channel. CW is theoretically a bit teen as well, but tends to skew a bit older.

They literally shave Medusa bald in the FIRST EPISODE! That's literally how long she had her hair powers.

Last edited:
Hence my comment about using it twice. I just wanted to be cryptic because this isn't a spoilers thread and it hasn't aired on TV yet.

I put it in tags for safety. But I mean, it was in the TV spots man. We know what happens to her hair in the preview clips.

Imagine if Scott Buck got a promotion after this and replaces Jeph Loeb as head of Marvel TV. Josh Trank is showrunner on Moon Knight.

Scott Buck is replacing Kevin Feige. He'll work his magic on the movies.

Saw it in theatres on Friday...for half price...still felt ripped off. The poster was nice...but...I really hope that Marvel Studios retcons the Inhumans and starts over.
I am a hardcore Marvel fan. This was GARBAGE. This makes all the non Marvel Studios projects look like masterpieces. Even both Ghost Rider movies were better. Elektra - lets not go there. The only thing I would keep is Lockjaw and probably Anson Mount but give him a mask next time.

ABSOL U T ELY FIRE THE COSTUMING DEPARTMENT - Couldn't stop glaring at Medusa's outfit - everytime it would appear on screen I would physically cringe - especially when she was on earth!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/am...l-drama-inhumans-underwhelms-imax-bow-1034545
Sources tell THR that the eight-episode series was produced over three months in Hawaii and underwent a number of reshoots. Among them was an estimated $100,000 to fix the visual effects for the wig worn by Swan's Medusa, who has the ability to move and control her hair the way most people use their hands and fingers. (Feature director Roel Reine, who helmed both Imax episodes, noted that the first trailer for Inhumans may have been released too early as it featured unfinished VFX, including Medusa's hair.) Meanwhile, some insiders say Lockjaw eventually disappears from the story because the production couldn't afford the continued cost to deliver the huge canine.
Hahahaha, what a mess. There is absolutely no way this had the same budget as GoT. That report of a 80-100M budget has to be inaccurate.

Last edited:
With Scott Buck we'll find that Lockjaw disappears, Medusa loses her hair, Blackbolt loses his voice, Gorgon gets his legs chopped off, Crystal decides she doesn't like changeable weather etc, just to save on the budget. Always Buck the cheapskate.

With Scott Buck we'll find that Lockjaw disappears, Medusa loses her hair, Blackbolt loses his voice, Gorgon gets his legs chopped off, Crystal decides she doesn't like changeable weather etc, just to save on the budget. Always Buck the cheapskate.

Maybe Blackbolt just decides not to speak. Just that.
You know The Buckman may do it.

While true, I think this is only because the CW is an older channel. It skews older because its viewers have themselves aged upward. They aren't intrinsically different. If you looked at the CW 10 years ago, it probably looks an awful lot like what Freeform looks like today.

( Well, maybe a little better, but that's mostly because Supernatural was at its peak, and we now know in retrospect that it was a show with legs, whereas we have no such certainty on Freeform. ;) )

Buck certainly deserves blame for how he allocated the available resources, but it's not his fault that Disney/Marvel/ABC didn't give him enough money to keep Medusa's hair and dog onscreen.

I wonder if Feige will still acknowledge that Marvel tv is connected to his MCU. Its never too late for a retcon.

I wonder if Feige will still acknowledge that Marvel tv is connected to his MCU. Its never too late for a retcon.

Has Feige ever acknowledged a connection between Marvel TV and the cinematic MCU? I thought that was strictly Loeb's deal. And that lack of connection means a retcon probably isn't required if Feige decides to recast a Defender or Inhuman for the big screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"