The Boys Amazon's The Boys General Discussion Thread

291851161_1181366775772672_8821445846874424527_n.png

Yeah the original plan was for 5 seasons. I respect Kripke for bowing out after finishing his vision and handing the reigns to someone else
Yeah I always respected Kripke for that as well. I mean I stopped watching round S6 or S7 and the fact that Kripke had a vision and once he finished it he was like ok I told the story I created for the show if they want to continue and someone else wants to tell new stories why not.

After watching bits and pieces over the years, I’ve just started in on the show from the beginning. As much as the show takes the piss out of superhero media and right wing politics, the place crash scene (intentionally or not) also felt like a pitch perfect assessment of American policing at this moment in time.

The “heroes” show up with their chests puffed out, only to actively make things worse and then walk away scot free.

One thing this show has really sold me on is the idea of superhero media existing in a world of “superheroes”. I remember back in the day, there was an Ultimate Spider-Man arc about the making of a Spider-Man movie and I thought it was weird as bad place considering no one actually knows who’s under the mask or what their story is.

Here, when you consider that all the supes are corporate entities and their actions/backstories are dictated by Vought, it makes sense that movies, comics and cartoons would spring from that.

Yeah, at this point that’s pretty much all they are. Do the Seven even save people anymore or stop criminals? Aside from Homelander “talking down” that jumper, they don’t even do staged heroics much anymore. Which is fine; it makes them feel even more hollow.

Yeah, at this point that’s pretty much all they are. Do the Seven even save people anymore or stop criminals? Aside from Homelander “talking down” that jumper, they don’t even do staged heroics much anymore. Which is fine; it makes them feel even more hollow.

I think this is just something we don't see. Because there are pressing issues in season 2 and 3 to prevent seeing more of the daily grind of the supes. Clearly, supes are still doing that stuff, because Bluehawk was building up a body counts. I do think though, the lower you are, the more crimefighting you do. They higher up you go, the more celebrity shirt you have to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"