All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - Part 90

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thing is I'm really not looking forward to leaving Goyer alone with the sequel's script. He needs someone to take what he's written and make it watertight.

I'm sure he'd be glad to help ;)
General+Atmosphere+Day+3+Comic+Con+International+oRWV819y1-cl.jpg

Last edited:
Thing is I'm really not looking forward to leaving Goyer alone with the sequel's script. He needs someone to take what he's written and make it watertight.

This is my main worry.

If Snyder and Goyer are left alone to their own devices again, will they be able to take the legit criticisms of the movie and improve on what they did in MOS?

David Goyer and Zack Snyder never invoked confidence when they were first announced. I happily ate my thoughts when the comic-con trailer hit. Then slightly gagged them back up when watching the film.

^ I feel like in order for MOS to be the film everyone wanted, it would have to have a Begins caliber script-and I don't think Chris could work on the MOS script and do TDKR at the same time. Also, I don't think Zack's the best judge of a good screenplay.

Well, Nolan did help with the script, as well. :woot:

He did. He told Goyer what not to do. ;)

Imagine MOS WITHOUT Nolan's involvement. :wow:

I walked out of the movie a bigger fan of Shannon and Zod all because of his performance, I think hoestly Zod may be my new favorite DC movie villain now.

I just think the script needed some polishing that's it along help with some of the pacing.

Let's not talk about the Unborn. Or Ghost Rider II.

If Jonathan Nolan, or Paul Dini, or Brad Bird, etc. gets announced to pen MOS2 or at least do a pass on it, then that will be a good day.

I have an unrequited love for Michael Shannon. He comes out unscathed regardless of 'release the World Engine!!!!!'

**** me that line was bad. I love the film, 8.5 outta 10. But when he said that I laughed.

Seriously, not Shannon, not Snyder, not the Editor, not Nolan and especially not Goyer watched it or read it and thought "Uh guys? That sounds kinda stupid? In fact it sounds plain cheesy".

Seriously anything would have done. "Get the device in place". Seriously Goyer? You actually called it a ******* "World Engine"?

Bird's normally with Paramount and Dini's with Marvel. Best bet is Jonathan Nolan.

Yeah, the World Engine line. It's on par with Tommy Lee Jones' 'let's start this party with a bang!'

I just think the script needed some polishing that's it along help with some of the pacing.
I think the pacing was the most obvious to me. I thought it started off really good, but after the Krytpon scenes, it just felt off.

I still liked it, though.

^ It's a World Engine! Cuz it blows up the world! Subtle, right?!-said no one ever.

I thought the "Release the World Engine." line was fine. Did people have a problem with it because they had to immediately think of "Release the Kraken."?

It is a movie rule.
usually,when describing a machine
Any word following "The" is chessy.

Really, sometimes people just want to hate. When people say they dislike the "He's kinda hot." line, I get it. But I just don't get that with the Zod line at all.

I am the opposite .
I understand why people feel the way they do about the Zod line,The World Engine" is a corny and Cheesy thing to call a machine .
the He's Kinda Hot" line seems like a natural reaction to a handsome guy in a cool costume .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"