All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - Part 76

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just watched Superman/Shazam: The Return of Black Adam. Imagined if they did a live action version of it for the new DCU Universe with Henry? I think I'd be a great way to introduce the GA to Shazam and it'd catch attention if Superman is in the film.

In the scene where Shazam has Adam by the neck and Superman is trying to stop him, he could tell him about the time he did the same thing with Zod and it was a terrible mistake. It would be incredible!

A superhero called Shazam who's real name is Billy...interesting.....

If WB makes new movies for every character in their Justice League, some people would say "Why isn't Superman helping?" Superman/Shazam was a neat way to do it.

I expect people to ask "Why didn't the Green Lantern Corps help Krypton" for this film once they establish it.

If WB makes new movies for every character in their Justice League, some people would say "Why isn't Superman helping?" Superman/Shazam was a neat way to do it.

I expect people to ask "Why didn't the Green Lantern Corps help Krypton" for this film once they establish it.

I think incorporating popular heroes can help the minor ones get established. Superman can be in the Shazam film, maybe the Green Lantern Corps can be in the Manhunter film, Batman and Green Arrow, etc.

I've already heard that mentioned about the Corps. Similar things have been said in Marvel threads. O and there's always talk about how the Nolan films can't be cannon if Superman exists. I understand the thinking, but can't quite agree with it. At a certain point you just have to draw a line and remember it's not real.

I'm still not onboard with serializing all of DC's properties into a longrunning shared universe films. At least not right now. I'm thinking MOS2 will be next on WB's sights for 2016. Then I hope they'll find themselves in a similar situation with TDK where they're like well we've got this high-caliber acting talent (Diane, Amy, Lawrence), and they're not getting any younger, we can protect the integrity of this brand and close the trilogy, to move on.

Then from there just recast Bats (Mark Wahlberg?) and Supes (Matt Bomer?), don't bother rehashing origins, just go straight into a full DC film universe maybe even spearheading it with Justice League, using the brand identity of Bats and Supes and all the newness to sell it to audiences. Plus have it be much more light and colorful like The Avengers.

ugh no, if they do Justice League, I'd want it completely opposite from Avengers tone wise. Similar to how they're doing Superman in this and the Arkham games. More grounded, more serious somewhat. Let Marvel have the comic booky movies and DC have the more graphic novel-like grounded movies for CBM's.

Well Snyder has already mentioned that MOS is a world that does have other heroes existing in it, and that it'll just be a matter of time and great writing/film-making that will bring them all together someday eventually. Honestly, if they can give Henry's Superman a great trilogy/franchise, one more better than the Iron Man franchise, and still do a great Justice League series that respects the characters and canon, then I'm up for it.

No Mark Wahlberg Batman please.
I've heard his name being thrown around before, so I just went with it. We can all agree on Bryan Cranston for Jim Gordon though, right?

ugh no, if they do Justice League, I'd want it completely opposite from Avengers tone wise. Similar to how they're doing Superman in this and the Arkham games. More grounded, more serious somewhat. Let Marvel have the comic booky movies and DC have the more graphic novel-like grounded movies for CBM's.
I think the tone achieved in Avengers is what makes it work, and allows for a Norse god to interact with a Hulk and a super-soldier, without the audience batting an eye. From what I've seen of the Arkham game it's not exactly grounded is it?

BMP4utNCUAEmUp9.jpg:large

As enjoyable as the Avengers is the Iron Man trilogy suffered from it immensely. And the Thor and Cap films are about on par with the IM sequels too. Fun disposable entertainment. That's my fear with trying to do the same with MOS. I don't think serializing properties to just run forever whilst keeping everything the same like a sitcom is as great as a tight finite trilogy.

Can someone please give me a download link to the nokia trailer? Or where I can download it? Thanks

As enjoyable as the Avengers is the Iron Man trilogy suffered from it immensely. And the Thor and Cap films are about on par with the IM sequels too. Fun disposable entertainment. That's my fear with trying to do the same with MOS. I don't think serializing properties to just run forever whilst keeping everything the same like a sitcom is as great as a tight finite trilogy.

As much as I like the MU, I am worried that it'll get old fast. Over saturation of the market is something to consider. I'm not feeling that quite yet, but it's definitely on the horizon. What DC has to contend with is that, regardless of tone, it has been done before, and when DC has their ducks in a row, Marvel could very well have worn the idea thin.

I like the MCU as well, but IM and TA are really the only stand-outs. DC has the ability to make every film stand-out. They just need to play there cards right. They need to focus on each individual character as opposed to focusing on JL.

Just an fyi

I have tracked around 250 tweets

Around 230 of those were positive

Take that as you will

I've heard his name being thrown around before, so I just went with it. We can all agree on Bryan Cranston for Jim Gordon though, right?

I think the tone achieved in Avengers is what makes it work, and allows for a Norse god to interact with a Hulk and a super-soldier, without the audience batting an eye. From what I've seen of the Arkham game it's not exactly grounded is it?

yeah, but we KNOW that works. Having a Justice League with a different tone would be trying something new, and gives something to those who aren't keen on the all bright colours and comic book-y-ness that Avengers is. Well yeah, I listed Arkham instead of Nolan because it shouldnt be as serious as TDK, and have some fantasy elements to it. Like I said, a JL movie that is aproached the same as this one looks to be I think would be a much better idea imo of course.

@moviefan Any of them from popular people or just Timmy from Utah?

@moviefan Any of them from popular people or just Timmy from Utah?

General audience with a splattering of semi famous folks

From what i remember tdkr was about the same or maybe a bit more negative

Tdkr being more like oh finally good ending to a great trilogy
Mos is more like finally the superman movie we have been waiting for all these years

Monday's Rotten Tomatoes rating is what concerns me. I want that 90's status!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"