Ant-Man Casting Thread

is there any sort of conformation on wether it will be Pym or Lang?

I imagine it's going to be Pym's name and Scott's backstory :o not really what I want but better than no Ant-Man at all :o

Well he'd certainly sound intelligent enough, but he seems like a bit of a washed up TV star. What has he done these days except the odd cameo appearance here and there?

He's the 3rd lead on Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23, playing himself...as a washed up TV star. He's good in it, though.

Adam Scott fits Wright's directing sensibility.

Why can sell an absurd premise while displaying a dry wit.

It doesn't hurt that Scott is a bit of a nerdy looking hunk.

what about Patrick Wilson very good actor who can do drama and comedy
img-patrick-wilson_120204438158.jpg

a-gifted-man-patrick-wilson-image-422x600.jpg

If I had a dollar for every Wilson suggestion for Pym. I'd be rich.

Well he is a good suggestion, but I agree he's not the only one capable for the role.

Wilson looks appropriate for a darker, more serious take on Ant Man but I doubt that is what Wright has in mind.

How about Josh Holloway for Pym, in case WS casting doesn't work out?

Last edited:
Wait. Fillion was offered Ant Man and turned it down?

When was this?

MV5BMTUwMzc1MjU1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzcwMjUzMg@@._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

Tim Guinee might be a guy to look at for the part of Pym. He was most recently in the Revolution pilot(and some flashbacks) as a scientist guy. He was also in IM1 and 2 as Major Allen which I didn't realize until I looked up more of his credits. Anyway, I think he'd be solid

Fillion was never offered the role, he just hasn't shown interest in it when interviewers have mentioned it to him. Joss joked at SDCC once that Fillion was playing Ant-Man, and Fillion later said he's probably not a hero he'd want to play.

Someone in another forum had a suggestion for Alan Tudyk for Pym and Olivia Wilde for Wasp. I'd say this was a pretty solid cast suggestion as Tudyk has worked with Whedon before.

Fillion was never offered the role, he just hasn't shown interest in it when interviewers have mentioned it to him. Joss joked at SDCC once that Fillion was playing Ant-Man, and Fillion later said he's probably not a hero he'd want to play.
That's still a supid thing for him to say. The film could be a success.

Last edited:
I would like to see Benedict Cumberbatch as Ant-man

If we go with a Teenage Wasp..Chloe Mortez is the best choice..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"