Superman Returns Addis Ababa: Easter Eggs, homages and deleted scenes

Guys as far as the running down the allley and ripping open to a white shirt scene........it seems a little like wasted time to me. And I bet if they left it in we would be complaining about it. Reason why I say that is this. He is running for a reason....the 777/shuttle is in dire need of help ASAP. Now think about it with the scene left in the way it was with the white shirt rip. He is already running to hurry up, so now he has to rip open to a white shirt......stop running and realize his mistake.....run back to the DP and go into the closet....change into the suit all while taking a peak at the family picture.....then he has to think about what he is doing and if he wants to do it for a sec...THEN he has to "Come out of the closet" with bystanders around....Then he has to run and fly out the window. Seems a little long while the 777/shuttle is flying into space huh? And yes I understand he can use superspeed for all of this...but that wouldn't work in the context of the film because it would all have to be in regular motion for us to enjoy and feel the impact of all the emotions. He would be wating valuable time while Lois is rocketing off into space.

This may have been mentioned... in the scene where Lois is leaving the hospital, one of the reporters microphones has the Brainiac isignia on it. I thought that was quite cool ... you see it a couple of times, it was white background and the insignia was orange.

hurley711 said:
Guys as far as the running down the allley and ripping open to a white shirt scene........it seems a little like wasted time to me. And I bet if they left it in we would be complaining about it. Reason why I say that is this. He is running for a reason....the 777/shuttle is in dire need of help ASAP. Now think about it with the scene left in the way it was with the white shirt rip. He is already running to hurry up, so now he has to rip open to a white shirt......stop running and realize his mistake.....run back to the DP and go into the closet....change into the suit all while taking a peak at the family picture.....then he has to think about what he is doing and if he wants to do it for a sec...THEN he has to "Come out of the closet" with bystanders around....Then he has to run and fly out the window. Seems a little long while the 777/shuttle is flying into space huh? And yes I understand he can use superspeed for all of this...but that wouldn't work in the context of the film because it would all have to be in regular motion for us to enjoy and feel the impact of all the emotions. He would be wating valuable time while Lois is rocketing off into space.

yeah, you're probably right. maybe they could insert the 'looking at the family picture' scene before he returns to Metropolis. Clark packing his bags or something.

Showtime029 said:
Not sure if there really is an advantage. I think they might have got stuck doing that if that was the case.

They did. Originally, in that scene, Clark didn't have the suit on. He was still trying to decide whether or not he wanted to be Superman again (that sub-plot was dropped in the final cut).

The original scene had him rushing back to his place and grabbing his suit before taking off to save the plane...however the producers decided that too much time would have passed between gettin the suit and saving the plane so they just cut the scene entirely.

hurley711 said:

Well, the 1978 movie had a little joke about him not being able to use the telephone booth (kiosks had taken over by then) and having to use the revolving door instead.

It was a nice nod to the original film. :up:

listen, singer is the kind of director who will add little bits/clues/hints/trivia in his movies, especially with stuff he loves like superman. Example: that guy playing the bartender was the old jimmy olsen, one of the space pilots is the owner of virgin atlantic, etc...so , if you want clues for sequels, etc, we need to look at the obscure stuff. we should try to get screen caps of martha kents scrabble board during supe's return, etc.

z21 said:
listen, singer is the kind of director who will add little bits/clues/hints/trivia in his movies, especially with stuff he loves like superman. Example: that guy playing the bartender was the old jimmy olsen, one of the space pilots is the owner of virgin atlantic, etc...so , if you want clues for sequels, etc, we need to look at the obscure stuff. we should try to get screen caps of martha kents scrabble board during supe's return, etc.

Now that you mention it, I remember seeing "Nuclear Man" spelled out on the scrabble board before it starting shaking:( :confused: :mad:

hurley711 said:
Now that you mention it, I remember seeing "Nuclear Man" spelled out on the scrabble board before it starting shaking:( :confused: :mad:

The only word I remember seeing was alienated. I'm pretty sure that's what it was. I tried looking for it again and other words during my second screening, but was too stupid, lol.

Masut said:
The only word I remember seeing was alienated. I'm pretty sure that's what it was. I tried looking for it again and other words during my second screening, but was too stupid, lol.

I also noticed "Pryor" on the board:o

oh and also, was it me or did that guy who was one of Lex's henchmen... the guy carrying the video camera... look like Non(the big dumb supervillain) from Superman 2 ?!
i think so. :D

Dope Nose said:
um, what?

He noticed Doc Oc on the scrabble board....possibly a hidden message to the villian in the next film. Doc Ock vs. Supes, it's going to be a crossover movie:supes: :spidey: :O

and maybe Richard White can reveal his true identity as Cyclops.

could be wrong, but the guy doing most of the talking at the NASA control room looked alot like the guy doing the same thing in Superman II.

SFII said:
and maybe Richard White can reveal his true identity as Cyclops.

... and that Jason is really just a mutant with super strength ;)

Wasn't Alienation one of the words on the scrabble board?

For a second I thought I saw Zod on the Scrabble board and then when I saw the board again it actually just said Zoo.:(

hammerhedd11 said:
For a second I thought I saw Zod on the Scrabble board and then when I saw the board again it actually just said Zoo.:(

yeah i thought that too. especially when the comic-con footage came out.

I just came back from Borders and after reading the "official guide" and seeing the pics in there I really think that they should re-insert the Smallville sequence.

Based on the pics in the guide, they really did cut what I think is a vital part of the movie. Basically the entire SV sequence is the ONE sequence that I think will probably satisfy all of those haters b/c it appears as if the SV sequence is entirely dedicated to the one thing SR should be more focused on--Superman's return. This part is all about Clark questioning whether or not he should suit up again...Plus it would give Martha some much apprechiated screentime.

I hate that the Kents are brushed off in the movie continuity. :down

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"