Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - S2E2 "Heavy Is The Head"

The obelisk continues to be a great macguffin. Really wonder what Skye, Raina et al actually are. Kree tech perhaps, but why are they immune? And what's the thing for other than indiscriminately killing people who pick it up??
To be accurate, it's actually discriminately killing people who pick it up, since it decided to let Raina live. :p

xdddd.jpg.pagespeed.ic.7R9aQg-_Zf.jpg

I saw this in an other site, the same strange alien language in the first letters.

The obelisk continues to be a great macguffin. Really wonder what Skye, Raina et al actually are. Kree tech perhaps, but why are they immune? And what's the thing for other than indiscriminately killing people who pick it up??

They've got to be inhumans surely, the obeslisk being kree tech and it is detecting some sort of kree influence within Raina.

Perhaps Skyes and Rainas ancestors separated from the inhumans before the terrigan mist and integrated themselves with humans.

This has probably already been discussed to death (I'm late to the party), but "Operation Panther Claw" made me smile pretty wide :woot:
Actually, I haven't seen anyone comment on it. I remember smiling at that too, but I'd completely forgotten about it till you mentioned it just now.

They've got to be inhumans surely, the obeslisk being kree tech and it is detecting some sort of kree influence within Raina.

Perhaps Skyes and Rainas ancestors separated from the inhumans before the terrigan mist and integrated themselves with humans.

Poster in the other thread (sorry forgot who and can't be arsed to look) came up with Terrigen Crystal (http://marvel.wikia.com/Terrigen_Crystals). Which I think fits nicely. Although obviously not a crystal may have the same properties.

Poster in the other thread (sorry forgot who and can't be arsed to look) came up with Terrigen Crystal (http://marvel.wikia.com/Terrigen_Crystals). Which I think fits nicely. Although obviously not a crystal may have the same properties.

Oooh, ooh, pick me!

If Raina is an Inhuman, the Obelisk could also be a variation of the Terrigen Mist/Crystals.

I had a couple other thoughts early on, but as of now I think that makes the most sense, if the Obelisk is something from the comics to begin with.

I guess the question regarding the Inhumans will always be (until it's answered one way or the other): will they allow the concept to be introduced on TV before an Inhumans (or other) movie? Of course, if speculation about SW/QS in AOU is true, then inhumans might be introduced soon anyway, and it would give this show a very nice bridge to the rest of the MCU.

Also, for what it's worth, I think that a Terrigen Bomb would be good for the MCU at some point down the line.

This has probably already been discussed to death (I'm late to the party), but "Operation Panther Claw" made me smile pretty wide :woot:

I have a Brit vet buddy who was involved in holding ground in that second phase. Dead Taliban make me smile too. :woot:

I have a Brit vet buddy who was involved in holding ground in that second phase. Dead Taliban make me smile too. :woot:

:( Didn't know it was a real thing. I thought it was a reference to Black Panther.

My bad for not doing research.

Yet if Deathlok were on the team, you'd all be saying that it makes perfect sense. If Coulson had told Hunter "we aren't starting the new SHIELD by inviting in traitors" then....well...people want the crippled mute guy with a minute of screen time to return, so odds are they'd complain and want Hunter on the team...but it would have fit Coulson's new persona well.

Yeah, I literally said in my post that it was a personal choice and therefore could have gone either way. That was like a part of my point.

I'm not sure if this has been brought up already but was I the only one who thought that the cgi for when the quinjet landed inside the new shield base for this episode was ridiculously bad? I mean it looked like something that I would see from a show made in the 90's.

I didn't notice anything wrong with it and I've been willing to point out bad CGI before (particularly the flight sequence with Lola late last season). Maybe I just missed it, though.

It looked good to me. The bullet sequence could've used some work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"