The Dark Knight Anthony Michael Hall in TDK

Status
Not open for further replies.
It def ain't grayson or Todd. He's much too old to play those roles.
i know. it was just an example of how giving out a character name could reveal too much about the story. the name/role of a mobster or businessman doesn't do that.

oh my god....

they're going to pull another Watanabe/Neeson "Ra's Al Ghul" ruse.

my gut tells me that Anthony Michael Hall is totally going to to be the real Joker.

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz...?path=pgallery&path_key=Hall, Anthony Michael

adding to the fact that Anthony Michael Hall is first being mentioned to have joined the cast right along side the big "Joker" reveal, and that he's soooooo hush hush on the matter... 200 million dollar surprise??????????

guys, c'mon.

i'd totally put money on it.... Ledger is probably going to be just a decoy, deformed by the real Joker himself (ala Alicia Grissom in Burton's Batman) who's been secretly masterminding everything from behind the scenes.
You've lost your speaking privledges.

Woot! I believe we have our Renee Montoya!

Kidding aside... I have a sinking feeling that he's going to be replacing Cillian Murphy as Scarecrow. Though I probably am, and in fact HOPE that I am wrong.

Kidding aside... I have a sinking feeling that he's going to be replacing Cillian Murphy as Scarecrow. Though I probably am, and in fact HOPE that I am wrong.

Ha, that was my first reaction too. But it's doubtful.

Nigma would be a good choice but I don't see another villian being thrown in. I really hope it's neither of the Robins. I'd say gangster, playboy or WayneTech employee.

Riddler could actually be a pretty cool villain if he was underplayed and kept out of a goddamn costume. But you'd have to give him something very clever to do.

Although has it ever occurred to anyone that Nolan could a have a FIELD DAY with the Riddler? Tricks and puzzles are his forte after all....

idea ...

Batman has to ditch the suit when he dives into the water (after the Tumbler blows). ends up getting a new suit. but ole Vigilante here goes and gets the old Batman suit? maybe he tries to play Batman and stop the Joker, thus we get the scene from the sides where he's been captured.

I wouldn't mind seeing a pre-riddler Nigma in a role similar to Dr Conners in the Spidey films.

Just a nod that is not neccisarily there to go directly to his villan counter part.

idea ...

Batman has to ditch the suit when he dives into the water (after the Tumbler blows). ends up getting a new suit. but ole Vigilante here goes and gets the old Batman suit? maybe he tries to play Batman and stop the Joker, thus we get the scene from the sides where he's been captured.

I can see a scene you don't actually see Bruce getting the new bat suit, but Anthony gets it and fights joker, Joker kills, Joker thinks its really batman, but its not, the old switcharoo.

I'm betting on Nigma.

But for some reason I don't think so :|

Rossi would be a surprise, as he is the guy who disfigures Dent. But I can't see how he can have scenes with Freeman.

I think Rossi is going to be a small character not worthy of several weeks of filming. But that is me just pulling that from my ass with a pinch of gut feeling.

nor does it give anything away. Rossi's name doesn't even ring with the casual moviegoer or Batman fan. it's completely meaningless to me.

No but honestly, he would make a great Edward Nigma.
The Riddler is one of the most perfect villains that would fit well in Nolan's universe.
In the BTAS Nigma did work for Wayne Enterprises ( or a company that belonged to it ) so its not so far out of reach.

All Im saying is I would love for The Riddler to get the proper villain treatment for once.
His riddles would be crazy for a Nolan Batman film, lol.

I think Rossi is going to be a small character not worthy of several weeks of filming. But that is me just pulling that from my ass with a pinch of gut feeling.
I doubt it's several weeks of shooting. More several days scattered through the next months. It's probably Rossi or the vigilante.

And speaking of The Dark Knight, '80s teen-movie king geek Anthony Michael Hall (The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Weird Science) apparently has a role in next summer's blockbuster, playing a supersecret part that FilmIck.com describes as a "Batman wannabe."

http://movies.go.com/moviesproxy/tipster?id=893083

That should settle it then. People who've read the sides know what part he's playing and why revealing it would spoil an integral part of the storyline.

That should settle it then. People who've read the sides know what part he's playing and why revealing it would spoil an integral part of the storyline.

has Batman ever had a wannabe in the comics ?

like i said before, could this not be The Boy Wonder ?

Maybe he is playing the part of the "Vigilante", but that vigilante is none other then Oliver Queen. I can see the two billionaires conducting some sort of business together. Plus it would be a cool way to introduce the character before spinning him off into "Super Max".

That thought occurred to me as well. Although I think if we saw Ollie, it would be as Ollie, not as Green Arrow. I highly doubt we'll see another major DC hero in costume, but who knows.

Where did the 'Batman vigilante' idea come from?

Is it not too early in his career for other heroes?

I'm wondering this as well? Has the whole "Batman wannabe" thing been confirmed or just rumored?

How is that a surprise?

Think about it - he said he even described it as a surprise. He is not a comic book fan. It has to be someone fairly well known.

Adam West's Batman made Riddler a mainstreme comic villian. Jim Carrey's Riddler is still favorably regarded by many movie goers. Plus he would ****in own as Mr. Nigma.

I just don't think you would get that reaction if it was just RANDOM GUY #1. The only guy from the sides I thought could work is Rossi. But I don't see that being a really large role - I am betting Rossi = Gamble.

This is what gets me. If he's not a fan and even he can tell that the very name of his character would spoil something, he must be playing someone widely recognizable OR a less recognizable character who's very pivotal to one specific comic storyline.

has Batman ever had a wannabe in the comics ?
Many times, from the Batman gangs in "The Dark Knight returns" or in the "Bats" LOTDK series to the first issue of the Grant Morrison run, where a guy dressed as Batman fights with the Joker.

Ahhw yeah, dropping loads... of great actors in this movie! Anthony MH is awesome in the Dead Zone and I'm sure he is going to be great in TDK. This movie just got better by adding some AMH!

Guy has matured very much since his younger days:

0000002807_20060919193950.jpg

Maybe he plays the part of the many vigilantes influenced by Batman, as seen in the sides?

From what he stated. Hall says he will have a # of scenes with Freeman and Bale. I'm guessing he may be Roman Sionis!

I don't think Hall has huge role anyway since huge roles covered by Bale, Eckhart, Oldman, Leger and Maggie G.

Who is Rossi?

I thought Marroni did the acid on dent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"