The Dark Knight Anthony Michael Hall in TDK

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a side note...if he is going to introduce another villain, personally I would much rather see a different villain than the Riddler. Two-face and Joker are really cool villains that I love so I don't mind that they've been done before, especially since Tommy Lee Jones sucked and looking back on it Jack Nicholson was a little too campy (yea I said it). However when it comes to the Riddler, (as much as I'll admit the Riddler in Hush was woven into the storyline perfectly) I just don't have as much of a desire to watch him on-screen. If Nolan is going to introduce another villain on-screen I would much rather see Black Mask, Mad Hatter, or a remade Bane (one that actually talks).

We won't know until 7.18.08, unless somebody else knows the same thing Anjow does and spills the beans........

-Calendar Man? Not bad.
-Vernon Fields?
-The Question?
-The Riddler?
-Another "Holiday" type"

I'm thinking Nolan would want to introduce someone new, not the Riddler, but I guess you never know.......

AMH as BANE??? NO WAY IN HELL! He in no way shape or form could pull off Bane.

We won't know until 7.18.08, unless somebody else knows the same thing Anjow does and spills the beans........

-The Question?

I'm thinking Nolan would want to introduce someone new, not the Riddler, but I guess you never know.......

Would be cool with me.

AMH sorry you gotta accept it, AMH is Bane.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! NO NO NO!!! You're lying!!! LIAR!!!! NOOOOOOO!!! HE CAN'T BE!!!! :dry:

Correction I didn't say AMH was Bane I said if I wanted to see another villain on screen Bane would be one of them.

AMH is going to be... brace yourself Optimus Prime or Predator or Judge Dredd pick one.

If you go over and look at thread - "Casting call - people who have been accepted one of the people who have been one of the extras in the movie has given us a clue to who he might be.

INtersting. I never have thought of him as Jeremiah Arkham.

But I dont know,.........I kind of that that he might be playing a bigger role.

INtersting. I never have thought of him as Jeremiah Arkham.

But I dont know,.........I kind of that that he might be playing a bigger role.

Even if he has stated that he's playing a good guy, Riddler is still a possibility. Remember him in TLH and Dark Victory? More so in Dark Victory, Riddler never actually was an active enemy of Batman. In fact, he was an alcoholic who didnt really try to do much of anything. However, he did serve a big role in both as an informant. I would actually not have a problem with using the character like this. Sounds reasonable to me anyways.

i think it fits (i posted something longer in another forum).
nolan knows he's got three movies. if some of the rumors (and speculation) are true: AMH's in the movie a good deal, bad/good/bad guy, known to fans (maybe not the older fans, but certainly newer). fits.

and fits a 3 part story arc with psychological depth nolan likes:
1. exorcise inner demons
2. face external consequences of doing so (joker escape; gang-freak warfare; friend dent injured; gordon-bats estrangement).
3. face internal consequences and reconcile

No zsasz or other lesser knowns. NO nitewing. maybe harley in doctor form, may be needed to bust joker out for third movie.

nolan has kept the batman world small. almost everything current occurs in: court, mob-hangouts, manor, gordon's home, gotham alleys, ARKHAM (a pivot point). They get out, he (as not executioner but ultimately law-abiding) puts 'em back in, only to find that's not enuff - he'll have to go in after them (3rd movie).

but i'm a little drunk and have been wrong before (once, twice if you count that other thing).

4...n dollars
2. Paul Bettany would be crowned the "Sexiest Man in England"
1. ITS PAUL ****ING BETTANY!

21. Paul Bettany could constantly humble Heath Ledger on set by showing him the proper way of performing his character.-----
I'm still beside myself that he didn't land the role. He fits the Joker profile to a 'T'. He's too tall for Riddler though....:csad:

just curious, but what do you base your speculation on? and how is it logical that he's playing nigma/riddler over any other character? walk us through this logic.

talk about refusing to admit the obvious...the guy himself says that he plays a good guy.

I think the secrecy of the role leads to Anthony Michael Hall playing a known Bat Villain. Again, if he is playing John Due X: Batman Wannabe - the secrecy is unnecessary.

You then have to look at all possible Batman characters that would deserve any decent amount of screen time on film - or at least a role appearing through out a Batman film so early in a franchise. That eliminates most male Batman allies, though I will keep open the slim possibility of him playing a fellow hero. The idea of Anthony Michael Hall playing Vic Sage or Oliver Quinn, for example, while a long shot - is a possibility, though very slim.

I then have to Batman villains. The lack of Guy Lewis and Thomas Roach takes away the possibility of Black Mask. You need to establish the long standing relationship between the Waynes and these characters to really give them depth - and with Nolan, he would want to cram as much depth to these characters as possible.

Harvey Dent's corrupt aid, Vernon, would seem to be a possible contender - and I initially thought this would be Anthony Michael Hall's role. However Aaron Eckhart as filmed many scenes in Chicago, as well as all the court scenes, and Hall was not on-set. Anthony Michel Hall is not Vernon.

Of course you frequently point out that AMH will probably be playing a Batman wannabe. While again, I believe the secrecy of the role takes away that as an option, there has also been several films shot with Batman wannabe's present - again, Anthony Michael Hall was a no go.

Riddler makes sense because outside of the Joker, Penguin and Catwoman - he is the most recognizable Batman baddie. I am going to safely roll out Penguin and Catwoman for obvious reasons (not to say AMH would not look good in a skin tight leather suit....or even a monocle) - this would justify the secrecy of the character. Also I could very easily see Nolan making Riddler a morally ambiguous character: especially when Nolan has himself admitted that he is heavily influenced by The Long Halloween. This ambiguity makes the Riddler fit even the AMH made of the View: which though seems to be pretty cut and dry, IMO has to be regarded with suspicion. If we are not suppose to see Riddler as exactly a villain, and even a good guy in parts of the film - then his declaration is a perfect, and plays brilliantly with the tight lip policy about his role.

Of course I am further backed up when I consider the accounts from BOF's source. We know Jett has a friend who has read the script. While not in any way how I came to my opinion - it does reassure me of my claim.

21. Paul Bettany could constantly humble Heath Ledger on set by showing him the proper way of performing his character.-----
I'm still beside myself that he didn't land the role. He fits the Joker profile to a 'T'. He's too tall for Riddler though....:csad:

Not to question the sanity of any member of the cult of Bettany - but isn't the Riddler suppose to be a tall, lanky fellow?

21. Paul Bettany could constantly humble Heath Ledger on set by showing him the proper way of performing his character.----- I'm still beside myself that he didn't land the role. He fits the Joker profile to a 'T'. He's too tall for Riddler though....:csad:

I am so sick and tired of that garbage. Only reason Bettany had so many fanboys drooling was because of some small movie he did(can't remember name) were he played some sort of spaz/psycho, and oh yeah........his skin is pale.:dry: :dry: :dry:

Kinda like why the other side of fanboys were drooling over Glover. Simply cause he was lanky and had a pointy jaw and nose. Too bad he plays every role almost the same.....as a big puss.

I'd take Ledger any day over those two. It reminds me of my younger sister who is boycotting this film. Partly because she wanted Crispin Glover as the Joker, and why?? Same reason as those other fanboys, just because he had a pointy jaw and nose:whatever: .

LACHEY HULME FTW!!!

and yes i've actually seen some of his movies, Four Jacks is pure gold.

LACHEY HULME FTW!!!

and yes i've actually seen some of his movies, Four Jacks is pure gold.

LOL. You came in like a hawk with the LACEY HULME FTW comment.:woot:

I hope that 4 Jacks comment wasn't serious, pure tosh, waste of $8. Hulme is the only decent thing about it

The secrecy could be because he's playing Falcone's kid, and the knowledge that Falcone's son is in this movie in the first place would give a LOT away to those of us that have read The Long Halloween. If Falcone's son is in the movie, it might turn out to be much like TLH only with The Joker as a big time villain instead of the miniscule appearance he makes in the story.

I hope that 4 Jacks comment wasn't serious, pure tosh, waste of $8. Hulme is the only decent thing about it

thats what I meant, Hulme in Four Jacks was awesome.

I am so sick and tired of that garbage. Only reason Bettany had so many fanboys drooling was because of some small movie he did(can't remember name) were he played some sort of spaz/psycho, and oh yeah........his skin is pale.:dry: :dry: :dry:

Kinda like why the other side of fanboys were drooling over Glover. Simply cause he was lanky and had a pointy jaw and nose. Too bad he plays every role almost the same.....as a big puss.

I'd take Ledger any day over those two. It reminds me of my younger sister who is boycotting this film. Partly because she wanted Crispin Glover as the Joker, and why?? Same reason as those other fanboys, just because he had a pointy jaw and nose:whatever: .

To compare Crispin Glover with Paul Bettany shows your stupidity.

Crispin Glover's largest problem is not his acting ability, its the fact hes an ass hat. Since Paul Bettany does not suffer that problem, your opinion is in valid.

While yes, Gangster No. 1 made a strong case for Bettany as the Joker - it was by far means not the only reason he made for a great Joker. Bettany naturally has the suave, the class that the Joker needs. He also can play damn creepy pretty well - as shown in Firewall, Da Vinci Code and Gangster No 1. He also had a very Joker look, given his long lanky body and a face that had that Joker twist.

155fa32a.jpg

Also Bettany is absolutely hilarious, which though not a requirement for the Joker - is not a bad thing. His talk show interviews show him to be a fun, hilarious guy - again, making the Crispin Glover comparison head scratching.

Bettany is one of the most talented young actor and England and his performance as the Joker would of been incredible.

The secrecy could be because he's playing Falcone's kid, and the knowledge that Falcone's son is in this movie in the first place would give a LOT away to those of us that have read The Long Halloween. If Falcone's son is in the movie, it might turn out to be much like TLH only with The Joker as a big time villain instead of the miniscule appearance he makes in the story.

Holiday only works as a character if there is a mystery. Since TLH is a widely beloved Batman comic - the mystery is gone and would need to be rewritten to work on screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"