Any Special Cameos ya think?

yes, and stan's the man. lol.
i personally really dig his cameo's. not too out there and not too in your face. all good fun.

FlameHead said:
Hmmm... name dropping like who? I can't remember any name dropping in DD... though I probably just didn't recognize the names.

Name dropping would be cool even. I consider that a mini cameo...

In DD, when Fixer is talking to Jack Murdock before his big fight, he tells him that Bendis, Mack, and Millar were all his fighters...Brian Michael Bendis, David Mack, and Frank Millar were all Daredevil writers. And the fight itself is against John Romita, who drews alot of Daredevil back in the day.

Don't forget that the rapist was named Jose Quesada, and Kevin Smith (Guardian Devil) played a character named Kirby.

Yep your both correct. I think by looking at what MSJ did in Daredevil we will hear some names dropped in Ghost Rider that only the comic readers will know. I love surprises like that. :)

Abe said:
MSJ mentioned that Stan Lee had been written into the script (in November), with a short cameo in one scene.
Not that many people at the production Q&A reacted to it, but I think it's great! I can't wait to see it become a reality.

Awesome. I'll all for havin Stan the man make an appearance. I love playin' the "Where's Stan-do" game...

The Joker said:
In DD, when Fixer is talking to Jack Murdock before his big fight, he tells him that Bendis, Mack, and Millar were all his fighters...Brian Michael Bendis, David Mack, and Frank Millar were all Daredevil writers. And the fight itself is against John Romita, who drews alot of Daredevil back in the day.

OK, I remember seeing the Romita refereance... and loving it. I didn't take notice to the fighters referance though. I'm not a reader of DD so I probably wouldn't anyway.

Thanks for the info! I can't wait to see what MSJ does in Ghost Rider. I hope there's lots of name droppin' for us fans.

Just bumpin' this topic as I believe it's a good one.

not really a cameo of a character or a real person but someone from the GR comics...suprised no one has mentioned this yet.
check out the carnival advertisement behind those 2 girls in the bad 80s getups...
grsetjune2e.jpg

thats for Clara the eyeless fortune teller...a supporting character from the 90s series. she was part of the Quinten Carnival and worked for Blaze.
pretty cool i think :up:

Yeah. MSJ is good at dropping in things for the hardcore fans.

BIGGUN said:
not really a cameo of a character or a real person but someone from the GR comics...suprised no one has mentioned this yet.
check out the carnival advertisement behind those 2 girls in the bad 80s getups...
grsetjune2e.jpg

thats for Clara the eyeless fortune teller...a supporting character from the 90s series. she was part of the Quinten Carnival and worked for Blaze.
pretty cool i think :up:

Great find BG! Another gift proving how MSJ is serious and faithful to the comic book....:)

Wow, that is an awesome eye you have there BG. Great find! I'm very happy to know that Clara is there and it only makes me wonder who else in Blaze's Carnival will be there.

The DD references were awesome.
MSJ really is a comic book geek. That´s great.
I just saw the MAN-THING film ( kind of OK horror film, but nothing to do with the actual character ), and there are two characters under the names MIKE PLOOG ( the FIRST GR artist ) and STEVE GERBER ( great MAN-THING and DEFENDERS 70´s writer and artist ).
I love this.
In GR movie, i´ll be glad to see lots of references, like Stark Industries, Daily Bugle, Frank Castle, the Ketch family, the Kales, something like that.
Maybe a Jack Russell ( WEREWOLF BY NIGHT ) cameo or Avi Arad himself ( he has a cool mid-eastern mafia look ).
That would be cool.

Wouldn't it be cool is Punisher made a cameo in the flick. That would almost be too much... but I am dying to see some sort of movie crossover like that.

FlameHead said:
Wouldn't it be cool is Punisher made a cameo in the flick. That would almost be too much... but I am dying to see some sort of movie crossover like that.

I made a suggestion a long while ago that I think it would be cool if like there was a tv screen in the background with the news on talking about a group of gangsters being killed and a skull symbol being left...or something like that. I think that would be cool.

Since Roxanne is a tv reporter maybe they might have something like that

Hey Red, I do remember you making that suggestion... and it still is a very good one. I'd love to see something like that... and you're right Carter, with Roxanne being a newsie person, she could be doing a report like that.

You just reminded me about the original original Ghost Rider, btw. They could even pay props to him by mentioning Carter Slade or something. That would be interesting.

Hmmm... this is an interesting topic to bump.

There still is a possibility of some sort of cameo, be it name drop or anything...

Jack Russell, the Werewolf by Night, for sure.

I soo would love a Midnight Sons Movie. Perfect Crossover for these two franchises, and it would serve as a perfect test as far as studios are concerned for a future Superman/Batman film. Snipes as much as i can tell, is over the whole Blade thing, but with a Midnight Sons movie, i think hed reprise his role to be in this with Nic Cage. Think anyone with artistic talent is up to doing a poster for this possability?? Id do it but...um... i suck at art. But the fan posters ive seen on this board rock!!!!!

Scooby Doo...

Heck.. if Batman and Robin, the Globetrotters, Mama Cass, Don KNotts, Sonny and Cher.. etc.. can do Scooby.. plus its all Supernatural.. lol

Really.. no one.. I want the focus to be on GR and not some other hero.

HFM

I'd like to see GR bring his vengeance bringin self to Gotham....

...and see how Batman deals with it.

Hey, you asked!:D

A marvel/DC crossover is decades away, I would think.

Argh!! Nobody In Here Like The Ghost Rider/punisher Team Up Against Flag Smasher And Anarchy!!!!!????????

ObakeTora said:
Argh!! Nobody In Here Like The Ghost Rider/punisher Team Up Against Flag Smasher And Anarchy!!!!!????????
Along with the Captain America crossover(the one against Scarecrow) that is my favourite GR crossover.. but for a movie...i don't think it could work..

Man, it's too bad the DC people used Scarcrow first actually. The Marvel version is a freakin' awesome Ghost Rider foe.

ObakeTora said:

That was Punishers and Ghost Rider (II)'s first meeting together and it was a pretty good story. I liked it... and I do think Punisher would be an awesome character to have as a cameo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"