Inhumans ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's saying something because I don't think those shows ever look that good

Eh, they have budgetary limits, but Flash especially is good at playing within those limits to good effect. Production value isn't just raw budget, its also how well you use the budget. Figure out how to do cool things that cost relatively little, and shoot around things that would look bad. Stuff like that.

Eh, they have budgetary limits, but Flash especially is good at playing within those limits to good effect. Production value isn't just raw budget, its also how well you use the budget. Figure out how to do cool things that cost relatively little, and shoot around things that would look bad. Stuff like that.

Yep. And that's why Scott Buck is a horrible producer since he doesn't know where to cut corners and where to allocate more funds.

Incorporated
The Expanse
Defiance
Emerald City
The Shannara Chronicles
The 100
Gotham
The Exorcist
Almost Human
American Gods
Preacher
Colony
Falling Skies

would be here all day if we listed the period dramas or alt-history dramas

Inhumans currently looks on par with the Marvel TV on ABC, which is to be expected
New trailer for The Shannara Chronicles looks awesome. Another example of a tv budget delivering amazing visuals.
[YT]Yv4qxrjjQUU[/YT]

I know Marvel Studios and Marvel Entertainment had a messy separations but Disney should step in a bit and give the Marvel Entertainment guys some cash. The Marvel Animation shows all look very cheap too. Disney should shear the wealth a bit more fairly.

New trailer for The Shannara Chronicles looks awesome. Another example of a tv budget delivering amazing visuals.
[YT]Yv4qxrjjQUU[/YT]
They shoot overseas in New Zealand, so that probably helps.

*cough* Honestly, all the Arrowverse shows over on the CW have better looking production values than Inhumans, too. . .

We'll see, but I doubt we'll see anything as bad as the CG Flash they use when he's running in slow-mo sometimes.

I think the effects we've seen so far Inhumans also come off worse because of the serious tone of the show. A show that is more humorous and/or with a goofy tone can get away with special effects that are less than photo realistic, while similar effects stand out in a bad way with a series that is trying to be taken seriously.

I know Marvel Studios and Marvel Entertainment had a messy separations but Disney should step in a bit and give the Marvel Entertainment guys some cash. The Marvel Animation shows all look very cheap too. Disney should shear the wealth a bit more fairly.

:lmao:

I'll give you that. they do seem to do well with their visual effects. And quite impressive considering the budget the CW has on it.

does anyone know how much the Flash/Arrow budget compare with say DD/Iron Fist on Netflix and Agents of Shield on ABC?

[YT]Yv4qxrjjQUU[/YT]

Damn. Not too bad. Kinda makes me think of how Hercules and Xena looked 20 years ago despite being syndicated and having low budgets. The production team put the money to great use.

Marvel Entertainment doesn't need a cash infusion. It needs Ike Perlmutter to be kicked out.

Marvel Entertainment doesn't need a cash infusion. It needs Ike Perlmutter to be kicked out.

The tv division could definitely get some more funding from animation to live-action.

I think the final 10 seconds of this promo says everything you need to know about budget considerations for powers. Warning, major spoilers.

I think the final 10 seconds of this promo says everything you need to know about budget considerations for powers. Warning, major spoilers.

Wasn't her hair as strong as steel? How did they cut it?

Found something strong enough to cut through steel?

All that trailer made me think is Royal Blood must be making so much money off song royalties because their music is in everything.

All that trailer made me think is Royal Blood must be making so much money off song royalties because their music is in everything.

i was thinking they should be using that song from that british guy. what's the name "we're only human... " something like that. Be far more impactful for me.

I thought the CG in that trailer was pretty good to be honest (and we get to see more of it). The Medusa hair thing we saw in set photos, but now we know what it exactly was. Obviously, it's a tribute to the Jenkins/Lee Inhumans run from 1998, but I'm curious how far along in the eight episodes it'll be.

They need the cash man. Look how they easily got into bed with FOX for the X-men shows just to get some production credit and some extra cash. Pretty sure marvel studios were not involved in those negotiations.

LOL, that's one way to render her powerless.

"Damn you Maximus and your elemental inhibitor collar! I would be sliding around on massive ice structures, conjuring up walls of fire and lots of other cool stuff if not for your treachery!" - Crystal

They need the cash man. Look how they easily got into bed with FOX for the X-men shows just to get some production credit and some extra cash. Pretty sure marvel studios were not involved in those negotiations.

The TV negotiations took well over a year from the first rumor to the final confirmation, so I would hardly call them "easy". And the terms were never disclosed, so we have absolutely no idea what either side received.

And Ike sold the company in 2009, man. He can't authorize deals involving Disney owned characters solely to stuff his unit's petty cash drawer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"