All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - Part 85

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yeah obviously a score in the 50s is by definition a non- consensus for recommending the film, at that point the reception is not just mixed but divided.
By school grades though, like so many people tend to treat the percentage, 50% is an outright failure.

Yeah, I mean i'll never be okay with the Zod solution, because I just think writing the situation in a way that there could be no other resolution was a mistake, and a statement that I don't really understand.

But in terms of the overall flow and pacing, and my ability to enjoy the movie, the second viewing was so much more fun.

I think it helped having friends there.

I had this one friend next to me who is really bad at sitting still and doesnt go to the cinema often. She kept making gags, and saying 'cheesy' and being genuinely annoying.

But even she had her hand over her mouth all through the tornado scene and started tearing up when he got swept away. She pretty much shut up after that. And afterwards she text me saying 'Thankyou for taking me to my first Superman, it was awesome :)'

Then I had this other friend on the other side of me, who kept grabbing me and going 'what the hell where you talking about, this is amazing'! :hehe:

You have to soften to the film a bit after that.

At the end of the day, it's done a really good job of making Superman cool and popular again.

Do I think they could have done it better? Yes. Do I think they could have done it without that ending? Hell yes.

But at least they did achieve that much :)
Lets say there was no Zod in this film.
Only Faora and her army .
Same ending.
Would The Faora Resolution have created a divided reaction among you and your friends ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"