Advice and Relationships Again: A Hypester's Tale

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're probably two of my closest friends since we were all part of the same theater club last semester. Her boyfriend is actually the one who cast me as the lead in the show he directed a few months ago, so I think for that, I'm closer to him and would most likely hang out with him more, but his girlfriend wouldn't really mind since I'd only see her at school and I graduated so I won't be around as much unless its for a club event or something.

But they did break up yesterday. Talking to her afterward, it didn't seem like she wanted to but felt like she had to. Things don't seem like they're going to be too awkward based on how she said she still wanted to be friends, but let's see how things go once the summer ends and everyone has to see each other at school.

I guess you'll see once each of them is with someone else, if you'll still be around as a friend.

I found dressing in more fashionable clothing really helps. I went for more expensive labels and I like what I'm getting so far. It's all more athletic fit, which is what looks good on me. Yeah so I'd highly recommend revisiting wardrobe choices.

Clothes make the man as the saying goes. While going for more expensive brands helps, you just have to find the right style and fit for you. You don't have to break the bank, there's a lot of good quality, fashionable clothing brands out there.

"More fashionable" doesn't necessarily help. I wouldn't be able to tell a designer piece from a line from Target.

But fit matters, especially for guys. My fiance had his suit tailored slim (which to be fair, is the trend now if you can pull it off) and he looked like a million bucks. His previous suits weren't tailored and he looked like a little boy wearing his dad's clothes. Know what will look good on your body type, and go for that.

Women have an easier and harder time, depending on the guy they're trying to attract. :funny:

"More fashionable" doesn't necessarily help. I wouldn't be able to tell a designer piece from a line from Target.

But fit matters, especially for guys. My fiance had his suit tailored slim (which to be fair, is the trend now if you can pull it off) and he looked like a million bucks. His previous suits weren't tailored and he looked like a little boy wearing his dad's clothes. Know what will look good on your body type, and go for that.

Women have an easier and harder time, depending on the guy they're trying to attract. :funny:

:up:

Seriously, those guys who don't have the bodies to rock skin tight clothing but still do anyway. There's nothing more embarrassing than seeing a big fat guy have his rolls overflowing in skinny jeans.

Seriously, those guys who don't have the bodies to rock skin tight clothing but still do anyway. There's nothing more embarrassing than seeing a big fat guy have his rolls overflowing in skinny jeans.
I don't get how skinny jeans are in any way comfortable. I'm probably the type built for skinny jeans and I don't want to wear them! I can't even imagine for guys! Isn't anyone thinking of the nads????

I don't get how skinny jeans are in any way comfortable. I'm probably the type built for skinny jeans and I don't want to wear them! I can't even imagine for guys! Isn't anyone thinking of the nads????

I tried some on one time and yeah, that **** is terrible. I know I have this hipster rep for some reason but I can't deal with that. I like straight fit jeans though.

I tried some on one time and yeah, that **** is terrible. I know I have this hipster rep for some reason but I can't deal with that. I like straight fit jeans though.
You know what's hilarious? I'm built like a 12-year-old boy and curvy women's jeans fit me most comfortably. :lmao:

You're responsible for the new title, kids. :o
:argh:

i saw someone post on fb the other day something along the lines of 'a man in a nice suit is for women as a woman in lingerie is for guys'

i think i kinda agree with that. i love seeing a guy in a nice button up and slacks

as for designer labels, i don't feel like you have to buy a 100 dollar shirt to look good. but if it makes you feel good, then by all means more power to you.

i just hate seeing guys wearing clothes 5 sizes too big and girls wearing stuff 5 sizes too small

Yeah, I bought some skinny jeans and I look real good in them, although I tend to stay that hair above "skinny" with most of the pants I wear. Prefer straight cut, and honestly, skinny isn't that much skinnier than straight cut jeans/pants.

I don't think it's so much the label, as how it all looks together. I think, what I find, what I've been doing is mixing and matching brands and items. Like I've been doing a lot of American Eagle for the basics, then on like a "going out" shirt I'll actually buy something that's a high end label...but I'd avoid wearing something like that for like, an every day thing.

I thought I'd never try Express, but currently I have two polos and one shirt from them, and I like it.

I also thought I'd completely avoid Tommy Hilfiger, and I've bought two things I think look really good from them.

But, I, like you, am skeptical anyone who isn't into fashion just recognizes the brand. I don't think they do. I think they recognize the fit, but they also recognize whether there is a logic to what you're wearing or whether it's just a hodge-podge of nonsense. That's actually what I like about my AE stuff, it's very basic, and good basic colors, so I can throw it with a lot of more expensive stuff.

My white T-Shirts come from Wal-Mart :D I'm not doing any designer lounging clothes/underwear. That seems kind of stupid to me.
Clothes make the man as the saying goes. While going for more expensive brands helps, you just have to find the right style and fit for you. You don't have to break the bank, there's a lot of good quality, fashionable clothing brands out there.
I wanted to keep it casual, and avoid too much overt flashiness. Although I may get a few of the over-the-top Nike training gear with "ALL DAMN DAY" on it, because I think I'd like training in something like that:oldrazz:.

I wanted overstated but casual. Something I could dress up and dress down easily. I also am striving to make it so when winter comes around I can just swap in a few long sleeve shirts and be able to use a lot of the same stuff. Keeping the colors relatively light right now during summer.

A lot of the women I've been talking to, even before I started this endeavor -- have been very fashionable. So it's definitely a response to that. I realized if I'm seriously going to be hanging around these women like I have been I need to look more the part. It's funny how you never truly realize how poorly you were dressing until you start dressing better. My roommates made a few comments over the years, I just never really looked at it that way.

My roommates are both DJs and we definitely have a better time now that I'm got this more approachable appearance. I'm still making sure it stays my own.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm going to get this title changed.

i saw someone post on fb the other day something along the lines of 'a man in a nice suit is for women as a woman in lingerie is for guys'

Yeah, I agree with that. Especially if you're not used to seeing them in one. If you're boyfriends usually in a hoodie and jeans with ruffled up hair and dirt marks on his face, seeing him in a suit is incredibly hot.

Most of the shirts I have honestly do not go with skinny jeans. I own a pair, and I've thought about getting another color, but honestly I don't need them in that cut because any shirt that works with skinny jeans works fine with straight cut jeans. Skinny jeans are just so skinny in their appearance you almost need a spandex shirt on or it looks weird. Like you're wearing spandex pants and a baggy shirt. Looks real off.

So, my girlfriend bought me a pair of skinny jeans and I refused to wear them. She started rubbing on them while in backseat of my leather upholstered car and there were 10 other people in the car. It was a smart car yet it couldn't even graduate high school. I was standing outside the car while the skinny jeans rubbing action was going on, so I saw everything. When they got out of the car, the skinny jeans gave me a look that came across like, "I'm going to bang this chick because she rubbed me the right way... hopefully while she's sleeping". I was not happy at all with this so I started wearing really baggy clothing in protest. I asked Erzengel to cheer me up, she showed me her chest and all was well with the world.

Anyone who wears those things is mostly nuts.

Yes, there are two ways to read the above sentence, and only one of them is right.

Since I married Jason, I've had to seriously help him upgrade his wardrobe. I was pretty hands-off in that department while we were dating. He's basically a jeans and wife-beater guy when he's not at the precinct but we go out a lot and that's not always flying. However, neither of us will ever be in skinny jeans. Neither of us could get one thigh in those things--let alone anything else. :p

Most of the shirts I have honestly do not go with skinny jeans. I own a pair, and I've thought about getting another color, but honestly I don't need them in that cut because any shirt that works with skinny jeans works fine with straight cut jeans. Skinny jeans are just so skinny in their appearance you almost need a spandex shirt on or it looks weird. Like you're wearing spandex pants and a baggy shirt. Looks real off.

YES! If you wear tight jeans, you gotta wear the right top. Then you end up looking like Hey Arnold where people think you're wearing a dress.

Sometimes you feel like a nut.

YES! If you wear tight jeans, you gotta wear the right top. Then you end up looking like Hey Arnold where people think you're wearing a dress.
Yeah, lol, unless it's from like, Express, it looks *off* with my skinny jeans. Frankly, I bought those before going exclusively straight fit and kind of on a whim, and frankly, all the shirts go with the straight fit, so I just feel like other than adding another color there is no real point in having any other pairs of them.

Fashion > comfort.

I wear skinny jeans. I also have a pair of shoes that kill my feet when I wear them but that look damn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"