Shazam!!! - Part 1

Owain Yeoman as Captain Marvel would be awesome too.
1_OwainYeoman_marv.jpg

Anyway, I was working on a Shazam Fancast and this is the thing I wanted to run past you guys-

2_malkovich_shazam.jpg

as Shazam the Wizard?

I know he usually plays more, lets just say, anti-hero personalities in his films, but he's a good enough actor to pull this off?

PS: Already have someone for Sivana, in case that's the suggestion coming.

Last edited:
why no? I think based on fancasting Owain Yeoman could make an amazing Big Red Cheese.

Oh I wasn't saying "no" to that, although he does look like he'd transform children, too.

If John Malkovich, I could understand the "no" :p

I know the Malkovich pick is iffy. That's why I was interested in knowing what you people think in the first place.

Any alternatives? I was thinking Terence Stamp making his DC return?

Last edited:
like it was said on the other page

benjamin walker would make a great shazam!!!

I know the Malkovich pick is iffy. That's why I was interested in knowing what you people think in the first place.

Any alternatives? I was thinking Terence Stamp making his DC return?

I mean, the Wizard is an inactive character so you're really casting for voice and presence.

Malkovich's voice isn't commanding or soothing.

I guess someone like Guy Pearce would make a good Wizard. Just don't using the make-up from Prometheus(ugh).

Someone with classical experience and a ton of presence would be needed for Shazam. We're talking someone with more presence than Liam Neeson.

I can't think of anyone offhand. Probably a much older actor.

Long time ago, someone suggested Leonard Nimoy. He would make an amazing Shazam!

Who should be the villain for this film? Dr. Sivana is Captain Marvel arch nemesis from the comics, but I'm not sure how he would provide a physical threat to Captain Marvel. Black Adam is pretty powerful and interesting, but you may want to save him for a sequel.

The Power of Shazam graphic novel (1994) should be the way to go, IMO. Black Adam is probably even more famous than Captain Marvel. He should be there from the start.

I am seriously moving towards Terence Stamp right now. He won't be a bad Shazam, would he?

Who should be the villain for this film? Dr. Sivana is Captain Marvel arch nemesis from the comics, but I'm not sure how he would provide a physical threat to Captain Marvel. Black Adam is pretty powerful and interesting, but you may want to save him for a sequel.

At these point there are three kinds of origin stories/trilogy outlines

Major villain in the first(Superman)-minor villain in the first(hold off on the major Iron Man/Bats)-and recurring(X-Men)

Sivana could work as a recurring villain that sets plots that Capt has to avoid, but Black Adam is the only real physical challenge that I know of.

Plus once you introduce Mary, things get way more complicated as to how you show violence.

Why not just use Dr. Sivana and Black Adam in one film?

Why not just use Dr. Sivana and Black Adam in one film?

Cause he doesn't have any other awesome villains except Mr. Mind.

I know the thing is to plan trilogies with dangling plot threads but I think Capt should be single stand alone movies. The kid is going to look older after two films so recasting will be more pronounced unless they just let him age like Harry Potter.

Or just CGI the franchise.

Last edited:
Hahaha because he played Merlin?! Love your sig by the way lol

I don't think Shazam is one of those franchises where you can afford not to bring the best you have.

If there were to be multiple Shazam films, it would make perfect sense for Sivana and even Black Adam to have a role in all of them.

If there were to be multiple Shazam films, it would make perfect sense for Sivana and even Black Adam to have a role in all of them.

But why? Because they're the best or because they're the only villains he has that wouldn't have to be totally reinvented?

This shouldn't be like the Mummy or Tintin. Standalone stories where it's just talking leading to the next set piece.

But why? Because they're the best or because they're the only villains he has that wouldn't have to be totally reinvented?

Both. They're both just integral to his mythology.

You wouldn't have to use them in all three films, of say, a trilogy, but they should at least show up more than once.

Especially in the case of Black Adam, the potential to use him several different ways exists. Villain, ally, dictator, etc.

And Mr. Mind is a must.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"