Shazam!!! - Part 1

I think Shazam should be to Harry Potter what Superman is to Batman. If that makes sense.

I disagree, I think a Shazam movie should be somewhat brighter. It almost has to be, it has a kid hero. Kid hero + dark grittiness is a bad combination.

How much brighter do you want the film to be? If it gets anymore bright it be like Batman & Robin.

How much brighter do you want the film to be? If it gets anymore bright it be like Batman & Robin.

I think you're getting "bright" confused with "poorly made."

Also, Batman & Robin had Alfred suffering from a fatal disease and a man who will die if his body temperature gets too high trying to find a cure for the wife he froze alive. It's not bright stuff, it's kinda dark. It's just executed poorly.

I think you're getting "bright" confused with "poorly made."

Also, Batman & Robin had Alfred suffering from a fatal disease and a man who will die if his body temperature gets too high trying to find a cure for the wife he froze alive. It's not bright stuff, it's kinda dark. It's just executed poorly.

I like the Ironman tone for a Shazam film.

I always wonder who will play Mentor, and if the Shazam winnebago will be in the movie.

That character was really a renamed Dudley Batson. I might get William Shatner. If you need to go younger, Tom Selleck.

Butt ugly. I really hope this isn't the corporate synergy angle at work. All that lightning crackle reminds me of GL movie.

Butt ugly. I really hope this isn't the corporate synergy angle at work. All that lightning crackle reminds me of GL movie.

this looks bad...

this looks HEROES REBORN bad...

waaaaaaitaminnute...HEROES REBORN.

NEW 52 YOU ARE NOT SLICK! They are going to go back, just watch...

Marvel hedged its bets and only Reborn a portion of their setting. DC had no such sense. We'll see if they have the sense to Return it a year in. . .

I like the idea of Shazam because it's essentially Big retold as a super hero film. So, to me, you need to cast an actor who can be childlike and innocent, but believably heroic. Tom Hanks with muscle tone, really.

So, if you ask me, there's no better choice than John Krasinski (The Office, Leatherheads, Away We Go). He's 6'3. Charming, funny, with an innocent everyman quality. He could easily capture the innocent enthusiasm of a kid who has just turned into an adult super hero.

Put him up against someone like The Rock, and while we can tell he's physically outmatched, it's his heart that makes him a hero.

john-krasinski-image.jpg

Ryan McPartlin

or

Teddy Sears

Last edited:
You know, the kid from Modern Family might make a cool Billy Batson.

I like the idea of Shazam because it's essentially Big retold as a super hero film. So, to me, you need to cast an actor who can be childlike and innocent, but believably heroic. Tom Hanks with muscle tone, really.

So, if you ask me, there's no better choice than John Krasinski (The Office, Leatherheads, Away We Go). He's 6'3. Charming, funny, with an innocent everyman quality. He could easily capture the innocent enthusiasm of a kid who has just turned into an adult super hero.

Put him up against someone like The Rock, and while we can tell he's physically outmatched, it's his heart that makes him a hero.

john-krasinski-image.jpg

Nice :) I can actually see that :up: :up:

With Shazam being a more light-hearted superhero adventure, I got an idea for the male lead.
Brendan Fraser. He works very well in lighter adventure films, like The Mummy and in family friendly fantasy films (Inkheart, Journey to the Center of the Earth) and he's also a comedian.
If The Rock is going to play Black Adam, Fraser will actually work in the role. There are not that many years between them in age.

And it will be easy to find a boy that resembles Fraser, as well.

Please don't get upset. I just presented an idea to you.

Well, if the Rock takes Lobo, I'd change direction in Black Adam and have say Holt McCallany from Lights Out.

Holt McCallany is awesome, but if there is one comic book character he should play, it's The Punisher. It's too bad they've already ruined that character with three awful movies, because Holt would f**king rock in that part.

Yeah, probably. But since the movie and the tv show aren't happening, he's up for grabs.

Looking at Ordway's Power of Shazam. He reminds me of that Black Adam facially.

Yeah, I could see it. I just hope the guy gets some more work. He was so, so good in Lights Out and it's a shame not many people bothered to see it.

cast the Rock as Capt. Marvel and a tan kid as Billy.. find an awesome eurasian actor for black adam, and let the lightning fly.. save mary and freddy for part 3..

he is my top choice aswell:yay: he just has that honest nobility type of vibe which is why he made a great Abe Lincoln
benjamin-walker-gq-feature.jpg

I think this would be great casting. Call me crazy but I think it would be a home run to have the Coen Brothers to write and direct.

I also would like to have this movie set in the 1936 or so and have the bad guys be the Nazis. I want the Nazis who in their quest to find powerful occult objects for Hitler to inadvertently resurrect Black Adam.

Yeah I know its very much like Indiana Jones from that standpoint but what a great film series to emulate.

The tone of the movie should be Indy meets Rocketeer meets Max Fleischer's animated Superman series.

Oh, and yes to the Rock as Black Adam.

Yeah, Walker would really work for this.

What's with the gloves in that pic though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"