After Nolan's BATMAN trilogy... - Part 1

He's a good director. I think he or Nicolas Refn would get me excited for an even more down to earth, character driven, Batman movie.

As for something fantastical (but still serious), Darren Aronofsky or Rian Johnson are my picks.

The next Batman movie may be in 2017, but I guarantee you, Batman will get rebooted in the JLA movie.

I'm probably alone on this but I don't even want to see the JLA movie. Not because I don't like the group, I do, but I don't want to see a Batman franchised tied to an overall universe. A reference or nod here and there is nice but Batman is a character I feel works best without the league and is a franchise that can be rebooted the most (not too close together, I just mean since there are so many tones and ways to take it). We have the gothic Burton series, the campy Schumacher series, the more grounded Nolan series and now maybe we can have a more fantastical take under a director like Rian Johnson, after you could have a series that mixes the science-fiction aspects and the more grounded aspects, and so on and so on. I'm going to be quite disappointed if they reboot Batman with the JLA as it means the franchise will be tied down to a shared universe.

On the topic of directors, I hope we get someone like Rian Johnson (Brick, The Brothers Bloom, Looper), Darren Aronofsky (Requiem for a Dream, Pi, Black Swan), Ben Affleck (as long as he doesn't cast himself as Batman or any other character he doesn't fit) (Gone Baby Gone, The Town, Argo), Doug Liman (The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy, The Bourne Ultimatum), Sam Mendes (American Beauty, Road to Perdition, Skyfall) or David Fincher (Se7en, Fight Club, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo)

The next Batman movie may be in 2017, but I guarantee you, Batman will get rebooted in the JLA movie.

I don't even see how a batman reboot by 2017 would be feasible assuming the focus for WB is now on MOS and JL?

I mean you're likely to get a MOS sequel in 2016 and a potential sequel to JL in 2018 (assuming a 2015 release date). I don't see how they could fit in a rebooted batman franchise in the middle of all of that?

I don't even see how a batman reboot by 2017 would be feasible assuming the focus for WB is now on MOS and JL?

I mean you're likely to get a MOS sequel in 2016 and a potential sequel to JL in 2018 (assuming a 2015 release date). I don't see how they could fit in a rebooted batman franchise in the middle of all of that?

I'm failing to see your logic here...

WB releases mulltiple movies a year. Why on earth would it not be feasible with a different production team/directors?

Treat the next series like the James Bond series (directors are asked not to pretend the previous movies never happened). Don't reboot it. Have several different villains before introducing the Joker, Bane, and Scarecrow. Here are a few villains that could be used:

Riddler Mr. Freeze
Penguin Victor Zsas
Hugo Strange
Black Mask

All these villains are easy to portray as 'real'. Also, I think Denzel Washington would make an EXCELLENT Commissioner Gordon.

And finally, take several movies for the characters to develop (Harvey Dent, Robin, etc) instead of just 1 movie (TDK)

Why not? It's like..perfect timing.

JL hits in 2015, MOS 2 in 2016, Batman solo in 2017, JL 2 (may not happen) in 2018. Sounds fine to me.

Unless ur not aware that Batman will of course be rebooted within Justice League??

JL hits in 2015, MOS 2 in 2016, Batman solo in 2017, JL 2 (may not happen) in 2018. Sounds fine to me.

Unless ur not aware that Batman will of course be rebooted within Justice League??
Meanwhile, Marvel continues churning out 2-3 hits a year. :oldrazz:

Treat the next series like the James Bond series (directors are asked not to pretend the previous movies never happened). Don't reboot it. Have several different villains before introducing the Joker, Bane, and Scarecrow. Here are a few villains that could be used:

Riddler Mr. Freeze
Penguin Victor Zsas
Hugo Strange
Black Mask

All these villains are easy to portray as 'real'. Also, I think Denzel Washington would make an EXCELLENT Commissioner Gordon.

And finally, take several movies for the characters to develop (Harvey Dent, Robin, etc) instead of just 1 movie (TDK)

Problem: they *can't* "not reboot it." A Bond style continuation requires something to continue from, and the Nolan films flat out make that impossible. They could, theoretically, make it a continuation of the older Burton/Schumacher films. . . but do I really need to explain why that would be an awful idea?

I really want to see a mystery, thriller type movie where B-man's detective work is balanced with action. Also, like Begins, a villain who hasn't been portrayed in live action will be refreshing if done correctly.

Problem: they *can't* "not reboot it." A Bond style continuation requires something to continue from, and the Nolan films flat out make that impossible. They could, theoretically, make it a continuation of the older Burton/Schumacher films. . . but do I really need to explain why that would be an awful idea?

I understand you would have to 'reboot' some things (Batman, Harvey Dent, etc) But you could cast an older Bruce Wayne and claim he didn't die in TDKR and he came back to Gotham because of an increase of crime. This would also establish a 'robin' (maybe not the tights wearing guy we know but a more Oracle/Diggle from Arrow type of guy for now.)

Please DC, no origin movie

This would also establish a 'robin' (maybe not the tights wearing guy we know but a more Oracle/Diggle from Arrow type of guy for now.)

But that's not Robin. That's Oracle. Oracle is great, but not what I want out of Robin.

But that's not Robin. That's Oracle. Oracle is great, but not what I want out of Robin.

Agreed, but that depends on if you want to establish Babara Gordon right away. Also, I don't think Robin should be like that forever, just during his "training" (until he is ready to go and fight alongside Batman)

I don't know maybe it's because we've been so used to WB dealing with one super-hero franchise at a time. It would take a lot for them to suddenly get their **** together and suddenly have 3 running concurrently in the next couple of years.

I want to see the Bob Kane's Batman with the style of Bruce Timm.

I understand you would have to 'reboot' some things (Batman, Harvey Dent, etc) But you could cast an older Bruce Wayne and claim he didn't die in TDKR and he came back to Gotham because of an increase of crime. This would also establish a 'robin' (maybe not the tights wearing guy we know but a more Oracle/Diggle from Arrow type of guy for now.)

Please DC, no origin movie

First, he *didn't* die in TDKR.

Second, that would still be a *terrible terrible idea.* Starting your continuation by basically ****ting on the extremely popular and successful prior franchise is a good way to alienate your audience.

You mean killer Batman? Watch Burton's for that.

That seems like an answer from an Nolanite. So, sue me if I am a fan of the Golden Age Batman (and Superman). Time to remove the political correctness from Batman and Superman.

No he just means that you can watch the Burton Bat movies if you want that kind of Batman. Your question sounded like we haven't received the Bob Kane batman yet.

^ Agreed.

That seems like an answer from an Nolanite. So, sue me if I am a fan of the Golden Age Batman (and Superman). Time to remove the political correctness from Batman and Superman.

People are so ignorant to throw around "Nolanite" just for the heck of it.

If Joker was a "Nolanite", he'd be obsessed with the entire trilogy when, he's simply not. He has problems with TDKR and that doesn't seem like a "Nolanite" if you ask me. Also, if he was a "Nolanite", he'd be complaining about any talk of a Batman reboot as well as a "Nolanite" would think TDK trilogy would be God's gift to Man, but once again, Joker does not.

And I'm only trying to educate people here....don't throw around "Nolanite" just because when it makes absolutely no sense to most people.

No he just means that you can watch the Burton Bat movies if you want that kind of Batman. Your question sounded like we haven't received the Bob Kane batman yet.

We hadn't recieved the real Batman of Kane and Robertson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"