Antje Traue IS Faora in The Man of Steel - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
She does look really badass. Strikingly attractive woman as well.

I understand and agree, but now I find myself a "junkie" for any new clip...:woot:

Yeah, I'm the same. I want to resist, but I just.. can't.. do it. Oh, well!

HFpA3kb.gif

Faora continues to thrill. These Kryptonians must stomp on humans like they're ants.

Maybe she's sadistic and likes sticking knives into humans.....

All I'll say is she's off-the-rails crazy in the movie (not in the head, just in terms of action). She pulls a knife because she can. I suppose that doesn't make sense until you watch it.

What I liked about it is that
Hardy pulled the knife on her first.
I hope the movie is full of those types of moments. Humans trying to do the right things and act super mirroring a person who had to learn what it is to be human. :)

Does Faora even know...

... that she is genetic manipulated, so that she acts like that? Do they talk about that in the movie? Or does she speak about that fact?

All I'll say is she's off-the-rails crazy in the movie (not in the head, just in terms of action). She pulls a knife because she can. I suppose that doesn't make sense until you watch it.
How much screen time does she have?

I do not think this version of Faora hates men-Shes just crazy bloodthirsty psychopath.

I love her

In terms of straight up femme fatale types, I think Xenia Onatopp is going to get a run for her money.

Speaking of, I wonder if there's a sequence similar to this one in Man of Steel to really show Faora's 'pleasure in killing' and that 'violence is her satisfaction'.
Might be a bit too much and over the top though - what was Golden Eye rated again?

Last edited:
Speaking of, I wonder if there's a sequence similar to this one in Man of Steel to really show Faora's 'pleasure in killing' and that 'violence is her satisfaction'.
Good point - I certainly hope so. She's flashing a dark smile here:
fcas60.gif

Which is now my avatar thanks to Irish Avenger! Love it :)

She's got a great look, and I dig the kryptonian warrior vibe she gives off in the clips I've seen.

Does Faora even know...

... that she is genetic manipulated, so that she acts like that? Do they talk about that in the movie? Or does she speak about that fact?

Yes, she talks about it to Clark directly actually.

I do not think this version of Faora hates men-Shes just crazy bloodthirsty psychopath.

I love her

She doesn't come off as a psychopath or bloodthirsty. She fights for Zod and his reasoning.

She doesn't come off as a psychopath or bloodthirsty. She fights for Zod and his reasoning.

When i understand Antje right in her interviews, then is Faora not evil. She is genetic manipulated that she likes to kill and she is not able to feel mercy or fear. But her main intention is not to be evil. She just wants to protect Krypton and her people and she just follows orders.

I guess she only targets and kills enemy soldiers intentional AND targets that Zod gives her. I don't think she would act like a real serial killer, i mean i don't believe that she would kill children or whole families just for fun oder such thing.

When i understand Antje right in her interviews, then is Faora not evil. She is genetic manipulated that she likes to kill and she is not able to feel mercy or fear. But her main intention is not to be evil. She just wants to protect Krypton and her people and she just follows orders.

I guess she only targets and kills enemy soldiers intentional AND targets that Zod gives her. I don't think she would act like a real serial killer, i mean i don't believe that she would kill children or whole families just for fun oder such thing.

She's more robotic than anything else and she knows it. She's been engineered that way. As you said she won't go and just blast random citizens, there's no point. She feels superior.

So you could say that she's portrayed as not far from being like a female version of Nam-Ek (if he actually isn't THAT brute, inarticulate and mindless as he comes across from the trailers)?

So you could say that she's portrayed as not far from being like a female version of Nam-Ek (if he actually isn't THAT brute, inarticulate and mindless as he comes across from the trailers)?

She comes across as intelligent and professional; she's very articulate. When I said robotic earlier, she treats civilians/humans as nuisances or ants more than anything.

She comes across as intelligent and professional; she's very articulate. When I said robotic earlier, she treats civilians/humans as nuisances or ants more than anything.
It's going to be a joy to see this. And scary. Like the age old saying, an ant has no quarrel with a boot. Just because we can doesn't mean we should. This time, we're the ants.

I think, because the was created as (nearly) emotionless, a living person has just no significance to her. She would also kill Kryptonians mercyless, if she gets this order. Human lives are probably a bit more useless in her eyes, than kryptonians would be...

She does not feel bad, that the humans are absolutley helpless against her. Because she has no idea what "unfair" or "cruel" means. How could a person like her, nearly without any feelings understand such things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"