Days of Future Past Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past - Part 2

To me, a rape scene in an X-Men film would just feel really out of place. Even if they didn't show it and only alluded to it, it would likely come off as jolting and unnecessary.

It's a weird place we're in where rape is such a controversial topic, yet murder takes place in films all the time and no one ever bats an eye.

Ok my bad. rape should never be in any form of media because if we ignore it we can pretend it never happens. *rollseyes *

No, the point is that when the rape does appear in any form of media, it should be treated as a horrifying thing it is. Not as a way to get a character pregnant and connect the dots. Would the X-Men franchise be prepared to treat rape with the same seriousness as, say, The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo movies did?

I think rape would turn her against mutants as well! It doesn't seem likely. More likely she finds a new home among mutantkind at last, especially with other, more obvious mutants such as Azazel, and has a fling with him. She did seem pretty easy with her affections in First Class to be honest, it's no stretch for her to leap into Azazel's bed!

Ok my bad. rape should never be in any form of media because if we ignore it we can pretend it never happens. *rollseyes *

Who's saying it shouldn't be in any form of media? I believe the argument in this conversation is whether or not a scene like that belongs in the X-Men movies.

It's a weird place we're in where rape is such a controversial topic, yet murder takes place in films all the time and no one ever bats an eye.

Yeah, people actually do bat an eye at murder scenes. And there are plenty of rape scenes in movies too. Again, the question is whether a scene like that belongs in an X-Men movie.

I dont think x-men franchise should have limits at all.

Everything could be used if it tells one specific story or character's arc.

having said that, I dont think Mystique should be raped. Mystique and Azazel can have some affair, its not a hard thing to adress.

What Mystique really needs is a solid reason to hate on humans. because FC didnt show it, so Singer and Kimberg better adress it on this sequel.

if not, I dont know what are they waiting for. for the 80's? hope not.

Yeah, people actually do bat an eye at murder scenes.

Come on now, when was the last time someone described Magneto pulling that security guards blood out of his body as "awful and horrifying and has no place in a superhero movie"? Whatever the reason, it rarely carries the same weight.

And there are plenty of rape scenes in movies too.

Nobody said there wasn't. Nor is anyone trying to fill a quota here.

Again, the question is whether a scene like that belongs in an X-Men movie.

This I won't venture an answer for, except shoehorning something awful like that in there just to explain who Kurt's parent are is a pretty terrible idea. Like Chuck Austen-level terrible, coincidentally.

It is strange where you people's conversations go... I don't even see any hint that any of this is going to be in Days of Future Past.

Exactly. Plus Mystique already has relationship with Professor X, Magneto and Beast that needs to be explored. Having a baby and hooking up with Azazel would be too much, she doesn't need it just for the sake of character development and staying true to the comics. Next time, people would be suggesting that she was the foster mother of Rogue.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nightcrawler doesn't return, although they could surprise us with a brief cameo. If not, perhaps he will be a casualty of the dystopian future. Surely, some of these guys must be.

They don't even have to address Nightcrawler's status. If he's not appearing in the movie, no need to mention what happened to him.
Agreed. I am curious to see what's happened between them in the following 11 years, though.

Since we're discussing the FC cast, why is it that Jones hasn't been invited back? Magneto made such effort to bust her out of a CIA prison. She can't just be dropped.

Exactly. If they don't bring her back, the last scene of FC would just look pointless.

Last edited:
But that's predictable and completely one dimensional. The only problems mutants will ever face is discrimination? yes that should always be apparent but you need more than that imo

Then writers can give it some dimension. I never said that was the entirety of the possibilities. Only that this is what it should stem from. Hatred and bigotry.

To me, a rape scene in an X-Men film would just feel really out of place. Even if they didn't show it and only alluded to it, it would likely come off as jolting and unnecessary.

To me, it just feels so soap-opera.

Plus a mutant trying to rape Mystique doesn't make sense, like does Azazel have to rape Mystique to give birth to Nightcrawler and make her a cold-hearted person. They are on the same side, there is no flirtation going on with those two, it would be so out of nowhere to make Azazel rape Mystique just so she would give birth to Nightcawler. Thats just going too far. And how are they gonna include that in the film? How is Mystique going to fight with the Brotherhood when she's pregnant.

Come on now, when was the last time someone described Magneto pulling that security guards blood out of his body as "awful and horrifying and has no place in a superhero movie"? Whatever the reason, it rarely carries the same weight.

Agreed. People get killed all the time in movies, and that's seen as entertainment. The hero can kill a villain, and that's supposed to be fun to watch, but if the hero rapes the villain, that's evil.

Is rape bad? Of course. But so is killing, and no one seems to care.

Why must Azazel rape Mystique? Can't they just have a fling and dump Nightcrawler off because they don't think they could be good parents?

No, the point is that when the rape does appear in any form of media, it should be treated as a horrifying thing it is. Not as a way to get a character pregnant and connect the dots. Would the X-Men franchise be prepared to treat rape with the same seriousness as, say, The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo movies did?

And who's saying it wouldn't be treated in a horrifying way? I in no way would want it glamorized

That also being said its also not the only way to handle things and I've stated it as such several times. There's plenty of reasons mystique could give up a child. The concept of rape was just one of them. And i do admit its the most drastic. Id preffer azazeal to just be violent and actually scare mystique

Kinda gotta agree with this... This whole debate reminds me of the gwen stacy debate saying its mysogenist to kill her off for the sake of a story. bad things happen to good people. It happens. Just because people don't want to see it happens doesn't mean it shouldn't.

The fact bad things "shouldn't" happen is sometimes the very reason why it should for a story

To me, it just feels so soap-opera.

Plus a mutant trying to rape Mystique doesn't make sense, like does Azazel have to rape Mystique to give birth to Nightcrawler and make her a cold-hearted person. They are on the same side, there is no flirtation going on with those two, it would be so out of nowhere to make Azazel rape Mystique just so she would give birth to Nightcawler. Thats just going too far. And how are they gonna include that in the film? How is Mystique going to fight with the Brotherhood when she's pregnant.

Well the way I see it, if that's the route they'd take.... Id make it late 60s woodstock era where "free loving" and drugs were becoming all too common and possibly taken advantage of. Or simply poor decision making

I'd like to commit a DOFP on this thread all the way back to the beginning of this discussion, and "alter the future" from that point forward, so that it never exists...

:word:

I'd like to commit a DOFP on this thread all the way back to the beginning of this discussion, and "alter the future" from that point forward, so that it never exists...

:word:
his_mind-blown.gif

I hope one day the FC films focus on the 70s and 80s which are easily some of the most classic xmen eras from the comics. I think they could have alot of fun with some of the characters

Well, considering the film takes place in 1973.. ;)

I'm dying for Nightcrawler to come back. I'm sure Alan Cumming said he would love to do the role again but if he's too old for all the jumping around than Daniel Bruhl would do it really well. He's German and can give Nightcrawler that youthful vigour that makes him such a great character.

For me it was one of the most dissapointing things that we never saw Nightcrawler evolve his teleporting skills. He was excellent in the little bits we saw of him.

Dazzler in an 80s first class movie would be funny

I think you are kinda stereotyping Dazzler if you think she should only appear or be introduced in the 70s. Her solo comic-book series was released in the 80s, her look in the comics evolved since then and there's a way to use her powers in the present/modern times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"