The Boys Amazon's The Boys General Discussion Thread

I‘m so ****ing annoyed by series that announce another season, when they haven’t announced a release date for the upcoming season yet

Also, you know now, that at least one of the main characters won‘t die (and I assume the most important ones will make it through that season)

Also, you know now, that at least one of the main characters won‘t die (and I assume the most important ones will make it through that season)

Isn’t that usually the case with most shows? Plot armour or whatever it’s called.

not, if it’s a closed story and the 2nd season is the last.
Then everyone could die

not, if it’s a closed story and the 2nd season is the last.
Then everyone could die

Ahhh right.
Well they’re working on a 3rd Season so I don’t think this season is the last.

I'm curious to see where they are going with it now because they seem like they've gone off-book from the comic now.

I'm curious to see where they are going with it now because they seem like they've gone off-book from the comic now.

They went off-book pretty much since the very beginning. Even the A-Train scene is completely different.
But yeah, as nitpicky as I am, I’m still curious what they’re going to do.

They went off-book pretty much since the very beginning. Even the A-Train scene is completely different.
But yeah, as nitpicky as I am, I’m still curious what they’re going to do.

I mean yes, but I could still sort of see where they'd keep the general plot intact. But they've basically taken it into completely uncharted territory where I have no idea what's next.

The wife being alive and apparently having borne the child.

I mean yes, but I could still sort of see where they'd keep the general plot intact. But they've basically taken it into completely uncharted territory where I have no idea what's next.

The wife being alive and apparently having borne the child.

I’m assuming you’ve read the comic.

To me, they only kept the very VERY basic general plot of the last part of the comic. And even then it’s aggressively different.

Yeah, I wonder where they’re going to take it.

Yeah it could be a good thing or bad thing though.

Yeah it could be a good thing or bad thing though.

I dunno.
I have my issues with the show (which honestly I could go on about for days) but if anything, I’d just like the pacing to be less...whatever it was in the first season.

I agree on pacing. I think it's something streaming shows in the binge era are still trying to figure out.

I agree on pacing. I think it's something streaming shows in the binge era are still trying to figure out.

Oh definitely.
It’s not easy to do for sure, and I dunno what they could do to fix it.

I think he means the show is too long.

Which I agree with, as much as I did enjoy the show

Ohhh I see.

Yes, I definitely agree with that.

The feeling I get with the show is that it's both too long and too rushed. Like stuff just happens while I have a feeling of nothing happening at the same time. idk how to explain it.

I finished this last night and I’m in love. It’s just the right amount of dark and satire for me and there’s something in each character that I like which is rare for me. I definitely enjoyed this more than Watchmen. My favorite characters are Homelander and Frenchie.

I can’t stop laughing at some of the scenes like Butcher’s red pill and Spice Girls monologues. And oh the dolphin scene! It’s hilarious and quite deranged. :funny:

Not that ratings can be tracked but I’m wondering how well this did and if it was popular with social media? I can’t tell if there wasn’t enough buzz and that’s why I didn’t notice it or I was just not paying enough attention.

I finished this last night and I’m in love. It’s just the right amount of dark and satire for me and there’s something in each character that I like which is rare for me. I definitely enjoyed this more than Watchmen. My favorite characters are Homelander and Frenchie.

I can’t stop laughing at some of the scenes like Butcher’s red pill and Spice Girls monologues. And oh the dolphin scene! It’s hilarious and quite deranged. :funny:

Not that ratings can be tracked but I’m wondering how well this did and if it was popular with social media? I can’t tell if there wasn’t enough buzz and that’s why I didn’t notice it or I was just not paying enough attention.

Admittedly, I haven’t seen many people talk about the show at all. Some YouTube videos here and there discussing the differences between the show and the comic, a couple interviews but not much beyond the actors’ social media.

It’s done pretty well with ratings from what I’ve seen. 8.7 or 4/5

Admittedly, I haven’t seen many people talk about the show at all. Some YouTube videos here and there discussing the differences between the show and the comic, a couple interviews but not much beyond the actors’ social media.

It’s done pretty well with ratings from what I’ve seen. 8.7 or 4/5

I think it might’ve suffered from the over saturation of streaming shows. This is one of those shows, I feel, that would’ve blown up big time if it was on HBO (like Watchmen) or one of the first shows on Netflix (like Stranger Things). It hits a lot of the tropes that social media (especially the likes of Tumblr) likes. It’s good to see the S3 renewal. I mean, renewal is pretty much the primary reason why I want the shows I like to have ratings or buzz. :p

Last edited:
I think it might’ve suffered from the over saturation of streaming shows. This is one to those shows, I feel, that would’ve blown up big time if it was on HBO (like Watchmen) or one of the first shows on Netflix (like Stranger Things). It hits a lot of the tropes that social media (especially the likes of Tumblr) likes. It’s good to see the S3 renewal. I mean, renewal is pretty much the primary reason why I want the shows I like to have ratings or buzz. :p

Over saturation of streaming shows yes, but also of superheroes in general too I think.
Also Tumblr’s been kinda dead for a couple years lmao.

Frankly, the show doesn't seem to tick what causes internet discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"