Guardians of the Galaxy Adam Warlock

Gr0oT

I AM GROOT
Reaction score
They've already focused on his cocoon, it's burst and he's linked to the Soul Gem.

Between now and Infinity War Thanos will acquire it.

Out of the 5 movies of Phase 3 that precede it this is the one that makes most sense to introduce it.

Guaranteed he'll show up in this movie and at least be the subplot, so who do you cast, what do you keep from comic canon and in what way do the Guardians cross paths with him?

They will probably bump into the collector again who mentions he had two gems (Aether and Warlock) but one of them escaped after the blast, Guardians are like "dafuq?" Collector explains the embodiment of the soul stone is a living being named Adam warlock, villain=Korvac/Thanos after Warlock and maybe the Aether as well in one shot, Korvac dies in final battle, Thanos gets the Aether but Warlock escapes and joins the guardians.

Adam Warlock is, for me, the most essential addition to the cast they could make for the sequel. I really hope we see him. He could even work as the villain of the film in his Magus form, tie it into the Universal Church of Truth.

.... I just hope he has a distinct personality and an updated outfit. And the gold skin look has to be finessed just right or it will look goofy. Maybe have him be mostly covered up with close-cropped hair.

I actually hope that Adam Warlock is the villain of the sequel up until the end because I can't really think of who else the villain could be in the second film. Ronan was a good choice for the first film even though the didn't quite do the character justice, but Warlock could be a good villain for the 2nd.

Cillian Murphy please!

cillian-murphy-2013-latest-photos.jpg

He's not necessarily opposed to blockbuster film franchises (The Dark Knight, Tron: Legacy). And he could definitely hold his own as the lead villain. At least as well as Ronan. But how many films would he be willing to sign on for? Hmm...

Last edited:
I still think Jude Law would be a good choice. Perhaps Ewan McGregor as well.

Hope Warlock is in for the sequel and plays a part in Infinity War.

Cillian Murphy please!

cillian-murphy-2013-latest-photos.jpg

He's not necessarily opposed to blockbuster film franchises (The Dark Knight, Tron: Legacy). And he could definitely hold his own as the lead villain. At least as well as Ronan. But how many films would he be willing to sign on for? Hmm...

OMG i actually got excited for this. I love Adam Warlock, one of my favorite characters. Murphy is dream casting. Hes my number 1 choice now. I've been trying to think who could fit him and I never would of thought of CM. WELL DONE!

Adam Warlock should not be the villian. Their are enough cosmic powered baddies and alien overlords to fill the spot.

I heard on a podcast that Gunn specifically said there won't be any Adam Warlock in the sequel, is this true?

Last edited by a moderator:
Michiel Huisman from Game Of Thrones, Orphan Black and Treme would make a good Adam Warlock.

James Gunn keeps going back and forth on everything...

What about Pedro Pascal? I feel like he could really pull off the messiah/dark messiah stuff of Warlock and Magus, and add a sense of gravitas. Also, he doesn't actually use that Spaniard accent he does from Game of Thrones, so it's not like he'd sound like a conquistador in space.

Brad Pitt. Meet Joe Black for Adam. 12 Monkeys for the Magus.

If they don't introduce Warlock in GOTG2 when would they introduce him?

Yes. Vision and Warlock have been combined.

Damn shame.

I got this vibe as well but I'd like to see your source.
All I get when I Google ****'James Gunn'+'Adam Warlock' are months old articles of him confirming that the cocoon is indeed that of Warlock.

Why put a cocoon in the film as some sort of easter egg and then show that cocoon all busted open if Warlock was never gonna be used. I haven't seen any confirmation if this. Isn't it possible Warlock could be getting a different origin?

I got this vibe as well but I'd like to see your source.
All I get when I Google ****'James Gunn'+'Adam Warlock' are months old articles of him confirming that the cocoon is indeed that of Warlock.

The source is AOU. The moment he opened his mouth it was as if Whedon transcribed as much Warlock dialogue as he could. Add to that
He lifts Mjolnir
easily after telling The Avengers "I simply am."

I'm sure Gunn will confirm soon that Warlock is out of GOTG2.

I'm still hoping
Vision
transitions into Warlock over the next few films. He can change his skin color, give himself hair and name himself Adam by the time he encounters Thanos.

Why put a cocoon in the film as some sort of easter egg and then show that cocoon all busted open if Warlock was never gonna be used. I haven't seen any confirmation if this. Isn't it possible Warlock could be getting a different origin?

Apparently Gunn did confirm the cocoon wasn't Adam.

24ymyd1.png

That was January. He recorded the commentary for GOTG in November where he still claimed it was Adam's. He probably got the call right before January that
Vision
was becoming Adam so the cocoon became nothing more than a nod to comics Warlock.

Apparently Gunn did confirm the cocoon wasn't Adam.

24ymyd1.png

That was January. He recorded the commentary for GOTG in November where he still claimed it was Adam's. He probably got the call right before January that
Vision
was becoming Adam so the cocoon became nothing more than a nod to comics Warlock.

:eek: Well color me shocked. Never seen this before. This is actually Gunn's account?

Well this sucks. Im starting to wonder if its a rights issue.

It's not a rights issue. There's no doubt Adam Warlock belongs to Marvel.

Spoilers through Age of Ultron
I'm not convinced that Vision is Adam Warlock. I can see why one would think he is, though. I suppose it depends whether one thinks the Scepter housed the Soul Gem or the Mind Gem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"