Ant-Man Casting Thread

I know he is suggested for every male lead role and is currently a contender for Star Lord in GotG but Joel Edgerton would make me want to see an Ant-Man movie if he was Hank.

Edit

LOVE the Tudyk suggestuion

Last edited:
neil patrick harris!

Yes! Please!!

I don't understand some people's reluctancy to "comedy actors" for these parts; I remember this saying from theatre, "it's way easier to make someone cry than to make'em laugh"; he's an extraordinary actor and a character like Pym would benefit a lot from having him...

Tho, he was my option for Barry Allen, I don't see that happening soon enough, and I'd just love to see NPH interacting with Ruffalo and RDJ, I can see it in my mind and it is glorious! :woot:

Polux

Yes! Please!!

I don't understand some people's reluctancy to "comedy actors" for these parts; I remember this saying from theatre, "it's way easier to make someone cry than to make'em laugh"; he's an extraordinary actor and a character like Pym would benefit a lot from having him...

Tho, he was my option for Barry Allen, I don't see that happening soon enough, and I'd just love to see NPH interacting with Ruffalo and RDJ, I can see it in my mind and it is glorious! :woot:

Polux

He's a great dramatic actor too. If anyone saw him in Law and Order Criminal Intent, he gave a very moving portrayal of a serial killer who craved love and affection and made you really sorry for him. He was a world away from Barney Stinson.

He might be a little too svelte for Pym but I suppose he could bulk up. He certainly could play the intelligent scientist easily, and someone with a nervous breakdown. The thing is that he's almost a little too charismatic for Pym and would probably be to Ant-Man what RDJ was to Iron Man. elevating him far beyond his source material in this case.

He's a great dramatic actor too. If anyone saw him in Law and Order Criminal Intent, he gave a very moving portrayal of a serial killer who craved love and affection and made you really sorry for him. He was a world away from Barney Stinson.

I saw it, he was amazing, I shed a manly tear.:woot:

He might be a little too svelte for Pym but I suppose he could bulk up. He certainly could play the intelligent scientist easily, and someone with a nervous breakdown. The thing is that he's almost a little too charismatic for Pym and would probably be to Ant-Man what RDJ was to Iron Man. elevating him far beyond his source material in this case.

And I think that's exacly what the chracter of Pym needs.

Also, I really, really, REALLY hope that Feige and Whedon got involved enough to change Wright's mind and make it all about the Pyms; Whedon has said before that he really wants to do Wasp, so that could help; I never cared about Pym in the comics (and I hate ultimate-superdouchebag-Pym); but EMH made me fall in love with that version of Pym, and I couldn't care less about Scott Lang.

Just me, of course.

Polux

I didn't realize NPH was already brought up a few pages back on here so sorry for re-hashing old topics. I don't know much about Hank Pym other than like A:EMH but for some reason I just thought NPH was perfect haha. Maybe I've been watching too much How I Met Your Mother

Also I don't think I really want a Pym/Lang story line for this movie, idk what route they're planning on going with the movie, and I know the only hint we've had was like 6 years ago where it was set in the 60's or 80's with both characters, but I'm guessing there's like a .001% chance that's still the case. I mean that idea was thrown around before this whole Avengers phase came into full lighting, so I feel like that story would have to be altered.

I did like the Pym/Lang "To Steal and Ant-Man" story they did on A:EMH so I wouldn't mind seeing that, where both characters are around the same age, Lang works at the lab where Pym is, steals his stuff, Pym tracks him down, and they ultimately have to take down the big baddie together. I'd be cool with that as long as it shows Hank/Janet are the main guys and Lang is more of an obstacle who goes away at the end of the movie. I really really really don't want some type of 80's set piece translating into the present.

/rant :)

I'd like to see the "To steel an Ant Man" story in a sequel. I don't want Lang in the first one.

I assume we'll get some information on the plot in a year or so...

I assume we'll get some information on the plot in a year or so...

Yeah, it's too soon for details now. Wright has only been writing the thing for six years now....

He might be a little too svelte for Pym but I suppose he could bulk up.
I like the idea of NPH. It's the first superhero role that I personally want him to play (not the often suggested Flash, IMO). But why bulking up? How many scientists look like Conan? (lol)

I like the sound of Jude Law as Pym.
Holy moses. Awesome suggestion.

I like the idea of NPH. It's the first superhero role that I personally want him to play (not the often suggested Flash, IMO). But why bulking up? How many scientists look like Conan? (lol)

You mean Conan O'Brien? A lot, I think. :woot:

jason bateman. he has that vibe where he using sarcasm and humour to mask his insecurities and nervousness. perfect for pym.

jason bateman. he has that vibe where he using sarcasm and humour to mask his insecurities and nervousness. perfect for pym.

I like that idea. Also, Tony can take a side job as a magician.

"Hank, I've made a huge mistake."

"Yeah right, like I'm going to fight Thanos in my $5000 suit! Come on!"

Any news/updates on this project?

Is this going to start filming next year?

By the looks of it filming won't start till a week before release :o

It's reasonable we haven't heard much recently on a film due to release in November 2015. Thats just under three years from now.

It's Edgar Wright working on this. Nuff said!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"