The Dark Knight Rises Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIV

Oh, so it's ok for you to like that cartoon, but it's not ok for them to not like it? Good to know your feelings on the matter.

Oh and God forbid they try to defend a particular version of Batman they like. It's not like you're doing the same with the 60's series.

Finally someone who can bring logic to chaos. Thank you.

Guys like Alex Logan and Shauner probably thought "The Batman" was a better cartoon than "Brave and the Bold" (despite the fact that it's not) JUST because the former had the "proper" tone to it.

The irony is, without the Adam West TV show, Shauner and Logan would have no Nolan movies to viciously defend against critics.

Do you know what assuming does?

You're incredible, you know that? You act like you know everything there is to know about Batman and yet you've never heard of this?

So because I never heard of a "huge outcry" about Robin I act like I know everything?

Grow up and stop acting like an over sensitive child.

The outcry created that era of comics and in turn the 60's TV show.

The only outcry that came during the 40's-60's was in 1954, when a psychologist, Frederic Wertham, published a book called ‘Seduction of the Innocent’. He said that comics were corrupting the morals of children, and with regards to Batman he claimed he and Robin were portrayed as lovers and criticized the comic for its homosexual overtones. He said “"Only someone ignorant of the fundamentals of psychiatry and of the psychopathology of sex can fail to realize a subtle atmosphere of homo eroticism which pervades the adventures of the mature 'Batman' and his young friend 'Robin'".

That's why the Comics Code Authority was set up. That didn't suddenly change Batman into some light hearted campy type of portrayal. Batman was like that long before that;

10-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

22-1.jpg

21-1.jpg

27-6.jpg

29-1.jpg

The publishers were forced to make things different out of pressure.

Like what?

This doesn't show me anything you've been saying. A link I just noticed can be edited by anyone, too.

This is always the case with you. "PROOF OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!"

How terrible of me to ask you to back up your hearsay with some proof. You poor thing.

In the furture if you really want to know then search yourself.

Why should I do that? This is your claim, not mine. If you can't back up your own arguments, or are so sensitive that you get outraged when someone asks you to, then don't make them in the first place.

I don't have anything to prove here

No, just the validity of your argument.

and quite frankly I'm tired of this kind of behavior from you.

Then you have two options don't you;

1. Put me on ignore

or

2. Report me to a moderator if you're so sure I'm out of line asking you to back up your own statements.

Last edited:
Guys like Alex Logan and Shauner probably thought "The Batman" was a better cartoon than "Brave and the Bold" (despite the fact that it's not) JUST because the former had the "proper" tone to it.

The irony is, without the Adam West TV show, Shauner and Logan would have no Nolan movies to viciously defend against critics.
Don't assume things.

And even if i did enjoy The Batman for its tone, among other things (not saying that i do) over Brave and the Bold...then what the hell is it to you? And i guess i would be wrong in thinking this way? I dont think so bub.

Like ive said countless times before, you like what you like and im not trying to tell ANYBODY that u cant do so. But facts are facts, and the 50s/60s Batman (and Robin) is not what Batman was meant to be. It's far from it, it was a borderline spoof. And it was changed this way to reach more kids, and to follow the latest trend of all things "space" and "aliens". The show was a reflection of that, just toned down because of budget or whatever. It's ALL one big spoof of the original character. Batman is NOT a light/comedic character who can hang out with Superman for a few laughs on the job or hang with just about any Marvel hero if given the chance.

It wasnt designed that way and it's certainly not what it developed into once the 70's hit.

Burtons original Batman was just as accurate to the 1939 Batman than Wests was to the comics of their era. The difference is that Burtons is true to that original essence. Dark, some seriousness to balance out when it gets fun and out of hand, a loner, and something to fear.

Oh, so it's ok for you to like that cartoon, but it's not ok for them to not like it?

Exactly :o

Don't assume things.

And even if i did enjoy The Batman for its tone, among other things (not saying that i do) over Brave and the Bold...then what the hell is it to you? And i guess i would be wrong in thinking this way?

Yes. :o

I mean, Shauner, what the hell is it to you when someone criticizes TDKR? That hasn't kept you from defending the movie these past few months.

Do you know what assuming does?

It makes you ask cliche, silly questions?

All this "Batman as it's meant to be" talk is tired. Especially since it implies that Bob Kane had any artistic integrity regarding Batman. Bob Kane was all about the buck.

Last edited:
*reads the last two pages*

I like where this convo is going.

continue folks...

7coCy.gif

The whole lot of you need to tone it down a notch. Nothing wrong with the conversation you're having but keep it respectful.

I would also recommend in taking it to the Batworld section as this has absolutely nothing to do with Anne Hathaway as Catwoman anymore.

I remember that thread well, and the Wizard article that reported on how much a jerk Bob Kane was. So when people talk as if Bob Kane's opinion on Batman as if it matters, all I can do is laugh.

And the dude who really made Batman what he was, Bill Finger, had no problem ushering in a lighter tone and writing for the TV show, so while Campy Batman isn't how I ideally see Batman, I can acknowledge that it is a part of the character's history.

The whole lot of you need to tone it down a notch. Nothing wrong with the conversation you're having but keep it respectful.

I would also recommend in taking it to the Batworld section as this has absolutely nothing to do with Anne Hathaway as Catwoman anymore.

This thread used to be interesting when it was actually about Anne or Catwoman.

This thread used to be interesting when it was actually about Anne or Catwoman.

Yes, but that was a long time ago, when people discussed the character, and not how much Anne Hathaway turned them on...and her various awards and crotch shot incidents and things that don't have much to do with Batman at all, but recently, not so much. I've been bored silly by this thread since about late November.

Yes, but that was a long time ago, when people discussed the character, and not how much Anne Hathaway turned them on...and her various awards and crotch shot incidents and things that don't have much to do with Batman at all, but recently, not so much. I've been bored silly by this thread since about late November.

"Interesting" is not the word I'd use.
If you don't find the thread interesting then don't drown it with condescending posts contributing nothing to the topic of the thread. It's that simple.

Consider this my last warning in this thread. Anything even resembling an off topic post or some kind of condescending rebuttal will land you an insubordination infraction. I'm not inviting a retort of any kind so save it. If you want to talk about the history and evolution of Batman through the years then go ahead and make a thread about it in the Bat world section. See it's all very simple. Don't come into a thread you don't like and start talking about whatever you so please and ignoring the topic of _______ thread.

If you find the material in a thread to be misogynistic or disrespectful then go ahead and report the post and we'll take care of it. Complaining about it to justify being off topic isn't any better.

To think, all this kicked off because Julie Newmar said The Dark Knight Rises was a long movie and didn't praise it effusively.

To think, all this kicked off because Julie Newmar said The Dark Knight Rises was a long movie and didn't praise it effusively.

Oh that Julie Newmar, always stirring up trouble... just like Catwoman. ;)

She was fabuloso.

One moment that I absolutely love is the glint in her eye after she tells Stryver that he just used the senator's cell phone. It's an adorable, yet vicious look.

She was fabuloso.

One moment that I absolutely love is the glint in her eye after she tells Stryver that he just used the senator's cell phone. It's an adorable, yet vicious look.

The fake-cry was quite awesome, I thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"