Actors 'shot dead while filming crime movie'

Duende Verde

Superhero
Reaction score
Gun-Toting Actors Killed While Making Movie

Police in Luanda, the capital of Angola, shot and killed two actors filming a robbery scene and wounded two others, the London Daily Telegraph reported. Director Radical Ribeiro said that he had seen the police vehicle racing toward the location scene. "Suddenly it stopped and people appeared on the back and without asking any questions they started shooting at everybody at close range. I don't know how I escaped, I was just two meters away." He said that although the actors were carrying firearms, they had no ammunition, that police had been notified of the filming, and they had received permits to film in the area.​

That's really messed up.
There's no redemption for that.

The Police did that!? What the.....

Man that's f'ed up.....they just killed two people in cold blood....there should be some consequences for that....

It was a mistake, people, don't you understand?

They thought it was a real crime in progress.

It was a mistake, people, don't you understand?

They thought it was a real crime in progress.

You read the part where it says they were notified beforehand, right?

that police had been notified of the filming, and they had received permits to film in the area.

Yes, we understand it's a mistake, a really ****ed up mistake.

You read the part where it says they were notified beforehand, right?

The police department was notified. That doesn't mean every officer was told about it. It seems like mishandling on one of the desk officers to me, which created a communication error that left the shooting officers in the dark. It seems like a really really tragic error to me.

The officers then stopped firing and left without attending to the injured, who were taken to hospital, Mr Ribeiro said.

:cmad: :csad:

boy oh boy the cops going get one hell of a lawsuit

To me it seems like they just came out blazing......you would think they would point their weapons at them first and demand the actors to put their weapons down and get on the ground...obviously the actors never fired at the cops.....

To me it seems like they just came out blazing......you would think they would point their weapons at them first and demand the actors to put their weapons down and get on the ground...obviously the actors never fired at the cops.....

Its usually not police protocol to request that someone drops a gun. It takes two seconds to shoot a gun and kill a civilian while you are screaming at them to drop it. You see someone in a crowd with guns drawn, you shoot first and ask questions later. It seems bad in times like this, but it does save lives.

Note to self:

Cross "filmaking in Angola" off of to do list.

The fake gunfight was probably played out in such a way that it looked more like an assault than an average robbery. (Looking back at the info, they scripted two "officers" down.)

Why the cops felt like leaving after a major incident like that perplexes me, unless they figured out it was a movie and booked it.

Yeah, the leaving the scene thing baffles me as well. That is really disturbing.

The fake gunfight was probably played out in such a way that it looked more like an assault than an average robbery. (Looking back at the info, they scripted two "officers" down.)

Why the cops felt like leaving after a major incident like that perplexes me, unless they figured out it was a movie and booked it.

Most likely or they just hate actors

Gun-Toting Actors Killed While Making Movie

Police in Luanda, the capital of Angola, shot and killed two actors filming a robbery scene and wounded two others, the London Daily Telegraph reported. Director Radical Ribeiro said that he had seen the police vehicle racing toward the location scene. "Suddenly it stopped and people appeared on the back and without asking any questions they started shooting at everybody at close range. I don't know how I escaped, I was just two meters away." He said that although the actors were carrying firearms, they had no ammunition, that police had been notified of the filming, and they had received permits to film in the area.​

"note to self. Don't film a movie in Angola."

Its usually not police protocol to request that someone drops a gun. It takes two seconds to shoot a gun and kill a civilian while you are screaming at them to drop it. You see someone in a crowd with guns drawn, you shoot first and ask questions later. It seems bad in times like this, but it does save lives.

meh I don't really believe that.....by starting a gunfight they could be endangering more lives in the process....especially with multiple shooters....they start a gunfight they might kill one or two of them...whoever is left will start firing back....civilians in the way will get killed in the crossfire....

If they catch them out the open they don't have anywhere to go, and shooting their guns would just give the police justifyable reason to shoot back....by choosing to kill a civilian they would make their sentence life instead of 10-25, or they would be killed in the process....

By coming in shooting first, that won't save lives, it will just provoke the situation making it far more worse than it has to be.....

That stinks! Police officers should definitly get suspended or whoever comes out responsible in the ened for the of this. Who were the actors? Anyone real big? On a side note, does anyone know about a actor dying in the movie the crow? I heard from a friend that in the filming the lead actor got shot and died and they had to change the movie to fix it? Can anyone help me out here?

That stinks! Police officers should definitly get suspended or whoever comes out responsible in the ened for the of this. Who were the actors? Anyone real big? On a side note, does anyone know about a actor dying in the movie the crow? I heard from a friend that in the filming the lead actor got shot and died and they had to change the movie to fix it? Can anyone help me out here?

Heh...you must be young....you are thinking about Brandon Lee (Bruce Lee's son)...

Wiki can help you:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Crow_(film)

"...police had been notified of the filming, and they had received permits to film in the area."

Wow. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"