Batman Begins Best Origin Movie ever ?

Discussion in 'Batman Begins' started by Micromind, Nov 24, 2011.

?

The Best Super hero Origin Movie ?

1. Batman Begins

2. Captain America

3. Iron Man

4. Spider Man

5. Superman The Movie

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

I feel the same way that Begins is often overlooked (how is that possible?) in terms of its influence and the favour it curried from many a critic. Directors later pointed to Batman Begins as the template to follow. Here's a great article on how influential Batman Begins was and continues to be.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottm...e-comic-book-movie-10-years-ago/#8af28cf556c6

I would say that both Batman Begins and the Dark Knight were very influential films of their time in different ways.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  2. Mandon Knight

Mandon Knight Always a slacker....

No, Superman (1978) is IMO. Begins, a close tied second with Raimi's Spider-man for me.

3. Brutikus

Brutikus Peace Through Tyranny

Batman Begins

4. Matleo

Matleo Well-Known Member

Weird that they didn't used that Bat calling device in next movies.
    That really could be used in future... imagine battman hiding and flying in a hord of bats when atacking or coming near a oponent?

5. Milk Tray Guy

Milk Tray Guy 70s Man of Action

I thought that, but then Nolan went a bit more grounded with TDK/TDKR (relatively speaking!) so maybe he thought the 'Bat-summoner' was just a bit too 'out there' for those stories. It was one of my favourite parts of BB though.

6. Boom

Boom I got nothin'

Still wish the third act was a bit tighter and less on-the-nose, but otherwise I find myself enjoying this movie more and more in recent years.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  7. wampa1

wampa1 Well-Known Member

It's not my favourite Batman film but it's the best Nolan bat-flick. I think they did a great job with the origin and it's definitely up there but I think they went a bit overboard. There's literally a scene of Bruce and Alfred ordering cowls over the internet. Never in a million years have I ever wondered or even wanted to know where he gets cowls from. He's Batman; he just has them.

I also don't like some of the deviations from the comic book origin. I always felt it was important that Bruce was watching Zorro (a masked hero) on the night his parents were murdered. Some random opera kinda misses the point.

Also also I think it's easier to present an origin movie for Batman that is palatable for the GA than it is for some of the wackier heroes out there. Convincing audiences to swallow an Ant-Man or Guardians of the Galaxy movie is a much tougher sell than a guy in a suit punching people.