Abomination Toy Pic

Didn't LL say that he was keeping the ears? So what if we can't see the ears on this one? They'll be in the film.

As for the look, I really like it. It's not the giant reptilian creature we know, but I can live with that. It looks really warped and disturbing, which I like. It easily could be what a ill fated gamma experiment could turn out like. Can't wait to see him on screen or we can official pic! :woot:

I can see the ears just fine in the amplified pic.

There is a chance that this is Blonski before he turns into the Abomination. Spoiler
Blonski takes the Super Serum and fights The Hulk as himself. He turns into The Abomination after Sterns gives him some of Banners blood. If I remember correctly.

There is a chance that this is Blonski before he turns into the Abomination. Spoiler
Blonski takes the Super Serum and fights The Hulk as himself. He turns into The Abomination after Sterns gives him some of Banners blood. If I remember correctly.

This definitely doesn't look like a human. And from what I can remember, the serum only makes him run faster, move faster, and punch smoother (harder, if you will). I don't remember anything said about it amplifying his appearance.

True. All I'm saying is this could be pre-Abomination. I guess what I'm really saying is I HOPE this is pre-Abomination. That thing looks more like a cross between The Thing and the Swamp Thing. Like a rock monster. BAH!

True. All I'm saying is this could be pre-Abomination. I guess what I'm really saying is I HOPE this is pre-Abomination. That thing looks more like a cross between The Thing and the Swamp Thing. Like a rock monster. BAH!

That could be because it's made out of plastic though and it's an awful quality pic.

Yeah it is a bad pix. It's also a bad design, deviation & departure for, once again, no apparent reason.

If i saw a pic of Nolans Joker in a mag, i'd still know it was The Joker even if i hadn't been following TDK updates. With this incarnation of Abomination, he shares no recognizable traits with that of the character he's based off of. Sorry but it sucks.....then again, an official pic might help.

Lol you don't need to apologize to me. As I said, earlier, I don't like other comic deviations, but for some reason do like this one. He looks very sinister to me an embodiment of evil, in fact, dare a say.... more so than his comic counter part. (Then again we'll see which one is truly the better baddie come the movie... my bet would be on the comic version.)

Hopefully an official pic will help. I was a tiny bit more tolerable to Raimi's Venom after seeing some grabs from the movie, and though he's still not my cup of tea, Nolan's Joker is much better looking than their very first released pic.

No blue speedo? I am shocked and appalled by this abitrary change from the classic design. Curse you, Hollywood executives! :cmad:

Just kidding, I think it actually looks pretty cool. Admittedly I do hope to see the ears when a better pic of the character is released. :abom: And those Hulk designs look awesome.

"Mega Clap Hulk?" He's going to do the thunderclap? *Hulkgasms*

I've not read the entire thread so I don't know if anyone's said this. The ears may be folded flat against his head. Don't some animals' ears do that when they're fighting? It'd be kind of creepy but neat if they could move and might add a dimension of expression.

I can understand why they didn't color him green. I imagine non-comics people would be confused as to who was whom in the final fight if they just saw two green masses running into each other. It would be like the end of Transformers, where you couldn't tell anyone apart really. So by having one be brown, it'll be easier to distinguish between the good guy and the bad guy.

As for the design itself, I know nothing of the Abomination, so I'm not disappointed that it looks different from the comics. But I do admit he looks very bland and generic. As others have said, sort of a Mummy mixed with Swamp Thing. But this is a blurry pic of a toy, so I'll hold final judgement until I see it in action.

"Mega Clap Hulk?" He's going to do the thunderclap? *Hulkgasms*

There's another less savory possibility that involves an evening in a bordello and the effects of a gamma enhanced host on the Gonococci bacteria.

Wow, what a SERIOUS letdown. Hopefully I'll be happier once we get a real pic, but for no this is crap.

Well, its hard to tell from toys but the Hulk is looking ok (torn -up jeans is always a good sign)

Abomination though...I agree with Norm3...From that toy the design does look far too much like LXG's Dante:

Dante.gif

Naked too...:csad::huh:

That could be because it's made out of plastic though and it's an awful quality pic.

lol....it's not that awful of quality...it was scanned at high res...gimme a break the pic was tiny to start with...I didn't have a lot to work with here....

I don't mind it. Sure, he's not green, but that's probably to make it different from Green vs. Green when they fight. I Do want the ears though.

damn hulk villains get screwed in the design department worse that bats or spidey

I don't mind it, The only think I mind is the weird rib cage. Sure it doesn't look like Abomination. But the Joker in the new batman movie doesn't look like the Joker in the comics. As for people who miss the ears. Think how goofy two big green years would look....

Sad. They just can't seem to get the villians right. Well, at least the size of him and his feet are correct. But a Gil Kane, he ain't!

It looks damn horrible.
Bare in mind that the movie might be amazing for all we know (i´m still not sold), but the Abomination is a fricking mess.
Abomination looks like Hulk (minus the feet) was in the Oven for too damn long and got burnt, hence the brown color, no hair and visible rib cage.

It´s not a bad design for a monster, but is plain awful for Abomination.

Exactly. It's like they saw pictures and figured "Yeah, **** that guy." The characterization just may be correct but his look is aaaaall wrong. And people complained about Venom and the Green Goblin. HA!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"