After Nolan's BATMAN trilogy... - Part 1

I don't know if this is true, but I heard that the reason the fights were edited with all the quick cuts in Batman Begins is because the actual choreography with the fighting in the batsuit did not look good at all.

Even if that's the case, the initial Batman fight in BB still turned that weakness into a strength. "Batman attack as horror movie" is perfectly valid, both as a concept and in its specific usage in the plot.

I don't know if this is true, but I heard that the reason the fights were edited with all the quick cuts in Batman Begins is because the actual choreography with the fighting in the batsuit did not look good at all.

The docks fight was deliberate made that way, because the audience was supposed to be in the shoes of Falcone’s goons.

Keysi fighting style actually looks very cool, if done well.

Overall, Nolan did not do a good job at fight choreography on screen across the trilogy, but then, it wasn’t something he cared much about anyway. Novody’s perfect.

The docks fight was deliberate made that way, because the audience was supposed to be in the shoes of Falcone’s goons.

Keysi fighting style actually looks very cool, if done well.

Overall, Nolan did not do a good job at fight choreography on screen across the trilogy, but then, it wasn’t something he cared much about anyway. Novody’s perfect.

Yeah, i think it was in one of the making of videos were they explained that they did the quick cuts to show it from the goons perspective and make batman look like a animal that attacks his prey so fast etc.
Its a cool idea, but for my taste it was done too fast and clunky.

Keysi has some nice movements yeah, but i think for it to work nolan was the wrong one.
If he would have shot the fight scenes in a john wick style or so it would have worked.

Like every director etc, Nolan has his strengths and weaknesses.
That is nothing bad, everybody has them.
Nolans focus simply was on something that he felt was more important.
The overall action of the Nolan trilogy is good, even if the hand to hand combat scenes are not good.

Yeah, i think it was in one of the making of videos were they explained that they did the quick cuts to show it from the goons perspective and make batman look like a animal that attacks his prey so fast etc.
Its a cool idea, but for my taste it was done too fast and clunky.

Keysi has some nice movements yeah, but i think for it to work nolan was the wrong one.
That was my thinking as well. The dock fight had an AMAZING build to it with Bats taking out the gang almost slasher style. But when he drops in and featherdusts the gang into submission, it really sucked the energy out of the scene for me. A fight scene doesn't have to be confusing to be exciting.

I'n Not saying Nolan isn't a legendary filmmaker.
He is very good.
BUt I think even some directors would say, certain stories or effects,etc. are not their strong points.
Every director, even legendary ones, have some weaknesses.
I think Nolan's weakness is filming fight scenes is all.

That was my thinking as well. The dock fight had an AMAZING build to it with Bats taking out the gang almost slasher style. But when he drops in and featherdusts the gang into submission, it really sucked the energy out of the scene for me. A fight scene doesn't have to be confusing to be exciting.

In that scene it worked pretty well. It is the way a Bat-Attack looks and feels to the bystanders. Doesn't mean that other fights shouldn't then be clearer for the audience to understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"