The Dark Knight Rises Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIV

Anne looks great there. I do like her wavy hair (it looks quite informal) and the cat ears. I would've liked to have seen ears like that other than just at the ball. There's a certain cuteness about them, especially on Anne. Her hair as well makes it seem like she's more relaxed.

Her hair in TDKR, while lovely, has a more formal style, almost as if it has to be properly worn up and brushed back like a school girl. Here in the audition photos, it's Anne letting her hair down. Also looks more like a "just had sex" look. :p

Maybe they didn't want to sexualize the character too much with the lower neckline and sexy hair? :p The straight hair made her look more polished and professional which I suppose is what they ended up wanting for the character since she's a world class thief. I don't know. :funny:

ETA: She also looks better in the screen test IMO because she's still on her regular weight.

Last edited:
In plus they were going for the Julie Newmar look with the straight hair with some volume.

Also her costume is purple, no?

Maybe they didn't want to sexualized the character too much with the lower neckline and sexy hair? :p The straight hair made her look more polished and professional which I suppose is what they ended up wanting for the character since she's a world class thief. I don't know. :funny:

ETA: She also looks better in the screen test IMO because she's still on her regular weight.
I don't think her weight changed too much, actually. It isn't as visible as Bale's, that's for sure. :funny:

Also, the sleek straight hair shows that she's always in control, which I think wasn't something that was written in with dialogue in the film. It wasn't that obvious, but her character always needed to be in control and that she knew what she was doing. That's how you got the sense that she was dangerous even though she dressed very feminine. Normally, women in tight-fitting outfits and super-high stiletto heels aren't dangerous, but she is. :hehe:

I don't think her weight changed too much, actually. It isn't as visible as Bale's, that's for sure. :funny:

Also, the sleek straight hair shows that she's always in control, which I think wasn't something that was written in with dialogue in the film. It wasn't that obvious, but her character always needed to be in control and that she knew what she was doing. That's how you got the sense that she was dangerous even though she dressed very feminine. Normally, women in tight-fitting outfits and super-high stiletto heels aren't dangerous, but she is. :hehe:

Hmmm... I think the weight change pre and during TDKR was noticeable but I agree with the control thing. I think that "clean slate" scene of her with Daggett is the perfect example of how she always needs to be in control and in that particular moment, she wasn't in control and she did not like that one bit. :D

Hubba bubba... Those test pics. :atp:

No... it's black.

So must be something with my eyes...

cillianhathawaybatman5.jpg

Hmmm... I think the weight change pre and during TDKR was noticeable but I agree with the control thing. I think that "clean slate" scene of her with Daggett is the perfect example of how she always needs to be in control and in that particular moment, she wasn't in control and she did not like that one bit. :D
And s*** sure went down. But Batman helped. :awesome:

Is there actual footage of this or just these caps?

I do prefer the hair in the film. It looks as others say "more formal." Another way to put it is that she looks like she is always in control and on edge. She looks sexy, but she does not overdo it. It isn't so much "wild" as "manipulative, dangerous." As for neck lines? Why would a thief have a neck line? I know, I know. Why would a thief be in heels? But I do not think there is a way to do the neckline without it looking silly. And yes, I think Black Widow being a government agent with one is very much so.

I love the wavy hair but her hair was fine in the film. The messy hair looks like she's a little crazy, like Michelle's Selina Kyle.

I do prefer the hair in the film. It looks as others say "more formal." Another way to put it is that she looks like she is always in control and on edge. She looks sexy, but she does not overdo it. It isn't so much "wild" as "manipulative, dangerous." As for neck lines? Why would a thief have a neck line? I know, I know. Why would a thief be in heels? But I do not think there is a way to do the neckline without it looking silly. And yes, I think Black Widow being a government agent with one is very much so.
Anne's so pale that any cleavage as Catwoman would be the equivalent of a bright yellow Batsymbol on an otherwise black suit. And she wouldn't have any armor there. :funny:

There's no indication that Scarlett's Black Widow is a creature of the night like Catwoman. Black is just cool and sexy. :oldrazz:

^But she was a bit crazy in the film.
Not really. Anne's Selina behaved quite rationally.

Yeah I didn't find her crazy at all.

Yeah I guess you're right in hindsight. There is a bit of a personality disorder in there somewhere though.

Her Selina was very pragmatic, actually. Playing both sides and rarely letting her guard down.

People who are sociopaths are very pragmatic. Not to say CW was in the movie. I'm just stating pragmatism doesn't mean you aren't suffering from a form of mental illness.

People who are sociopaths are very pragmatic. Not to say CW was in the movie. I'm just stating pragmatism doesn't mean you aren't suffering from a form of mental illness.
Well on the spectrum of the Nolan films, she was probably the most sane of all the costumed characters. :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"