Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD 3x21 "Absolution"/3x22 "Ascension" (Season Finale) Discussion Thread

I could see Hill or Sharon
If next season is really to be the last, I don't think it would be too hard for Disney to tell Cobie or EVC to go do 5-10 episodes or so, the director doesn't necessarily need to be in every episode

May should be the new director

The New York Bulletin from Daredevil was one of the newspaper about Quake.
270847quakedaredevil.png

I'm thinking the director will be a new character.

Clay Quartermain.

It would lead to the most drama for the team to work under someone new.

OK, overall a really good finale

- Hive was such a fantastic villain - I was amazed at how good he looked!
- The fight between Quake and Hive was great
- Coulson is no longer director got me excited - FURY BACK?!?!? Hill would be cool as well
- Time jump is suspiciously close to Dr Strange
- The character they killed off is actually the one I didn't mind having killed off
- May gave a great speech to Daisy
- Coulson is awesome

What I didn't like:
- No integration with Civil War
- Chloe Bennett's acting over Lincoln's death was uncharacteristically not as good as her usual
- What the heck was going on at the end?

Liked the peace ward/hive was in at the end. Didn't like him at the start but the all american act made sense when it turned out he was a double agent, wasn't mad about his logic for taking over hydra but still did his job. good actor going to be missed, by me any way, alot appear not to like him or be to bothered by him being off the show :yay:

first episode this season daisy/skye was all strong and confident, andrew said she was becoming a leader by the end she was broken, did not see that coming. also the relapse want to rejoin hive, serious problems. brilliant spot on the daredevil headline.

think there will be more tie in next year to the movies. these are well paid actors who know which side their bread is buttered could not see them protesting, media gimic. fury for director possibly but flip side to that, talbot was sent in to take the base, basically american military in command of a shield facility, could see a senario where it was given back on condition the americans choose the leader, ross or talbot chose hill. if there is no media tie in just one line about an off camera event to the effect captain america telling quake she can't be an avenger.

bit at the end, shield seem to have a soft spot for mad scientists.

The show really kind of never knew who it wanted its main protagonist to be. Coulson, Ward or Skye/Daisy.

The past 2 seasons felt like they unfortunately wanted Daisy to be the lead.

The show really kind of never knew who it wanted its main protagonist to be. Coulson, Ward or Skye/Daisy.

I don't think it ever was Ward, even if he had a major role. Coulson and Skye started off as the two big characters. To me, it's still very Secret Warriors. Coulson is like Nick Fury who I wouldn't consider the star of Secret Warriors, but had a major role and had issues where he was clearly the lead. Then you have Daisy Johnson, who is the main character of Secret Warriors except those times where Fury was in charge.

GODS I got to see these!!! Actually in a half hour I can start watching the first one

Civil War spoiler (regarding Sharon Carter)
After Civil War, Sharon Carter is very probably on the run, wanted for at least insubordination and at most treason. If so, she's not the director.

praise the faceless gods...Lincoln is dead

Don't thank them. Thank O'Brien. Couldn't close the bay doors. Got turned into a primitive. Helped release Hive. Lincoln forced to sacrifice himself. O'BRIEN!!!!!!

I don't think it ever was Ward, even if he had a major role. Coulson and Skye started off as the two big characters. To me, it's still very Secret Warriors. Coulson is like Nick Fury who I wouldn't consider the star of Secret Warriors, but had a major role and had issues where he was clearly the lead. Then you have Daisy Johnson, who is the main character of Secret Warriors except those times where Fury was in charge.

Ward was simply just a major antagonist to counter both Phil and Daisy being the main protagonists.

Season 2 Finale...Daisy and SHIELD work alongside each other to fight off their enemies from invading an SHIELD facility and stop an rogue Inhuman (aided by other Inhumans) from taking over the world and forcibly turning more people into Inhumans. Finale ends with someone else killing the main Inhuman villain and with a shot of Daisy lifting into the air, via Lola.

Season 3 Finale...Daisy and SHIELD work alongside each other once more to fight off their enemies from invading another SHIELD facility and stop an Inhuman (aided by other Inhumans again) from taking over the world and forcibly turning more people into Inhumans. Finale ends with yet again someone else killing the main Inhuman villain and with Daisy flying off with her powers.

Anyone sensing a pattern here?:o:oldrazz:

What about Graviton and the dude who took his material?

Civil War spoiler (regarding Sharon Carter)
After Civil War, Sharon Carter is very probably on the run, wanted for at least insubordination and at most treason. If so, she's not the director.

SHIELD is still secret, so that's probably as good of a hiding place as any.

The LMD is what I'm more curious about

SHIELD is still secret, so that's probably as good of a hiding place as any.
CW spoilers:
SHIELD is secret from the public, but not from the government. While SHIELD might still harbor fugitives without the President knowing it, the appointment of a new director has to be done by the President or by someone following his orders. It's not going to be a fugitive, especially not one who has shown her willingness to disobey direct orders and steal weapons to give them to other fugitives, even if not the most dangerous of them all.
As I side issue, I don't think Sharon Carter would be considered for director without further experience, even if CW hadn't happened. But after CW, I can't see that happen until the conflict is resolved, Cap and the others are back into the fold, etc.

Last edited:
Not exactly must see TV
Villains with heads like testicles,and Daisy whining like a teenager
Let's hope Ward is finally gone,he went from hero to traitor to alien and wasn't very good as any of them.
;-)

I was more sad that Ward died than Lincoln funnily enough.

Also Quake looks smoking hot at the end. Love the new mutants-esque look.

Not exactly must see TV
Villains with heads like testicles,and Daisy whining like a teenager
Let's hope Ward is finally gone,he went from hero to traitor to alien and wasn't very good as any of them.
;-)

no one agrees with you

I kind of like all the fake outs about the 'big death.'

Oh no! Coulson is alone in a room with Hive! Boom, hologram.

Oh no, Mack's been shot a bunch of times! Snap, YoYo stepped in the way and took the shots.

Oh no, YoYo's bleeding out! Psych, blowtorch medicine for the win.

Oh no, Simmons is cornered by a 'primitive' and it's looking right at her! But she's next to a furnace and it messes up their heat-sensitive vision.

Oh no, Giyara (sp?) has the drop on Fitz! Whoa, go Fitz!

Oh no, Lincoln ate a hot plasma ball to the gut and is looking shaky! Nah, he be aight, for now...

Nice ending in the shuttle.

Gonna miss the dude who plays Ward/Hive. It was fun to see someone with more range than 'looks annoyed all the time' May or 'looks determined to not be wrong again all the time and / or smug about being right all the time' Coulson on the show.

Except that the big death was really predictable ultimately, and felt really safe. I don't quite know how I feel about how they handled Daisy in the last third of the show honestly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"