Superman Returns Addis Ababa: Easter Eggs, homages and deleted scenes

Did you read the article at the link with a few pictures yet? If i forgot any, please mention them.

Shamik said:
What's the advantage of a CGI shirt rip?

Not sure if there really is an advantage. I think they might have got stuck doing that if that was the case.

who knows. i would have loved to see him going down the alley and ripping the shirt open there instead of on the street.

oh yes, the model trainset was a great homage to the cheap special effects used in the first 2 Superman movies. :D i'm glad someone noticed that. with the earthquake and powerlines falling, and the derailing of train tracks, and even the defacing of Mt. Rushmore just like in S2. lol also, it even reminded me a little bit of Superman 4 when Superman visited some European country that was having an earthquake too. Superman 4 suck'd really bad tho. so sad. and i wouldn't be surprised if anyone even remembers what happened in that movie.

Bryan Singer is genius!

my favorite is how Superman at the end was giving the exact same speech to Jason as Jor-El(Marlon Brando) gave to little Kal-El(Superman!). the whole "you will live thru me... a son becomes a father, a father becomes a son". beautiful! :) i didn't notice it was the exact same speech, until the 2nd time i saw it.

oh, and yeah the Kryptonite in the museum was really cool becuz it was labeled with the year 1978. which is the year Superman 1 came out.

This is similar to the Daily Planet Globe/Atlas with the weight of the world on his shoulders thing, but I thought that Superman getting stabbed in his side was similar to how Christ was supposedly killed with a spear to the side while on the cross.

I only read to half-way down page 6, so don't crucify me (pun intended) if it's been mentioned before.

^ lol. yeah there was a little bit of Passion of the Christ, Titanic, and Empire Strikes Back in this movie. :D

Something I noticed...the scene where Perry is handing out assignments for his Superman Returns story is like the 'story of the century' scene when Perry is handing out assignments to the reporters about Superman's first appearance in the original movie.

"Is that a new suit?" I had to think was a reference to the reaction to the first Superman photo released online a few months ago...also reminded me of the "What would you prefer, yellow spandex?" line in X-Men.

Superman still tells Lois she shouldn't smoke.

I know it's been mentioned before...but I love that he kept in Superman's flyby smile in the final scene. :)

Also:

"Mind over muscle."

Lex says it to Lois when showing her the kryptonite. He also said it in STM when he "showed" Superman the kryptonite.

on that scrabble board, i saw the name BEN spell'd on it. and i was like "oh cool! that's his father!". but then i immediately realized "no, that's Spider-Man.". "and it's his uncle.".
so... meh.

No jerking around.
Just make a DVD of the full run movie, complete with deleted scenes, none of this bull_hit - * click for deleted scenes*:down

you know there's a little shot of Jason holding onto Richard and Lois while coming out of the water-filled ship, holding onto Superman. it looks like Jason is wearing a little orange cape, in that scene. it's kinda cool. but i think it's his vest or something.

SFII said:
on that scrabble board, i saw the name BEN spell'd on it. and i was like "oh cool! that's his father!". but then i immediately realized "no, that's Spider-Man.". "and it's his uncle.".
so... meh.
Perhaps Ben refers to Ben Hubbard.

I can't be for sure, but the radio that Martha Kent is listening to looks a lot like the one that teenaged clark had in his room during STM (when the crystals were calling to him).

Also, the wallpaper in clark's room seems to be the same.

Perry White asked Jimmy Olsen if he had anything from the birthday clown massacre...

I was happy to see that Perry White wasnt played like JJJ. When he was going to chew out lois he said to her first "First off, are you alright?"

thedarks0ldier said:
Perry White asked Jimmy Olsen if he had anything from the birthday clown massacre...

Was that a Joker refernece?

Being an X-men fan, I noticed in the airplane scene where the pilots are the voice "Warning, warning!" was the exact same voice in X-men 2 when they are in the jet getting away from the missile. Right before Storm creates tornadoes.

This scene was better off cut because Clark will already know why Lois won the Pullitzer for this article at the Daily Planet.

srdel05.jpg

Everyone should keep in mind that Singer has gone on record saying that there will be no "Director's Cut" DVD, because to him, the theatrical cut WAS the "Director's Cut". There'll probably be deleted scenes on the DVD, but seperate from the feature. Singer's happy with the current cut of the film.

buddha1822 said:
I apologize for not wanting to read all 7 pages to see if these are in here... but I noticed 2 new ones today:

the train set, after it's destroyed, shows a quick clip of a "sign" in the set that fell over in the destruction. It said "Smallville", referencing the small people (but yea, the show lol).

That train set is loaded with references from several films; from STM to "The Usual Suspects".

Check out Singer's video blog on bluetights.net. They go through a bunch of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"