Andor General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

Don't know what this is, might just be a guy with his own Shoretrooper uniform,:funny: still cool.

""

Last edited:
this could be released on May the 4th (be with you).
But I think it will be earlier in February (maybe 2nd or 9th) - right after BoBF ends

We will have most definitely a teaser by the end of the year

honestly didn't really care about Rogue One or any of the characters. The movie just had a cool Darth Vader scene and the rest was just useless. It was nice to be back in the Universe but the movie was just nothing and I didn't care about Andor or where he came from. I will wait and see. I liked Mandalorian, and haven't finished Boba Fett yet. So I will watch with an open mind. I hope it is good because the universe is fun to explore.

I do love the idea of a Tony Gilroy show-run (Bourne type, losing his identity) Spy Thriller, set among the Rebel Alliance.
However It'd be nice to see, and possibly react to some footage for Season 1.
Yet apparently they like what they see, and are confidently forging ahead to S2...

""

Hope he still has that break-down sniper rifle that gets him in trouble in R1
5i1fl0.gif
png-clipart-star-wars-battlefront-ii-star-wars-jedi-starfighter-blaster-cassian-andor-star-wars-assault-rifle-machine-gun.png

Last edited:
I have zero interest in this show because I don't really care about the Andor character, who served a nice purpose in Rogue One, but who cares beyond.

THAT SAID, I thought the same with Peacemaker and that show is pretty entertaining so we'll see. Of course, it's hard to get excited about a Season 2 when Season 1 isn't even out but that's how TV is these days with multiple seasons greenlit before the first is even released.

In my case, its less that I am interested in Cassian Andor as a specific character, and more that I am interested in the idea of a gritty spy drama set during the early days of the Rebellion. Its a valid part of the Star Wars "creative DNA", that hasn't yet been explored. We've had the big pulp war movie stories, even even a Dirty Dozen, but not the grimmer French Resistance-type movies.

That said, I always get a little leery about sequels getting greenlit before anyone gets to see the original. Sure, maybe the early screenings tell everyone that its a sure hit, but the kind of people filling early screenings are the kind of people that *can't* objectively judge whether the general audience will like a movie or TV show.

12 episode first season is decent better than the other shows. Well Boba Fett lowered the bar, so maybe we have the perfect storm brewing. Low interest and low expectations. The only way it fails now is if it so incoherent and boring we stop caring. Let's hope it's good. The more we get to see this Universe the better.

Hmm wonder why this one is so much longer, unless the episodes are maybe shorter.

I expect a trailer and release date on May the 4th

Lots of info and new pics dropped today. Willing to bet we will get a trailer next week for Star Wars Celebration

image_9cf05776-2d37-4d1d-831f-ef1398ca7d1a20220518_070351-jpg.577577

6gjqyr.gif

"Tony Gilroy, who had punched up the [Rogue One] movie’s script for reshoots. Gilroy—whose credits include writing the first four Bourne thrillers and writing and directing Michael Clayton—was developing a series that would explore Andor’s backstory, revealing what drew him into the galactic Rebellion and how he evolved from a self-serving nihilist into a selfless martyr. Luna’s call with Gilroy—the first time he heard the full plan for the Andor story—happened more than three years ago."

'On that day in mid-2019, when Luna was recruited for Andor, the actor remembers looking out the car window at the rooftops of the adjacent buildings, visualizing the tale about resistance-minded spies and near-death escapes. He was especially glad that Gilroy’s proposal included details that resonated personally. Luna describes Andor as a refugee story, with desperate people fleeing the Empire at the full force of its power. “It’s the journey of a migrant,” he says. “That feeling of having to move is behind this story, very profoundly and very strong. That shapes you as a person. It defines you in many ways, and what you are willing to do.”

Gilroy breathes deep and reveals a little more about Andor. “This guy gave his life for the galaxy, right? I mean, he consciously, soberly, without vanity or recognition, sacrificed himself. Who does that?” he asks. “That’s what this first season is about. It’s about him being really revolution-averse, and cynical, and lost, and kind of a mess.” The story begins with the destruction of Andor’s birth world, then follows him into adulthood, when he realizes he can’t run forever. “His adopted home will become the base of our whole first season, and we watch that place become radicalized,” Gilroy says. “Then we see another planet that’s completely taken apart in a colonial kind of way. The Empire is expanding rapidly. They’re wiping out anybody who’s in their way.” By journey’s end, Andor’s path will be to block theirs.

The show also focuses on the enigmatic Rebel leader Mon Mothma, played by Genevieve O’Reilly, who portrayed her as a young senator in Revenge of the Sith, then reprised the role in Rogue One. Mothma (then played by Caroline Blakiston) was the priestess-like figure in 1983’s Return of the Jedi who outlines weaknesses in the new Death Star, gravely intoning, “Many Bothans died to bring us this information.” In Andor, her story will run parallel to the title character, whom we know will eventually become one of her key agents. “It is a huge, orchestral, Dickensian ensemble cast,” says Gilroy."

New looks for Andor and Mothma
6gjqk0.gif

6gj9dp.jpg

"Mon Mothma: In Andor, Genevieve O’Reilly’s galactic senator secretly leads an uprising against the Empire.
Cassian Andor: Diego Luna stars as a man who believes in nothing but eventually risks everything to aid the Rebellion. Andor premieres late summer 2022."

Last edited:
Good on Genevieve O’Reilly. She got cut from Revenge of the Sith, but managed to impress enough to continue playing the role well over a decade later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"