Hans Zimmer Scoring The Man of Steel - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scream 2 had a really good theme for the character of Dewey. They should have gotten the guy that wrote that to score MOS. I have a feeling he'd have done a pretty good job.

I'm actually invisioning a stabber film that takes place in the 1920s or jazz age at Christmas time with a possible cowboy type character. Thanks for the idea lol. Always wanted to tell a slasher film, but couldn't think of anything that hasn't been done until now. Unsure how the whole period piece slasher film would work, but at least I've finally got an angle for one.

ADDING: Just found out that was Hans Zimmer. I'm more familiar with his recent work. I'd like to see him do more of this haunting Danny Elfman sort of vibe music with something.

Last edited:
If that small sample pieces are totally uninspiring. So will be the whole long version of it. Not a single sample stood out the scream MOS! It's so mediocre that if it wasn't mention as the sound track for MOS no one would have care. The drumming part was just terrible. It almost like I can see Sheila E drumming away on her electronic drum. Ugh.

Add my name to the list of people disappointed with the samples. Perhaps we are not hearing the best parts but why sample the average parts. Hope I am missing something. Maybe it will come across better in the film.

Add my name to the list of people disappointed with the samples. Perhaps we are not hearing the best parts but why sample the average parts. Hope I am missing something. Maybe it will come across better in the film.

Amazon just grabs the first 30 seconds at a low bitrate. They're not highlights.

I'm not understanding the complaints. They're just 30 second samples of a nearly half-hour score. I dig the samples.

They never sample the best parts for any artist.

I'm not understanding the complaints. They're just 30 second samples of a nearly half-hour score. I dig the samples.

You and me both. I think people are going to be eating a lot of crow once the full score is released.

Agree. Why, after being so secretive with practically every aspect of this film, would they give away the best parts of the score? It's all part of the plan to wet our beaks.

They never sample the best parts for any artist.
Pff. People need to stop being a fanboy and defending a mediocre soundtrack. There was not a single sample that stood out.

As you can see how much these samples stood out from hearing just 30secs comparing to how a mix bag MOS sound track is going to be.

http://www.amazon.com/Inception-Hans-Zimmer/dp/B003ODL004
http://www.amazon.com/Tron-Exclusive-Version-Digital-Booklet/dp/B004EI3ON4
http://www.last.fm/music/Hans+Zimmer/Gladiator+Soundtrack

Last edited:
Agree. Why, after being so secretive with practically every aspect of this film, would they give away the best parts of the score? It's all part of the plan to wet our beaks.

Enough with the secretive BS. It doesn't work that way anymore. They will give away the whole movie and show the best parts to get people excited not hide it from what we have been seeing for all the big movies that's coming out.

Enough with the secretive BS. It doesn't work that way anymore. They will give away the whole movie and show the best parts to get people excited not hide it from what we have been seeing for all the big movies that's coming out.

So, your saying they aren't being secretive? :whatever:

Pff. People need to stop being a fanboy and defending a mediocre soundtrack. There was not a single sample that stood out.

As you can see how much these samples stood out from hearing just 30secs comparing to how a mix bag MOS sound track is going to be.

http://www.amazon.com/Inception-Hans-Zimmer/dp/B003ODL004
http://www.amazon.com/Tron-Legacy-Daft-Punk/dp/B0037KMHRY/ref=pd_sim_m_6
http://www.last.fm/music/Hans+Zimmer/Gladiator+Soundtrack

FYI I haven't even listened to the samples yet. :dry:

So, your saying they aren't being secretive? :whatever:

THe only thing they are being secretive is the story. But what's the big deal? Everyone can easily guess what's this movie is about and how it's going to start and end. It's obviously a remake/revision of the first Superman. Don't worry the next trailer they will show everything. If Star Trek Into Darkness, Fast and Furious 6 and a whole bunch of other trailers out there didn't give us a clue about studios going all out trying to top one another by giving away so much to get people in their seats even if they give away almost everything. Like you think these studio head really give a damn. It's all about making money and not about trying to satisfy a few fanboys. I mean look at Prometheus trailer. Totally gave away everything.

THe only thing they are being secretive is the story. But what's the big deal? Everyone can easily guess what's this movie is about and how it's going to start and end. It's obviously a remake/revision of the first Superman. Don't worry the next trailer they will show everything. If Star Trek Into Darkness, Fast and Furious 6 and a whole bunch of other trailers out there didn't give us a clue about studios going all out trying to top one another by giving away so much to get people in their seats even if they give away almost everything. Like you think these studio head really give a damn. It's all about making money and not about trying to satisfy a few fanboys. I mean look at Prometheus trailer. Totally gave away everything.

I'm not trying to sound like a huge Nolanite, but have you ever seen a trailer that has Christopher Nolan's name in it or attached to it, give away the information you are suggesting? :huh:

Listened to the samples earlier and really dug those that I heard, you could even hear some of the trailer music in one of tracks.

Was hoping to listen to them again and hopefully see the rest of the OST samples would be up but Amazon has removed all the samples now. :csad:

Listened to the samples earlier and really dug those that I heard, you could even hear some of the trailer music in one of tracks.

Was hoping to listen to them again and hopefully see the rest of the OST samples would be up but Amazon has removed all the samples now. :csad:
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tilzHt_oTgQ[/YT]

I mean some of them sounds good but not a single one that stood out as a main theme. Not sure if they sample the main theme.

Last edited:
Well, we know the trailer featured music adapted from the final track of the album (you know, the 30 minute one), so obviously, the score has more thematic elements than the Amazon preview is offering.

Did anyone have a chance to get the samples before Amazon took them down?

holy cow Jason Bonham and Pharrell? pre-ordered the limited edition this morning. Can't wait!

I really want to hear Flight.

why u no put that one up Amazon!! :(

Play 'Blade Runner' for the masses and take a poll. The movie itself is known. The music? I'd like to see a source that says its music is well known to the masses.
Pfft. Give more a source that it isn't. Not as recognizable as Superman? Absolutely. Unrecognizable? Absolutely not.

Agree to disagree. And you are right, there is no source to back up either. But, I find it highly unlikely to the masses. We're not talking film fans, or people who listen to scores a lot, we're talking about common everyday people. The movie? Yes. Score? Hard to believe the common everyday person would know.

forgive my stupidity, but why are we comparing Vangelis's score of Blade Runner to Zimmer's score of Man of Steel again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"